Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
rony07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 323666
Default WRX Clear Bra

I'm looking to get a clear bra for my 2010 WRX in the Phoenix area, and just wanted to know if the $375 the tint shop quoted me is a fair deal. If any of you know of a reputable place in the area that can do this with a fair price, let me know!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rony07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Evil Imports
Scooby Guru

Member#: 14732
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
+ 13 B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony07 View Post
I'm looking to get a clear bra for my 2010 WRX in the Phoenix area, and just wanted to know if the $375 the tint shop quoted me is a fair deal. If any of you know of a reputable place in the area that can do this with a fair price, let me know!
What tint shop did you go to?

A Better Tint in Gilbert is the only place i would go, Talk to Erik the owner and let him know Jay sent you
Evil Imports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
rony07
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Imports View Post
What tint shop did you go to?

A Better Tint in Gilbert is the only place i would go, Talk to Erik the owner and let him know Jay sent you
Gilbert is kind of a ways for me since I live up in Surprise, but I'll think about it if the price is right. How much do they charge? The shop that quoted me $375 is Real Cool Window Tint on 54th and Camelback.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Evil Imports
Scooby Guru

Member#: 14732
Vehicle:
+ 13 B8

Quote:
Gilbert is kind of a ways for me since I live up in Surprise, but I'll think about it if the price is right. How much do they charge? The shop that quoted me $375 is Real Cool Window Tint on 54th and Camelback.
I don't know what they charge, but they do great work
Evil Imports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
disturbed-az
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280562
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5dr
DGM

Quote:

Would this be keith by any chance? (602) 413-7536 ? ...if yes, I'd stay away that shop and him - my experience at least...
disturbed-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
mcuzzin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 292732
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

A better tint quoted me at 600 >.< I know they do good stuff but DAMN
mcuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
2012WRXY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316057
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

That is enough to get your front bumper re painted twice after normal road wear and tear.... what is the point?? "ohhh my clear bra will get chipped but not my paint." I do not relate.
2012WRXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
rony07
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed-az View Post
Would this be keith by any chance? (602) 413-7536 ? ...if yes, I'd stay away that shop and him - my experience at least...
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
disturbed-az
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280562
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5dr
DGM

Of course...If it's the same person / company then I wouldn't recommend them. I have a 2011 wrx (car listed in the profile) and had him come out to my house to tint it. Without going into too much detail this was a year ago.

Tint had a lot of bubbles which he claimed would go away, wasn't properly aligned which I didn't notice right away after he tinted it - there's a gap between the trim and the tint. I tried numerous times to get him to come out and fix the problem - twice he stood up his own appointment that he promised he was going to be there for. And after that he ignored every single phone call and a few texts me asking him to fix some things that obviously were a part of a sloppy install. Never called back, never responded.

I didn't want my money back, I didn't want anything crazy - I just wanted to get the sloppy work fixed. Should have followed my gut feeling and gone with the gilbert tint shop everyone is recommending. It was either him or the gilbert shop - they both came highly recommended by others.

The name of the company was/is: Real Cool Window Tinting - 602 413 7536 - guy's name is Keith. He only did mobile installs at that time.
disturbed-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
nwood1976
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103273
Vehicle:
2002 WRXWagonStageII
Sedona Red

I used these guys for my clear bra: http://smartshield.wordpress.com/
They have a little shop in Chandler, but they have different sites around the valley. They also do "Inyati" spray in bed liners at their location. They did a great job installing the bra and the pieces were perfectly cut on a giant plotter printer setup. I think I paid around $275 or so for the front of the hood, the front bumper, my grill and the fronts of both side view mirrors on my bugeye. They warranty the "Expel" film they use for 7 years I believe..
nwood1976 is offline   Reply With Quote