Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
julchak
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 365555
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Premium WRX
PBP

Default PBP Touchup post Bottom-out

Hey guys,
I've done some searching on here to no avail...don't bash if you somehow have success in finding a thread about this please, just point me there.

Have my new PBP 2014 WRX Hatch, picked it up in the beginning of January - was doing a detailing job this past Sunday, pulled out of the DIY wash to do my detailing, needless to say I went out a ramp I hadn't gone through before which was a bit steep, went slow but not slow enough and ended up bottoming out on the front left of my bumper.

There's a good scrape under there, not visible unless you're underneath the car, but I wan't to patch it up. I'm going to sand it down with some 200 grit, smooth it out, and then want to figure out what would be the best products to put on to get the most similar PBP color on that plastic bumper.

Already have a front lip on order from Advan-Emotion, but want to clean up the bumper before throwing that on.

Any suggestions on how to best clean this girl up? If you guys want to see pictures just lemme know and I'll get some later today.

Thanks,
Jeff
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by julchak; 02-25-2014 at 01:13 PM.
julchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
MoreChuChu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 378818

Go to the dealer and buy some touch-up paint in your factory color. Done and done.
MoreChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
julchak
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 Premium WRX
PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreChuChu View Post
Go to the dealer and buy some touch-up paint in your factory color. Done and done.
Does that have a clear coat mixed into it? As easy as spray on, dry, reapply for 4-7 layers or so?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
MoreChuChu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 378818

Quote:
Originally Posted by julchak View Post

Does that have a clear coat mixed into it? As easy as spray on, dry, reapply for 4-7 layers or so?
You got it, brosef.
MoreChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
julchak
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 Premium WRX
PBP

Cool beans - thanks for the help.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
julchak
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 Premium WRX
PBP

Haven't had a chance to call the local dealer - was hoping I could take care of this purchase online through Subaru.

Found this on their site - none of those paints are "plasma blue pearl" specifically....any of those listed a match/near match for PBP you think?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Ftinney84
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326998
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2009 WRX sedan
WRB TP-Stg2

no clue about that site, i would check amazon tho and just search using your paint code in the door jam. I've heard of alot of people having luck on there
Ftinney84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
subyhatch05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296700
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1999 rs
blue steel mica

subyhatch05 is offline   Reply With Quote