Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #51
CubeShin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 182282
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STI Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7 View Post
Looks nothing like an Evo.
Seriously? Have you looked at the same side angle shot of an Evo...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CubeShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #52
ForceFed4
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 7370
Join Date: Jun 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bethesda, MD
Vehicle:
2013 5.0
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by design1stcode2nd View Post
All Ford needs to do is just take the existing engine line-up and plop it in a lighter, more modern package with IRS. The existing Mustang is a very good car just needs to be more svelte and modern.
I think this is closer to what we'll see than some other predictions. The current V6 & V8 engine options were only just introduced to the Mustang line in 2011, with the 5.0 basically being a Mustang-specific item. They didn't develop them for a mere 3-year product run, then to scrap them.

Just look at how long the usual product cycle is on Mustang engines. I'm pretty confident the 3.7 V6, and 5.0 V8 are going to be with us for quite some time (at least as the USDM engine options). I'd expect to see DI added at some point though.
ForceFed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #53
Vostok 7
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 30209
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Get a real car.
Vehicle:
Do you need to
read this in Braille?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeShin View Post
Seriously? Have you looked at the same side angle shot of an Evo...
Um, I own one.
Vostok 7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #54
CubeShin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 182282
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STI Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7 View Post
Um, I own one.
Dunno what to say then. The render to me looks like they took the lights and front end and tweaked it.
CubeShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #55
Imprezzedwitsubies
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216116
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
09 Impreza 2.5I
14' Triumph America

Default

Some weight savings, more precise steering, and independant rear suspension will make the Mustang live up to the hype it's been receiving...Drove one for five days and really didn't think it was as good as it was made out to be. Fast though
Imprezzedwitsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #56
8cd03gro
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176056
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
I'd like to see them offer these engines:

Entry/economy model: EcoBoost 4-cyl (270bhp)
V6 model: add DI to the current V6 or do an EcoBoost V6 (both around the 350bhp)
GT: add DI to the current 5.0L (around 450bhp)

That engine lineup, with a 200lb weight loss across the board would be nice (even more weight loss would be nice, but I'm being realistic).

I couldn't care less what they do with the GT500 as it is well out of my price range.
Ford has promised more than a 200 lb weight loss for the next gen. The 5.0 already has a notch in the head for DI and trust me it will make WAAAYYY more than 450hp with DI. The boss already makes those #s. A good DI setup with a slight compression bump and some head work could put the 5.0 in the 500hp range N/A while still meeting emission standards. I'm more interested in what SVT can do with an IRS, lighter-weight, stiffer chassis. The Boss is incredible for running a live axle, imagine a lighter version with IRS and 60hp more

What concerns me is the 2015 gt500 though. My car is going to be one slow POS when those hit the streets.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #57
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: in a minefield of caddishness.
Vehicle:
1984 "Skeletor from
"He-Man"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeShin View Post
Dunno what to say then. The render to me looks like they took the lights and front end and tweaked it.
http://www.lenscrafters.com/
Calamity Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #58
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Ford has promised more than a 200 lb weight loss for the next gen. The 5.0 already has a notch in the head for DI and trust me it will make WAAAYYY more than 450hp with DI. The boss already makes those #s. A good DI setup with a slight compression bump and some head work could put the 5.0 in the 500hp range N/A while still meeting emission standards. I'm more interested in what SVT can do with an IRS, lighter-weight, stiffer chassis. The Boss is incredible for running a live axle, imagine a lighter version with IRS and 60hp more

What concerns me is the 2015 gt500 though. My car is going to be one slow POS when those hit the streets.
I was just being conservative with the 450bhp in a DI 5.0 GT; also the Boss is at that power level because of a forged motor, revised heads/cams, and a better intake manifold. I hope you're right about it dropping more than 200lbs, that would be huge for performance (acceleration, handling, stopping). The ultimate design and engine options of the 2015 will determine whether I buy it, or a lightly used 2013 GT when my WRX is paid off.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #59
Zaeroh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 120653
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bristow, VA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Sport Wagon
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

The 3.5l eco boost would be a great engine for this car. Don't know how much less it weighs than the coyote, with the Turbo plumbing and all but its an amazing engine. My flex with just a tune gained 60whp and with no other mods hauls my 4700+ lb brick to 60mph in 5 seconds. The thing has zero lag. If I didn't hear the bypass valve whine off throttle, I wouldn't be able to tell it was a Turbo. Its just monster torque from 1500rpm to 6k. I'm sure the auto tyranny and awd (haldex even) plays a big part but still. Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it, even loaded with wife, 2 kids and luggage. I can still get 25mpg on the highway and average 18 with mostly city driving. Imagine that in a car that weighs more than 1200 lbs less and lower ce.terms of gravity with far better Aero. I just think ford is scared to put it there because it would shame their v8, especially if they gave it the internals they put in for the f150 variant. I have the inferior sho/mk/flex version.

Last edited by Zaeroh; 05-14-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: typo
Zaeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #60
Vostok 7
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 30209
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Get a real car.
Vehicle:
Do you need to
read this in Braille?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaeroh View Post
The 3.5l eco boost would be a great engine for this car. Don't know how much less it weighs than the coyote, with the Turbo plumbing and all but its an amazing engine. My flex with just a tune gained 60whp and with no other mods hauls my 4700+ lb brick to 60mph in 5 seconds. The thing has zero lag. If I didn't hear the bypass valve whine off throttle, I wouldn't be able to tell it was a Turbo. Its just monster torque from 1500rpm to 6k. I'm sure the auto tyranny and awd (haldex even) plays a big part but still. Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it, even loaded with wife, 2 kids and luggage. I can still get 25mpg on the highway and average 18 with mostly city driving. Imagine that in a car that weighs more than 1200 lbs less and lower ce.terms of gravity with far better Aero. I just think ford is scared to put it there because it would shame their v8, especially if they gave it the internals they put in for the f150 variant. I have the inferior sho/mk/flex version.
Cannibalizing sales from the 5.0 is exactly the reason why I would be extremely surprised if they put an Ecoboost 6 in the Mustang, even with a DI performance boost on the V8.

However, I could see the Ecoboost 6 showing up as a special edition sometime down the road (probably to harken back to the older turbo Mustangs like the SVO).

It would have to be the F-150 Ecoboost 6 because the others are designed for traverse mounting.
Vostok 7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #61
Skunkers
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115480
Join Date: May 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Vehicle:
2002 RSX-S
Desert Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7 View Post
Cannibalizing sales from the 5.0 is exactly the reason why I would be extremely surprised if they put an Ecoboost 6 in the Mustang, even with a DI performance boost on the V8.

However, I could see the Ecoboost 6 showing up as a special edition sometime down the road (probably to harken back to the older turbo Mustangs like the SVO).

It would have to be the F-150 Ecoboost 6 because the others are designed for traverse mounting.
If the Ecoboot 4-cyl rumors are true, I could see room for it.
~275+hp base Ecoboost 4-cyl
360+hp SVO Ecoboost V6
480+hp GT DI V8
660+hp GT500/Cobra SC V8

The question is would they really do that rather than a NA V6 that can probably push 330hp?
Skunkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #62
design1stcode2nd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112178
Join Date: Apr 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7 View Post
Cannibalizing sales from the 5.0 is exactly the reason why I would be extremely surprised if they put an Ecoboost 6 in the Mustang, even with a DI performance boost on the V8.

However, I could see the Ecoboost 6 showing up as a special edition sometime down the road (probably to harken back to the older turbo Mustangs like the SVO).

It would have to be the F-150 Ecoboost 6 because the others are designed for traverse mounting.
I think they could find a place for an Ecoboost 6 in the Mustang lineup as long as they don't try to replace the 5.0. If I were to buy a Mustang part of the experience is hearing that V8.
design1stcode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #63
cmurphy2266
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247119
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Medway, MA
Vehicle:
2002 MX5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezzedwitsubies View Post
Some weight savings, more precise steering, and independant rear suspension will make the Mustang live up to the hype it's been receiving...Drove one for five days and really didn't think it was as good as it was made out to be. Fast though
Did you change the steering option? There are several settings. (comfort, normal, sport) I had a V6 rental with bad tires, and was really impressed.
cmurphy2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #64
Imprezzedwitsubies
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216116
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
09 Impreza 2.5I
14' Triumph America

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy2266

Did you change the steering option? There are several settings. (comfort, normal, sport) I had a V6 rental with bad tires, and was really impressed.
I didn't see that option anywhere, it was the base model GT and not the premium or whatever. The only thing i turned off was TC lol. I just feel like its am overhyped car. The V6 model you drove however, appears to be no joke, which is why you see more of them.
Imprezzedwitsubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #65
max_stirling
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44010
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Springfield, VA
Vehicle:
2004 Cayenne Turbo
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by design1stcode2nd View Post
I think they could find a place for an Ecoboost 6 in the Mustang lineup as long as they don't try to replace the 5.0. If I were to buy a Mustang part of the experience is hearing that V8.
I love the EcoBoost V6 and would love to see it in a Mustang. So far EB V6's have only been offered with AWD and that would make it all the more attractive. A totally new design direction could also mean a totally new look at what a modern muscle car should be.
max_stirling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #66
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality



This looks like the most realistic/probable rendering yet. Typical Mustang roofline etc., with a Fusion-inspired front. I think it looks good.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #67
sential
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105288
Join Date: Jan 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality



This looks like the most realistic/probable rendering yet. Typical Mustang roofline etc., with a Fusion-inspired front. I think it looks good.
Daaamn... Props to mr sibal... Looks very nice and very real... He has a history of portraying accurate renders
sential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
boostjuice
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 89492
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Windsor, CT
Vehicle:
2006 STi

Default

looks very Aston Martin-ish
boostjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #69
WRXHillClimb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206907
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Abq, NM
Vehicle:
2014 EvoX GSR
2005 S2000 Track Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjuice View Post
looks very Aston Martin-ish
I'd buy that ford in a heart beat. The funny thing is though, I used to absolutely HATE the mustang, but for the past 3 years or so (ever since they introduced the new v6 & v8) they have been really impressing me. All i want now is IRS. Weight off would be amazing, but I won't complain about 3400/3500 lbs. To keep the engine fresh and even more astounding, they could add DI to it .
WRXHillClimb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #70
DeadGeneration
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313753
Join Date: Mar 2012
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

looks like a cr-z
DeadGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #71
arf80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 125580
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North NJ
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5dr
OBP

Default

Same here, especially now with the EVO dying and the STI non competitive this is the new price/performance sweet spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXHillClimb View Post
I'd buy that ford in a heart beat. The funny thing is though, I used to absolutely HATE the mustang, but for the past 3 years or so (ever since they introduced the new v6 & v8) they have been really impressing me. All i want now is IRS. Weight off would be amazing, but I won't complain about 3400/3500 lbs. To keep the engine fresh and even more astounding, they could add DI to it .
arf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #72
a2cpc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10139
Join Date: Sep 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indy/Broad Ripple
Vehicle:
9&11 WRX 5Dr
DGM/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_stirling View Post
I love the EcoBoost V6 and would love to see it in a Mustang. So far EB V6's have only been offered with AWD and that would make it all the more attractive. A totally new design direction could also mean a totally new look at what a modern muscle car should be.
Wait are you wishing that they would put an AWD drivetrain 350hp Mustang? That would be a Middle age crazy dream car! And, you are right, that is what the modern muscle car should be.
a2cpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #73
DivineStrike
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 162037
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2007 VW GTI Black
2007 CBR600rr White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality



This looks like the most realistic/probable rendering yet. Typical Mustang roofline etc., with a Fusion-inspired front. I think it looks good.
I like it...it looks extremely angry ^_^
DivineStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #74
design1stcode2nd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112178
Join Date: Apr 2006
Default

Drop the Boss 5.0 in that and I’ll trade my STI in, the kids are old enough to climb in and buckle themselves anyway. Props to Mr. Sibal, awesome render.

Of course it won’t look nearly as good but one can hope.
design1stcode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #75
stewb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 154753
Join Date: Jul 2007
Vehicle:
2008 STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality



This looks like the most realistic/probable rendering yet. Typical Mustang roofline etc., with a Fusion-inspired front. I think it looks good.
It will look nowhere near that aggressive and therefore nowhere near that good.

Ford has transitioned from the pony car Mustang to a more modern offering before:

http://slickstang.com/Photos/1974/1974_mustang_hatchback_orange_001.jpg
stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 20 08-07-2011 01:42 PM
Rumormill: 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 25 06-05-2011 08:26 PM
New Braille Battery 2015 - $120 shipped psmBoXer Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 7 01-27-2006 02:02 PM
Wal-Mart Seeks to Double Truck Fuel Economy by 2015 FunkerVogt Political Playground 25 12-19-2005 03:44 PM
What will our Subie look like in 2015? wallew Off-Topic 44 07-10-2005 03:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.