Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > BRZ Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #26
jege41
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280754
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Port of entry

Hi
If I'm not mistaken the port of entry is Vancouver BC Canada. The cars are put on rail cars destined for storage facilities throughout North America where they are prepared, and dealer accessories are installed.
The distance between Vancouver and Austin Texas is 2500 miles by interstate Hwys.
Ironically I tracked my car a 2011 WRX from Vancouver where I live to my dealer in Austin and by the time they got it was more than 2 weeks from arriving in Vancouver. It's actually Richmond BC where they come in but it is still classified as The Port of Vancouver. I can see the giant multi level container ships arriving, and the cars being unloaded and parked
sometimes for weeks before being railed out. As a matter of fact I have seen some vehicles sit for a year or more before leaving.
I paid 10K that's right ten thousand dollars less buying my car in Texas than if I had of bought it from a dealer here in Vancouver, and that includes airfare , gas and hotels, GO FIGURE!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
well, all the west coast peeps are getting them several weeks before the east coast. That doesn't jive with the original messaging Subaru communicated- what you say, that there will be a certain allocation per dealership and the deliveries will be independent of eachother, delivered in the order that the orders were placed on a dealer by dealer basis. cars101.com explains it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jege41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jege41 View Post
If I'm not mistaken the port of entry is Vancouver BC Canada. The cars are put on rail cars destined for storage facilities throughout North America where they are prepared, and dealer accessories are installed.
The distance between Vancouver and Austin Texas is 2500 miles by interstate Hwys.
Ironically I tracked my car a 2011 WRX from Vancouver where I live to my dealer in Austin and by the time they got it was more than 2 weeks from arriving in Vancouver. It's actually Richmond BC where they come in but it is still classified as The Port of Vancouver. I can see the giant multi level container ships arriving, and the cars being unloaded and parked
sometimes for weeks before being railed out. As a matter of fact I have seen some vehicles sit for a year or more before leaving.
I paid 10K that's right ten thousand dollars less buying my car in Texas than if I had of bought it from a dealer here in Vancouver, and that includes airfare , gas and hotels, GO FIGURE!
You are mistaken. SOA uses two West Coast ports of entry: Vancouver, Washington and Richmond, California. Subaru's Richmond port facility, which opened late last year, handles Subarus destined for the Southwest and Northern California. About half the cars leave by truck and the other half leave by rail.

It's possible that Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) uses Vancouver, BC.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

Cocoa is correct- Vancouver, WA is the port of entry.
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
Opie
Floresbian
Moderator
 
Member#: 470
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Riverview, Florida - U.S.A.
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek Ltd

Default

Don't forget Baltimore and the new facility in Louisiana...
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
jege41
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280754
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Well I did say if i'm not mistaken and I guess I stand to be corrected.
Funny though as I'm sure Subaru USA told me my WRX was going through Vancouver BC, well maybe she said Vancouver, WA
jege41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #31
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Don't forget Baltimore and the new facility in Louisiana...
Baltimore is old news: http://mpa.maryland.gov/_media/clien...ComestoPOB.pdf. Please tell us more about Subaru's new Louisiana port facility. Links would be especially appreciated. Or a scan of a Monroney sticker that indicates that some Louisiana city was the port of entry.

Here's a link about SOA's new Richmond, CA, USA facility:
http://richmondconfidential.org/2011...ichmond-debut/

Last edited by Cocoa Beach Bum; 05-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #32
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

Got mine today.

here's a vid I made for the ft86club forum:

Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
tegulizard13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241922
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
RIP '02 WRX Stg. 2
WRB

Default

Congrats Tainen, it looks fun =)
tegulizard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: SE Mass/RI
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jege41 View Post
Hi
If I'm not mistaken the port of entry is Vancouver BC Canada. The cars are put on rail cars destined for storage facilities throughout North America where they are prepared, and dealer accessories are installed.
The distance between Vancouver and Austin Texas is 2500 miles by interstate Hwys.
Ironically I tracked my car a 2011 WRX from Vancouver where I live to my dealer in Austin and by the time they got it was more than 2 weeks from arriving in Vancouver. It's actually Richmond BC where they come in but it is still classified as The Port of Vancouver. I can see the giant multi level container ships arriving, and the cars being unloaded and parked
sometimes for weeks before being railed out. As a matter of fact I have seen some vehicles sit for a year or more before leaving.
I paid 10K that's right ten thousand dollars less buying my car in Texas than if I had of bought it from a dealer here in Vancouver, and that includes airfare , gas and hotels, GO FIGURE!
Also, Subaru New England has 2 ports, Charleston, RI and Boston, MA.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
bakadayo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 41230
Join Date: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Got mine today.
Congrats! Looks awesome. (Mini-)Review for the rest of us?
bakadayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #36
fukamoto
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 13339
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Albany, NY
Vehicle:
2014 SWP WRX Wagon
White

Default

Congrats Tianen! Great review. Your video made me glad I picked SWP but made me regret not pre-ordering the Limited. Looks sick! Hopefully I'll see you around PNW.
fukamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
Marco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Issaquah, WA - USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Got mine today.

here's a vid I made for the ft86club forum:

2013 Subaru BRZ SWP Manual Limited - YouTube
Congrats... I ordered mine in white as well and it seems like I made the right decision (I have always gotten red cars, but seeing a Maseratti Gran Turismo in white with dark wheels convinced me).

I drove through all dealerships over the weekend to see one and only Eastside had one on the showroom (already sold), they won't even open the car to see the inside.

Have fun, weather has been great for putting some miles on.

Cheers,
Marco
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Also, Subaru New England has 2 ports, Charleston, RI and Boston, MA.
You're confused.

Subarus destined for Subaru of New England enter via the Port of Davisville at the Quonset Business Park terminal in North Kingston, RI. Subarus destined for Subaru Distributors Corp. enter via the Port of Boston at Massport's Autoport terminal in Charlestown, MA.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

I'll post up a new thread with my first impressions.
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #40
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: SE Mass/RI
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Beach Bum View Post
You're confused.

Subarus destined for Subaru of New England enter via the Port of Davisville at the Quonset Business Park terminal in North Kingston, RI. Subarus destined for Subaru Distributors Corp. enter via the Port of Boston at Massport's Autoport terminal in Charlestown, MA.
Yes. Yes I am.

(There's a charlestown RI that my brain put in. )

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #41
Thongpocket
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248749
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limted
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

This is horse ****. I put my order in the day ordering opened. DGM limited 6 speed. I live in NC and my VON still says wait list. I am getting quite aggravated. If this thing isn't going to be here until late June I am gonna buy something else.
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #42
Meythl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310680
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Annapolis, MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thongpocket View Post
This is horse ****. I put my order in the day ordering opened. DGM limited 6 speed. I live in NC and my VON still says wait list. I am getting quite aggravated. If this thing isn't going to be here until late June I am gonna buy something else.
What was your order number at the dealership? How many cars are they getting? I'm #1 of 9 and I got an ETA of 5/31. If you aren't #1 at your dealership, I wouldn't expect you to get your car on the first boat.
Meythl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #43
Thongpocket
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248749
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limted
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

I was first. I think my dealer is getting 2. I guess I won't worry too much as it seems nobody in the South area has gotten a date yet.
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #44
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
2014 EVO GSR

Default

I think i like the FRS looks better. first thing i would do is swap the scion badges with toyota ones lol.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #45
Opie
Floresbian
Moderator
 
Member#: 470
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Riverview, Florida - U.S.A.
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek Ltd

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thongpocket View Post
I was first. I think my dealer is getting 2. I guess I won't worry too much as it seems nobody in the South area has gotten a date yet.
Uummmm....The south has been getting their dates...I've had my date (May 30th) & VIN since last week....my dealer is getting 16 (for the year) and has 4 being delivered on the 30th (for the first allocation), orders #1,2,4 & 6

Your dealer is getting 2 for the year or 2 for the first allocation? Are you sure they are getting any? Not all dealers are...

And from what we've heard...the DGM color had the least amount of vehicles available (by color) than the rest on this allocation. Our order #3 was a DGM and it got skipped over for this allocation.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #46
Thongpocket
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248749
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limted
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

My dealer claims to be getting two for the first allocation. They haven't been able to tell me anything. If I can't get one until fall I'm going to buy something else.
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #47
dariendrollinger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320489
Join Date: May 2012
Default Brz

I just got my Blue BRZ on Monday. Will be posting pictures soon! Maybe even tonight

Darien Drollinger

Last edited by Matt A; 05-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
dariendrollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #48
Opie
Floresbian
Moderator
 
Member#: 470
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Riverview, Florida - U.S.A.
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek Ltd

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thongpocket View Post
My dealer claims to be getting two for the first allocation. They haven't been able to tell me anything. If I can't get one until fall I'm going to buy something else.
Tell them to go on their Subarunet, pick "Vehicle" from the left menubar, then select "Pipeline/Order Status", Choose "BRZ" in the Carline field and "All" in the Status field then hit the "Search" button. It will list all of their active BRZ orders and their status, if they are getting 2 on the first allocation they will already have the VIN's and expected dates for those 2 as they were all entered 2 weeks ago. Have them print the screen and show you the status...something isn't adding up.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #49
Thongpocket
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248749
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limted
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Tell them to go on their Subarunet, pick "Vehicle" from the left menubar, then select "Pipeline/Order Status", Choose "BRZ" in the Carline field and "All" in the Status field then hit the "Search" button. It will list all of their active BRZ orders and their status, if they are getting 2 on the first allocation they will already have the VIN's and expected dates for those 2 as they were all entered 2 weeks ago. Have them print the screen and show you the status...something isn't adding up.
They told me I show as wait list as well as the other guy getting one. Is it possible they aren't getting any the first allocation and they lied to me? When are the next ones coming?
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #50
dariendrollinger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320489
Join Date: May 2012
Default Pictures

Here are a couple photos I took of my brz the other day... Just thought I'd share. More to come! And I'll be posting some videos soon.







Darien

Last edited by Matt A; 05-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
dariendrollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru BRZ STI Concept to be shown at upcoming LA Auto Show Nick NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls 332 08-02-2012 01:11 PM
Toyota 86/BRZ video. Questions to be asked! Kevin6t9 General Community 5 04-01-2012 04:09 PM
How many threads about "when Nasioc was down" are going to be started O2-GGA Off-Topic 15 10-21-2010 09:30 PM
2011 STi Limited soon to be delivered! oscarmayer Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 13 07-22-2010 01:05 PM
My soon to be delivered MY03 WRX Bart's Impreza World Member's Car Gallery 10 02-23-2003 12:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.