Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Noobie View Post
Welp, I just notice while getting into my car this afternoon that I also have the squeaky seat syndrome. Well, it actually sounds more like a moaning noise when I lean back on the upper part of the seat. Just another annoying noise to add to the collection lol
i have on occasion heard something when i get out of the chair, but it doesn't make a sound when i drive the car, so i'm ok with it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #27
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I didnt bother to mention the rattles. But after two attempts and with 5 mins left till closing, I finally replicated the squeak and hve a new seatback coming!!
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #28
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour
I didnt bother to mention the rattles. But after two attempts and with 5 mins left till closing, I finally replicated the squeak and hve a new seatback coming!!
Yay! Congrats! Hopefully they wont take too long to get it in.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

They said next week. They're going to give me another loaner and repair that seat back. I'm also going to inquire about any possible TSB's.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

I took a left turn this morning a bit harder than usual, right after that – new squeak – somewhere in the middle of the dash. I wonder if I should now take a hard right turn to fix it. LOL.

I am coming from Suzuki Kizashi, that car was very quiet and refined, although it is 275 lbs. heavier.
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
I took a left turn this morning a bit harder than usual, right after that new squeak somewhere in the middle of the dash. I wonder if I should now take a hard right turn to fix it. LOL.

I am coming from Suzuki Kizashi, that car was very quiet and refined, although it is 275 lbs. heavier.
great to hear a good story of Suzuki. my friend had a Suzuki sidekick many years ago...great car except that it rattled like crazy to my ears (never complained to my friend, but i was something that i noticed immediately)
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #32
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
I am coming from Suzuki Kizashi, that car was very quiet and refined, although it is 275 lbs. heavier.
Can I ask why you got rid of the Kizashi? That was one of the cars that I was heavily researching before I bought the Impreza. Seems like a really nice car and the available AWD is a plus. The biggest reason I didn't get one is because there are no Suzuki dealerships near me.
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #33
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

For those that have a rattle in the speaker mesh panel, I would also check the A-pillar cover as well. Pushing down on the speaker mesh panel will also put pressure on the A-pillar cover tabs, so try tweaking that as well. Just a thought.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #34
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye
For those that have a rattle in the speaker mesh panel, I would also check the A-pillar cover as well. Pushing down on the speaker mesh panel will also put pressure on the A-pillar cover tabs, so try tweaking that as well. Just a thought.
Interesting. I'll have to try that the next time I encounter it. I definitely have a buzz/rattle that goes away if I apply pressure to the driver side tweeter panel.

First time ever today that it persisted for a while(5min...usually 30 s ordeal) but oddly enough, I stopped into a supermarket for 10 minutes and when I came out, it was gone. This is early eve with sun still out, so didn't appear to be temp related. I definitely want to play with under the tweeter panel when I get around to that upgrade.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #35
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Noobie

Can I ask why you got rid of the Kizashi? That was one of the cars that I was heavily researching before I bought the Impreza. Seems like a really nice car and the available AWD is a plus. The biggest reason I didn't get one is because there are no Suzuki dealerships near me.
Some guy hit me and totalled the Kizashi. There was nothing wrong with the car. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

The main reason I did not get another one is my local dealer who stopped selling Suzuki.

Suzuki themselves also baffled me by suddenly stopping all advertising. What are they doing?
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

I bought the Impreza on a whim. I spent half a day at a Chevy dealership trying to pick a Cruze with right options and without crooked panels.

Then I stopped at a Subaru dealership, saw a car on which doors were fitting right, got happy, and bought it. LOL
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #37
Commander Keen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319157
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT

Default

Quote:
I bought the Impreza on a whim. I spent half a day at a Chevy dealership trying to pick a Cruze with right options and without crooked panels.
I didn't even consider GM, due to government ownership, but I thought the Cobalt was supposed to be the end of such shoddiness.

One thing quiet luxury cars have that the Impreza doesn't is cloth-wrapped wiring. Electrical tape wrapped harnesses can rattle and squeak over time.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject
Some guy hit me and totalled the Kizashi. There was nothing wrong with the car. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

The main reason I did not get another one is my local dealer who stopped selling Suzuki.

Suzuki themselves also baffled me by suddenly stopping all advertising. What are they doing?
Last I heard, Suzuki is getting out of the US. Read it on autoblog a few weeks back.
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
carlvr87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311179
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philadelphia
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

We actually have Suzuki at my work and believe it or not the SX4 is the best seller for us as far as Suzuki's go. I've driven Kizashi's many times and they are great cars. The only problems are the gas mileage and the size. They are somewhat smaller than midsize cars but cost the same price. The dash is very soft, it's comfortable, has Lexus ES like gauges, the rockford fosgate radio sounds awesome, and the knobs for the radio and dual climate feel so well made. Suzuki is not pulling out of the US. They will be shuffling their line-up soon though.

I jynxed myself the other day. I guess the Michigan roads wound up doing me in. I have a creak in the right speaker mesh, a rattle in the drivers seat, and an annoying creak when the interior is hot that comes from the right size of the plastic over the display for the trip/clock/temp. I banged hard on it and it seemed to have fixed. I notice none of these when the car comes out of the garage in the morning. Either way I still love the car. I've owned quite a few new cars within the past couple years and I've learned it's mostly the cheap plastic because they have all creaked or squeeked, some worse than others. My 2011 Sonata was horrible and almost every part of that interior had a creak and/or rattle.

I still love my Impreza either way and I'll get these looked at when it goes in for an oil change.
carlvr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #40
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlvr87 View Post
We actually have Suzuki at my work and believe it or not the SX4 is the best seller for us as far as Suzuki's go. I've driven Kizashi's many times and they are great cars. The only problems are the gas mileage and the size. They are somewhat smaller than midsize cars but cost the same price. The dash is very soft, it's comfortable, has Lexus ES like gauges, the rockford fosgate radio sounds awesome, and the knobs for the radio and dual climate feel so well made. Suzuki is not pulling out of the US. They will be shuffling their line-up soon though.

I jynxed myself the other day. I guess the Michigan roads wound up doing me in. I have a creak in the right speaker mesh, a rattle in the drivers seat, and an annoying creak when the interior is hot that comes from the right size of the plastic over the display for the trip/clock/temp. I banged hard on it and it seemed to have fixed. I notice none of these when the car comes out of the garage in the morning. Either way I still love the car. I've owned quite a few new cars within the past couple years and I've learned it's mostly the cheap plastic because they have all creaked or squeeked, some worse than others. My 2011 Sonata was horrible and almost every part of that interior had a creak and/or rattle.

I still love my Impreza either way and I'll get these looked at when it goes in for an oil change.
let us know your success (or failure) at the dealer with respect to the rattles/creaks. if i had something repeatable, i'd at least have some confidence that the dealer would at least look at it for me. but since they are intermittent, i think it's harder to chase.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #41
carlvr87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311179
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philadelphia
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Will do! My dealer is excellent so I'll have them take a look and see if they can find/fix them.

I was just out and not a creak or squeak to be heard. On other cars the creaks/rattles would be worse in the cold. This appears to be worse in the heat.
carlvr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default A pillar rattles

So, this afternoon, my Kicker tweeters arrived and i got to investigate the intermittent rattle that i could stop by pressing down on the speaker grill.'

as STEye suggested, as it turns out the rattle i hear, i think from both sides, is indeed play that exists in the A pillar trim, and it's not the speaker grill at all!

i didn't have time to play much with it, but does anyone (STEye?) have any suggestions on how to mitigate that play and replicate the "snugness" of applying pressure on the speaker grill?one thing (which is unsightly) is to cram something between the a pillar and the windshield. by sticking my finger in there, i could snug things up.

it's not clear to me how to remove the A-pillar (not sure i want to do this) in order to perhaps beef up the backside and eliminate the slop that exists.

anyway, no solution here yet. i'm sort of surprised it doesn't rattle more often given how much play there is, but it seems i need the right temperature and road to get it going. let's hope i didn't make it worse after installing those tweeters.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #43
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsub View Post
So, this afternoon, my Kicker tweeters arrived and i got to investigate the intermittent rattle that i could stop by pressing down on the speaker grill.'

as STEye suggested, as it turns out the rattle i hear, i think from both sides, is indeed play that exists in the A pillar trim, and it's not the speaker grill at all!

i didn't have time to play much with it, but does anyone (STEye?) have any suggestions on how to mitigate that play and replicate the "snugness" of applying pressure on the speaker grill?one thing (which is unsightly) is to cram something between the a pillar and the windshield. by sticking my finger in there, i could snug things up.

it's not clear to me how to remove the A-pillar (not sure i want to do this) in order to perhaps beef up the backside and eliminate the slop that exists.

anyway, no solution here yet. i'm sort of surprised it doesn't rattle more often given how much play there is, but it seems i need the right temperature and road to get it going. let's hope i didn't make it worse after installing those tweeters.
Is the rattle coming from the lower section of the A-pillar? I would try pushing it in a down and outwards fashion to see if some pressure can help it stabilize. You can always try taking off the grill and putting some foam tape where the tab is on the lower section of the A-pillar.

Instructions on how to remove the A-pillar plastic, keep in mind you need to remove the rubber molding to get it back on:

ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #44
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye
Is the rattle coming from the lower section of the A-pillar? I would try pushing it in a down and outwards fashion to see if some pressure can help it stabilize. You can always try taking off the grill and putting some foam tape where the tab is on the lower section of the A-pillar.

Instructions on how to remove the A-pillar plastic, keep in mind you need to remove the rubber molding to get it back on:
Thx for the thoughts. I can't be 100 % sure, but I think it's the lower pillar. I like the foam tape idea. As for the whole trim, i don't like the idea of mucking around too much in the vicinity of the airbag. Of course, I went to dinner after making that post and no rattling. Really strange given how much play there is, but I'm not complaining. This rattle is very episodic. If it becomes more frequent I may give the foam tape a shot as well as pushing it as you suggest. (although that hasn't helped my other rattle near the steering colmn yet: although it has been getting less frequent so maybe it is slowly working.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #45
sager
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309315
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: North of Seattle
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

I too have found that the forward edge of the A-pillar trim (the triangular pointed part nearest the windscreen) is the culprit for me. The passenger side was noticed first and now the driver's side. Pushing on them while driving are definitive in stopping the buzzy noise. To help address the buzzes, I have used some thick felt pads that were originally for the feet of tables and chairs. (Past cars have used some black cloth tape). I have one felt pad jammed in between the windscreen and the edge of the A-pillar cover a few inches above the dash plane which seems to work, if a bit unsightly. For the passenger side, I removed the speaker grill and attempted to address by folding and stuffing some of the aforementioned felt in near the front of the A-pillar clip which is exposed once you remove the grill. So far so good, but I have yet to make my weekly trip down into Seattle's terrible surface streets, which will be the true test.

I am also considering spraying undercoating on the wheel wells to help damp some road noise from stones, water and general rushing air from the wheels of my Sport Ltd. That has been one of my biggest disappointments of the car - the amount of road noise on our rutted concrete streets (I-5 through Seattle, I am looking at you!). I look forward to the day when I can change tires to something much quieter. Anyway - glad to find this interior rattle thread. I will be a regular visitor / poster as I cannot abide interior rattles. Drive me crazy.

Last edited by sager; 05-30-2012 at 11:24 AM.
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #46
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager View Post
I too have found that the forward edge of the A-pillar trim (the triangular pointed part nearest the windscreen) is the culprit for me. The passenger side was noticed first and now the driver's side. Pushing on them while driving are definitive in stopping the buzzy noise. To help address the buzzes, I have used some thick felt pads that were originally for the feet of tables and chairs. (Past cars have used some black cloth tape). I have one felt pad jammed in between the windscreen and the edge of the A-pillar cover a few inches above the dash plane which seems to work, if a bit unsightly. For the passenger side, I removed the speaker grill and attempted to address by folding and stuffing some of the aforementioned felt in near the front of the A-pillar clip which is exposed once you remove the grill. So far so good, but I have yet to make my weekly trip down into Seattle's terrible surface streets, which will be the true test.

I am also considering spraying undercoating on the wheel wells to help damp some road noise from stones, water and general rushing air from the wheels of my Sport Ltd. That has been one of my biggest disappointments of the car - the amount of road noise on our rutted concrete streets (I-5 through Seattle, I am looking at you!). I look forward to the day when I can change tires to something much quieter. Anyway - glad to find this interior rattle thread. I will be a regular visitor / poster as I cannot abide interior rattles. Drive me crazy.
thanks for the tips on quieting the a-pillar. i haven't had time to delve into it as this is a intermittent rattle (not there 95% of the time), but i'd like to take care of it since i know exactly where it coming from. i like the felt pad suggestion. i may trying doing that but cut them down small enough so that it is isn't visible from the inside of the car. (probably not the outside of the car as that is probably behind the black "trim" of opaque glass)

now, if i can figure out my other two rattles, i'd be set:

- steering column: less prominent these days for whatever reason so i'm more happy about the car in general!

- what i keep thinking is from the passenger head rest but no matter how i hold the rest while driving (i know, not terribly safe), i can't quell it....so maybe it's inside the head rest or somewhere on the B pillar area.
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #47
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I'm considering the careful application of undercoating(s) to various areas. The spare tire well, the wheel wells, possibly some other places. Stinger used to make a spray called RoadKill that was awesome stuff.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #48
sager
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309315
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: North of Seattle
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsub View Post
thanks for the tips on quieting the a-pillar. i haven't had time to delve into it as this is a intermittent rattle (not there 95% of the time), but i'd like to take care of it since i know exactly where it coming from. i like the felt pad suggestion. i may trying doing that but cut them down small enough so that it is isn't visible from the inside of the car. (probably not the outside of the car as that is probably behind the black "trim" of opaque glass)

now, if i can figure out my other two rattles, i'd be set:

- steering column: less prominent these days for whatever reason so i'm more happy about the car in general!

- what i keep thinking is from the passenger head rest but no matter how i hold the rest while driving (i know, not terribly safe), i can't quell it....so maybe it's inside the head rest or somewhere on the B pillar area.

Yea, I will trim the felt pad if it works, or possibly remove the driver's side speaker grill to replicate the passenger side, if that fix works.

I will say that on our 2003 Legacy, there was a nasty buzzy rattle from under the steering column. I finally traced it and put in some cloth tape and it never came back. So take heart - steering column rattles can be fixed! That was a relatively quiet interior afterward, one of the car's (few) redeeming qualities. I didn't like the agricultural sound of the EJ25 engine. Our FB20, while not especially quiet, is much more refined sounding.

Back on topic, I think I have heard the intermittent passenger seat noise you refer to - I was wondering if if was the position of the seat belt latch hanging on the seat belt if there is no passenger. I have tried moving the headrest to various positions, but to no obvious effect. Being an intermittent problem, it's difficult to trace. I wish I had a shaker table and an oscilloscope!

Last edited by sager; 05-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #49
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager View Post
Yea, I will trim the felt pad if it works, or possibly remove the driver's side speaker grill to replicate the passenger side, if that fix works.

I will say that on our 2003 Legacy, there was a nasty buzzy rattle from under the steering column. I finally traced it and put in some cloth tape and it never came back. So take heart - steering column rattles can be fixed! That was a relatively quiet interior afterward, one of the car's (few) redeeming qualities. I didn't like the agricultural sound of the EJ25 engine. Our FB20, while not especially quiet, is much more refined sounding.

Back on topic, I think I have heard the intermittent passenger seat noise you refer to - I was wondering if if was the position of the seat belt latch hanging on the seat belt if there is no passenger. I have tried moving the headrest to various positions, but to no obvious effect. Being an intermittent problem, it's difficult to trace. I wish I had a shaker table and an oscilloscope!
please report back on whether you have success with either or both of those A-pillar fixes. (if the fix in the speaker cover works, can you perhaps snap a picture? did you stick it "under" the white clip to prop it up some more?)

as for my other two rattles:

- the steering column one is not the column itself. i can actually stop it by pinching the knee airbag panel and the one above it togetehr with my hand. it has gone from being there when the car is "cold" overnight in the garage, to only being there at some intermediate temperature after being parked in the shade or having cooled somewhat in the early evening hours. it is never there if the car has been in the sun. because it has shifted its behavior, i rarely encounter it (i used to encounter it every morning on the way to the train station).

- the seat rattle one is a real puzzle to me. i don't think it's the belt either as it's there when my wife is sitting in the seat, and i've tried buckling the belt too when nobody is sitting there. i have one suspicion based on a rattle i had in my old car: could it be the "roof rack clip" on the outside of the car? (i have a limited hatchback)...that clip seemed a little looser than the others when i played with it while washing the car this weekend. one thing i would love to try but i couldn't figure out based on inspection: i'd like to remove the front headrest to rule it out entirely. but when i yank up, there is some sort of locking mechanism that keeps it from coming completely out. if someone knows how to release it, let me know.

(btw, the seat rattle does not exist when the car has been in the sun for a while)
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #50
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

sager - any updates?

i'm ready to investigate this pillar issue. i took a 3 day trip with my wife this weekend. for the most part, the car was dead silent but on certain roads, those A pillars went nuts. i'm debating on how to best handle this rattle. i guess a quick fix will be to duplicate the windshield stuffing trick with a wad of paper or cardboard to see if that isolates it.

my concern/question is what is most effective. it seems that i can get rid of my issue by pushing down on the speaker panel which means it actually pulls the pillar down from the windshield. i wonder if there is some way to accomplish that motion or is merely cushioning in the "opposing direction" sufficient and the best course of action since that is what is causing the sound?

when the rattles are not there, i'm so satisfied with this car...but when they get going it really gets on my nerves and detracts from the experience of owning this car (my 12+ year old Honda didn't rattle like this one does)
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza thread A_Pointy_Rock Impreza Forum 25345 Today 10:12 AM
('11-'14) 2012 Impreza Owners - MPG Thread! Rdizzle Impreza Forum 5570 03-23-2015 11:33 PM
2012 Impreza 2.0i Gas Mileage Thread Benchmark General Community 934 10-08-2013 02:49 PM
2012 Impreza cabin rattles Bsmitty5913 General Community 14 05-05-2012 09:52 PM
FS : Thule Baserack/locks/bike carriers. 08+ Imprezas (and others!) Redneck Ricer NESIC Private Classifieds 4 08-07-2011 11:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.