Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 28, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #3326
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
The oil consumption issue is an issue - it is allowed by many car manufacturers in their disclaimers - not right IMHO; but that is the fact. If the oil burn is at the bottom or even close to the bottom of the disclaimer, then that, IMHO, is totally wrong; however, the dealer is "crippled" from providing assistance because the manufacturer will not "chip in". I believe everyone on this "board" fully understands the consequences of an "oil burner" and your points are "taken" even though your use of English is a bit poor - might be better stated in French and then we can "Google" to English (seems more a rant than anything else). Have to agree with ST Eye as he/she is more coherent...

G-
I didnt find it very hard to read. The guys first language is french. I dont wanna have to google translate to read it...
And no one has to take SOA's dismissal lying down. If people let a company know they aren't happy, then *maybe*changes will be made. not voicing your dissatisfaction certainly wont alert soa to a problem.
Just because the kool-aid is being passed around doesnt mean some of us aren't smarter than to drink it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 79letour; 04-08-2013 at 10:54 AM.
79letour is offline  
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #3327
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
I didnt find it very hard to read. The guys first language is french. I dont wanna have to google translate to read it...
And no one has to take SOA's dismissal lying down. If people let a company know they aren't happy, then *maybe*changes will be made. not voicing your dissatisfaction certainly wont alert soa to a problem.
Just because the kool-aid is being passed around doesnt mean some of us aren't smarter than to drink it.
And what you are doing to voice your dis-satisfaction? Have you done a consumption test and gotten the results that you can go to SOA with? You certainly have every right to talk to SOA with your consumption levels post test, but I would not expect them to change corporate policy for you.

Who is drinking the Kool-aid? We are not denying the problem, nor are we not expecting engines to be fixed. You're the one drinking the Kool-aid, as you think complaining in a thread is going to get policies changed. Make a move, get some hard data and go to SOA.

Last edited by ST Eye; 04-08-2013 at 01:04 PM.
ST Eye is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #3328
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
And what you are doing to voice your dis-satisfaction? Have you done a consumption test and gotten the results that you can go to SOA with? You certainly have every right to talk to SOA with your consumption levels post test, but I would not expect them to change corporate policy for you.

Who is drinking the Kool-aid? We are not denying the problem, nor are we not expecting engines to be fixed. You're the one drinking the Kool-aid, as you think complaining in a thread is going to get policies changed. Make a move, get some hard data and go to SOA.
Man- you tried to turn that on me?
All I did was defend a guy for getting flamed for being from a french-speaking part of North America. He does live there.
And ST- whatever your motivations, you come across as very bossy and you act like you don't know things that you clearly are aware of. The consumption test- thats going to be done at my last free dealer service, and since I have $45+ in what oil is in there, driving an hour and a half when I should be working just doesnt appeal to me. SOA has had multiple chances to look at/fix the car, and I'm giving them a final shot this next time.
Do I expect them to change policies for little old me? Absolutely not. But why would you begrudge me for encouraging oil burners to voice their dissatisfaction of oil consumption on a brand new car. Thats normal and rational, despite what you people passing out the kool-aid say.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #3329
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Man- you tried to turn that on me?
All I did was defend a guy for getting flamed for being from a french-speaking part of North America. He does live there.
And ST- whatever your motivations, you come across as very bossy and you act like you don't know things that you clearly are aware of. The consumption test- thats going to be done at my last free dealer service, and since I have $45+ in what oil is in there, driving an hour and a half when I should be working just doesnt appeal to me. SOA has had multiple chances to look at/fix the car, and I'm giving them a final shot this next time.
Do I expect them to change policies for little old me? Absolutely not. But why would you begrudge me for encouraging oil burners to voice their dissatisfaction of oil consumption on a brand new car. Thats normal and rational, despite what you people passing out the kool-aid say.
I wasn't saying anything about the Canadian Impreza owner. I was able to understand him and I wasn't talking about that at all. I have no motivations at all 79, I was referring to your statements after that. I don't know your schedule for getting the test done, I just recall that you were going to get it done sometime. I was simply stating a fact for voicing your dissatisfaction would be prudent to have hard facts (results). You say that you're going to give them a final shot to fix your car? And then what? You are at their mercy, keep that in mind (whether your or I like it or not).

I don't begrudge you for voicing your concerns, I would do it myself. However I am simply saying that I wouldn't have high expectations for them doing anything about it if you don't meet their threshold. My point is also for people (all that consume a ton of oil) to go get the test done and have the data to then go to Subaru. I have only heard of a few people that have so far. People need to do that instead of just talking about it in a forum thread. As your buddy Zeeper mentioned (IIRC), you need to organize a group of people that consumes oil, have a list to show that it is a problem.

Do you get what I'm saying?
ST Eye is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #3330
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

ST Eye: so what you are saying is that 79 and the others should get proof as to the extent and maybe cause of the oil loss problem instead of jumping to conclusions?

That makes perfect sense and will be completely ignored or marked as a terrible idea.
auskip07 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #3331
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskip07 View Post
ST Eye: so what you are saying is that 79 and the others should get proof as to the extent and maybe cause of the oil loss problem instead of jumping to conclusions?

That makes perfect sense and will be completely ignored or marked as a terrible idea.
Not necessarily to prove there is an issue because I believe that a decent number of cars are consuming oil at a higher than normal rate, it would simply have more clout when confronting Subaru with the issue. It is too easy for any company to dismiss a problem when you're just one person. But yeah the extent and cause would be helpful to know as well.
ST Eye is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #3332
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I'm not sure what you guys are trying to say. I have had this thread going and could easily count and organize with the other oil burners but its all buried in the 79 attack campaign.
I pm'ed peole early on and none of the otjer oil burners were interested in sharing personal ingo or even starting a "registry".
If I start a "only if you burn oil" thread, would you non oil burners stay out?
We all know the answer to that one.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #3333
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

We have the oil consumption poll. It hovers in the 14-17% oil burner range. On an enthusiast site that you have to post a whole lot in to even vote.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #3334
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

14-17% (and you hint that it may be higher, because not everyone can vote there?)

Are you seriously suggesting that 12,000-15,000 out of the 85,000 redesigned imprezas on the road are oil burners?

There is no need to exaggerate, certainly there are cars burning oil, but perhaps the poll you are referring to is not that reliable?

PS: You could start your own website where you can control who posts if you don't like people responding to you here, because I don't recall seeing your name as the forum owner/moderator when I signed up.
Zeeper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #3335
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Wow another proverbial pot calling the kettle black statement by the ultimate forum troll.
How am I exaggerating if I quote a poll and state a fact that newbies and "googlers"cant vote?
I dont want a website, and youre the crybaby who wishes he was a mod.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #3336
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

And another thing- earlier you ised the poll as evidence that YOUR agument was right, until it had more than a couple "unique individuals".
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #3337
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
And another thing- earlier you ised the poll as evidence that YOUR agument was right, until it had more than a couple "unique individuals".
Actually, what I probably said was there were very few people responding to the poll either way, which is true (especially if you believe those few individuals are the tip of an iceberg of 12,000 other owners...)

Where are they all? The 99% who don't know how to google, and don't care to complain online about the Consumer Reports and SOA coverup of the huge issue of oil consumption affecting tens of thousands of the new Imprezas?

It is ok not to exaggerate, it makes you look foolish, you can complain, and work on getting your car fixed, without resorting to conspiracy theories.

By the way, how is your campaign to discredit Consumer Reports working out?
Zeeper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #3338
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Not as well as your flame-79, but thats not what its about. when numbers dont work in yoyr favor you start slinging more mud and insulting...
And trust me- from the PM's I get, most think youre the one who looks foolish, as you have no logical reason to keep this up the way you do.
Youre coming across as a Rove wannabe, nerdy self-righteous troll.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3339
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

What is your source for the 14%-17% and what is the name of the other forum? No facts, no credibility and what's with the Rove thing? Are you a Rove clone, gonnabe or just a wannabe?
G-Omaha is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #3340
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Wow you are really lazy or just stupidly obvious in your smear attempt. brb link to dig up for lazy people...
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #3341
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #3342
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
What is your source for the 14%-17% and what is the name of the other forum? No facts, no credibility and what's with the Rove thing? Are you a Rove clone, gonnabe or just a wannabe?
The POLL YOU VOTED IN, IN THE THREAD YOU POSTED IN. Your last post was on page 3 of said thread.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9#post39552079
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #3343
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

In other news: will be monitoring the red severe service nyc imp for summer consumption.
In winter she drank a respectible .3/.4 qts of oil every 4k with a 5qt oil change fill.
I am curious to see how heat, plus stop and go, humidity and nyc make her guzzle oil.
aeoporta is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #3344
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
What is your source for the 14%-17% and what is the name of the other forum? No facts, no credibility and what's with the Rove thing? Are you a Rove clone, gonnabe or just a wannabe?
About 100 responses, 85,000 Impreza's on the road...

Is a .12% response rate really something that you want to base a conspiracy theory around?

Last edited by Zeeper; 04-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Zeeper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #3345
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Not as well as your flame-79, but thats not what its about. when numbers dont work in yoyr favor you start slinging more mud and insulting...
And trust me- from the PM's I get, most think youre the one who looks foolish, as you have no logical reason to keep this up the way you do.
Youre coming across as a Rove wannabe, nerdy self-righteous troll.
Anyone PM'ing you and jumping on the conspiracy theory wagon,

To paraphrase it "Consumer Reports is hiding their knowledge about an oil consumption issue with the new Impreza, that they discovered in their test car, and decided to endorse it as a top pick, for a second year in a row, despite their knowlege of the widespread problem, to help cover their axx for endorsing it originally"

Isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, if you get my drift...
Zeeper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #3346
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
About 100 responses, 85,000 Impreza's on the road...

Is a .12% response rate something really what you want to base a conspiracy theory around?
Your cheezy use of the terminology "conspiracy theory" is just a lame debate maneuver. A catch-phrase to polarize the argument and paint you opponent in a light that takes the observer away from thr subject.
Its not a goddamned theory- cupcake...
On an enthusiast site where googlers and noobs cant vote,way over ten percent indicate excessive consumption. put that in your pipe and smoke it, or shove it up your ass for all I care you freakin weirdo!
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #3347
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Anyone PM'ing you and jumping on the conspiracy theory wagon,

To paraphrase it "Consumer Reports is hiding their knowledge about an oil consumption issue with the new Impreza, that they discovered in their test car, and decided to endorse it as a top pick, for a second year in a row, despite their knowlege of the widespread problem, to help cover their axx for endorsing it originally"

Isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, if you get my drift...
People PM me not to jump on a bandwagon. you soa reps or rep wannabes ARE the goddamned bandwagon- the bash the whistleblower wagon. what are your motives here Mr Rove?
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #3348
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

If I'm so stupid and crazy as you love to say- why is your FULLTIME hobby or whatever you call it, pissing on me? I don't go into threads and make my lifetime occupation arguing with the op if I don't like what he or she says. You've more than voiced your opinion and you even say to organize. Well F-off and let us, loser.
79letour is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #3349
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Open forum, no need to resort to ad hominem attacks. Write about your ideas, and I will write about mine.

PS. It would help your case if your youtube links didn't include other conspiracy theory videos...

I know from that you are no stranger to the conspiracy theory bandwagon.
Zeeper is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #3350
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
And another thing- earlier you ised the poll as evidence that YOUR agument was right, until it had more than a couple "unique individuals".
No, not really. You are not understanding what you read.

Reading comprehension would probably help you in your adult life in other arenas outside of this forum.
Zeeper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any DIY independent fog lights write ups yet for 2012 impreza sports? JDMSTA Electrical & Lighting 59 07-21-2013 08:04 AM
2012 Impreza 2.0i Mobil1 oil filter model # jr0bb5 Service & Maintenance 27 01-04-2013 05:18 PM
('11-'14) OC interval and the first oil change on 2012 Impreza 2.0 Oceanguy Impreza Forum 80 11-18-2012 12:56 PM
My Oil Light is Flickering and I have No Leak??? kakarotoni Newbies & FAQs 39 08-16-2012 10:36 AM
('11-'14) 2012 Impreza High beams = Low beams lighting Jmzda Impreza Forum 28 06-01-2012 12:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.