Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
OTD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 302931
Vehicle:
2011 A4
Black

Default Z4M Mini Detail and photo-shoot

Hi guys

I have a BMW Z4M in today for a Mini detail. The owner had an Minor paint correction done prior with me and wants to learn how to properly wash his cars. The Z4M was topped with 1 coat of Dodo supernatural getting ready for the season.

anyways there no before shots...only afters. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for looking!
Any questions or comments are welcome!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
OTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
civicdelslow
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309678
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Dirty Black

looks good! I am curious as to why you own an Audi A4, are taking pictures of a BMW Z4, and posting in a Subaru forum? haha

Either way, lovin it!
civicdelslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
jon102034050
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 223895
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Blue

looks dang good!
jon102034050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
itstony
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 253911
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 2.5rs
black

beautiful car..btw what would you consider as in a minor correction
itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Decade
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285526
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-door
ISM

How do you recommend washing? 2 bucket method with grit guard? Foam gun? Wash->Clay bar->wax?

Let me know still trying to get the right method.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
OTD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 302931
Vehicle:
2011 A4
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdelslow View Post
looks good! I am curious as to why you own an Audi A4, are taking pictures of a BMW Z4, and posting in a Subaru forum? haha

Either way, lovin it!
sorry...I like subarus also...just haven't gotten a chance to work on one ATM, but soon that will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon102034050 View Post
looks dang good!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstony View Post
beautiful car..btw what would you consider as in a minor correction
Minor correction usually involve with a 1 step polishing to remove 50%+ of paint defects. In this case...it was 50% since the clear-coat of this BMW is super hard compared to Subaru paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
How do you recommend washing? 2 bucket method with grit guard? Foam gun? Wash->Clay bar->wax?

Let me know still trying to get the right method.
Foam gun: yes 2 buckets and Grit guard: yes

I would pre-soak with Foam gun with soap to loosen all the surface grime. Then high pressure rinse, and begin your wash with quality soap. Then de-tar with Stoner's tarminator and Iron-cut to remove irons particles.

Then a fine clay can be use to remove the rest ( if any ). Then choose an AIO polish like Duragloss 105 for cleaning the paint surface and protection. Top that with your favorite wax. If you're looking to remove paint defects...then more steps are involve.
OTD is offline   Reply With Quote