Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 26, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 268779
Chapter/Region: SWIC
2006 WRX TR

Default I scraped my car in a parking lot... Exhaust messed up

Today, while pulling out of a notoriously bad parking lot for lowered cars, I scraped really bad. I thought nothing of it, as it had happened before, and continued driving.

When I got back to my car later, I found the exhaust was very loud and had a lot more rumble to it. I'm pretty sure the scrape actually partially detached my left header. It got louder and louder on the way home, and then finally started to pop a bit right as I got home. I think I'm going to get up on some jack stands to see better under there, and see if the header bolts can just be tightened up, or if it ripped through anywhere.

Should I torque the header bolts to a specific number, or just tighten them up?

EDIT: Just kidding. I'm dumb. It's just at the catback . It just sounded like it was left-front when we were listening this afternoon. I'm going to end up taking it to a shop because my dad and I don't have a lift/enough strength to have enough room and tighten those bolts enough under the car.

Last edited by apc15; 06-06-2012 at 11:53 PM.
apc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links