Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 31, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #1501
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

There better be an 80" HDTV on the wall to watch football while working on the car...LOL
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #1502
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
There better be an 80" HDTV on the wall to watch football while working on the car...LOL
And a kegerator...haha! I don't know if I'll get approval from the wife on those...
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #1503
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

PROJECTOR! ooooohhhh projector.

awww kegerator sounds like a brilliant idea, i'd settle for a dedicated beer and bratwurst fridge though.
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #1504
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
PROJECTOR! ooooohhhh projector.

awww kegerator sounds like a brilliant idea, i'd settle for a dedicated beer and bratwurst fridge though.
Homebrew setup...
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #1505
czum09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336078
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

I'm guessing, AMG or IS300
czum09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #1506
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

I am going to have just a little bit more fun with this car first. One more thing in the works.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #1507
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
I am going to have just a little bit more fun with this car first. One more thing in the works.


besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1508
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

suit up bitches.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #1509
Ultimateone
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48025
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: By the Ocean, MA
Vehicle:
15 Mustang EB
Black

Default

Haha

1234
Ultimateone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #1510
12STiLimited
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326690
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern, IL
Vehicle:
2012 STi Limited
Ice Silver

Default

Take a peek at the new Merc CLA 45 AMG Turbo 4 355 HP 4 door sedan awd and priced about the same as a fully loaded STI limited. And your Garage is beautiful wish I was able to put some lifts in mine but can't.
12STiLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #1511
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12STiLimited View Post
Take a peek at the new Merc CLA 45 AMG Turbo 4 355 HP 4 door sedan awd and priced about the same as a fully loaded STI limited. And your Garage is beautiful wish I was able to put some lifts in mine but can't.
Thanks. We started the process in January so we are ready to get in. Damn rainy summer.

Not enough power.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #1512
12STiLimited
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326690
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern, IL
Vehicle:
2012 STi Limited
Ice Silver

Default

No problem and I hear you on the power Lol. If I were you I'd look at like where you live ( don't know where you do) and for me when I'm buying a car I live North of Chicago so I always want to buy something with awd and I love Subaru owned 9 total so that's why I went with an STI but it personal preference. Just comes down to what your going to use it for like a sedan wagon etc. Good luck with the hunt and the home building one can be a pain I know from experience Lol
12STiLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #1513
betterthansx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Central Ontario
Vehicle:
07' Mazdaspeed3
Cosmic Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12STiLimited View Post
Take a peek at the new Merc CLA 45 AMG Turbo 4 355 HP 4 door sedan awd and priced about the same as a fully loaded STI limited. And your Garage is beautiful wish I was able to put some lifts in mine but can't.
I have heard some pretty bad things about the CLA45 AMG. Apparently it isn't nearly as nice to drive as the A45 AMG. It is a great looking car however. I am excited to see them
betterthansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1514
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthansx View Post
I have heard some pretty bad things about the CLA45 AMG. Apparently it isn't nearly as nice to drive as the A45 AMG. It is a great looking car however. I am excited to see them
I have heard the exact same thing actually. The CLA looks like an awesome car for the money but the AMG variant leaves a lot to be desired to carry the AMG name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12STiLimited View Post
No problem and I hear you on the power Lol. If I were you I'd look at like where you live ( don't know where you do) and for me when I'm buying a car I live North of Chicago so I always want to buy something with awd and I love Subaru owned 9 total so that's why I went with an STI but it personal preference. Just comes down to what your going to use it for like a sedan wagon etc. Good luck with the hunt and the home building one can be a pain I know from experience Lol
Atlanta, GA so AWD is nice but not necessary. It will be RWD the next time around. I love my Subaru and I am not quite done with it yet (confirmation on shipping for one last mod). I honestly love all types of cars. I am not extremely brand loyal. I have owned a lot of different cars over the years and each one of them had it's own things that I really liked. The Subaru is by far the most extreme I have gone with modifying though. That was a fun journey.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #1515
czum09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336078
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Dom 4?!
czum09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #1516
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czum09 View Post
Dom 4?!
no, just no.
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #1517
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czum09 View Post
Dom 4?!
IMO...there is not reason to go bigger than the 1.5 for stock location. More power = rotated. And no...not a power mod. I really like the powerband of the 1.5.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1518
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
WRB

Default

so your stock 5 speed is still intact? or did I miss/forget something?
Celery GT-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #1519
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery GT-5 View Post
so your stock 5 speed is still intact? or did I miss/forget something?
5 speed is still running as strong as ever. Motul FTW.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #1520
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
WRB

Default

Sweet
Celery GT-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #1521
PhillyPhan90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yelm/Ellensburg, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR, Dom 1.5
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default Fantastic WRX

I love this car. Not many people consider the WRX worthy of building and I'm glad you have. I have the same agenda for my 06 and people tell me I'm stupid to not just start with an STI. I mention the same thing you did, I'm just gonna end up replacing much of it anyway so might as well start with $10k saved. Thanks for the inspiration and allowing others to realize the potential.
PhillyPhan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #1522
average.dan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 281113
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Satin White Pearl

Default

I love this car. Not that my rex is anything on the level of yours, but sometimes I feel the same way about getting rid of her and starting with something like an IS-F. But then I think of all the work I did to get her to where she is today and try my best to view her with an objective POV and then I'm like, "Yeah, there you are. You are one sweet thing and I never want to let you go!".

That and I have to tell myself how much I enjoy NOT having a car payment and how taking on a new one really stinks.

In any case, this is probably the most well thought out and executed Subaru build I have ever seen.
average.dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #1523
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 1,216whp
Black Raven

Default



I had a meeting in Asheville, NC today so I decided to take the long way from Atlanta. Nothing better than tight turn mountain roads early in the morning without another sole in sight. This is the section of my route today that includes some of my favorite driving roads in GA/NC.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/311304437



Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan90 View Post
I love this car. Not many people consider the WRX worthy of building and I'm glad you have. I have the same agenda for my 06 and people tell me I'm stupid to not just start with an STI. I mention the same thing you did, I'm just gonna end up replacing much of it anyway so might as well start with $10k saved. Thanks for the inspiration and allowing others to realize the potential.
That was my theory! It has worked out well for me so far. I have really enjoyed the car and the process of getting it to where it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by average.dan View Post
I love this car. Not that my rex is anything on the level of yours, but sometimes I feel the same way about getting rid of her and starting with something like an IS-F. But then I think of all the work I did to get her to where she is today and try my best to view her with an objective POV and then I'm like, "Yeah, there you are. You are one sweet thing and I never want to let you go!".

That and I have to tell myself how much I enjoy NOT having a car payment and how taking on a new one really stinks.

In any case, this is probably the most well thought out and executed Subaru build I have ever seen.
No car payment is awesome. Stick with that. Thanks for the feedback. It is always great to hear opinions on my build from other Subaru owners.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #1524
Ultimateone
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48025
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: By the Ocean, MA
Vehicle:
15 Mustang EB
Black

Default

God that spot is incredible
Ultimateone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #1525
icedcoco
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259021
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Premium
SWP

Default

^ couldn't have said it better myself.
icedcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TopSpeed - 2011 Sti - 11.3@124.5mph - Stock tmic, Dom 1.5, E85 TopSpeed Proven Power Bragging 60 10-18-2014 03:02 AM
Blouch Dom 1.5 CobbsSTI Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 0 12-21-2011 03:54 AM
2011 WRX Hatch - Rear Wiper Intermittent Setting No Longer Works xluben Newbies & FAQs 3 04-24-2011 11:18 PM
FS - Blouch Dom 3 Turbo - Brand New!! dcheyne55 SWIC Private Classifieds 5 06-02-2008 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.