Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
the_newt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320788
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza WRX
Red

Default 2011 WRX datalog

I have an otherwise stock 11 WRX with the stage 1 93 mtv300 map and have had it loaded for several weeks now. The car feels much better than it did before the AP and I no longer fear for the engine's safety when driving the car as intended. I have just recorded my first datalog and from what I've seen of the others in this sub-forum, I don't have anything to be worried about but here it is for the sake of peer review. This was a third gear pull on an access ramp with a slight (5%) downhill grade towards the freeway. Ambient temperatures were ~75 F.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FVaOEUyZHVRQVE
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
the_newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
WRX_20II
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 298108
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Spark Silver Metallic

Looks good to me, no knock and DAM is at 1. Your target boost is right on too.

I'm sure Bill from Cobb will check in and give a good look-over though and relate his thoughts shortly
WRX_20II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_newt View Post
I have an otherwise stock 11 WRX with the stage 1 93 mtv300 map and have had it loaded for several weeks now. The car feels much better than it did before the AP and I no longer fear for the engine's safety when driving the car as intended. I have just recorded my first datalog and from what I've seen of the others in this sub-forum, I don't have anything to be worried about but here it is for the sake of peer review. This was a third gear pull on an access ramp with a slight (5%) downhill grade towards the freeway. Ambient temperatures were ~75 F.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FVaOEUyZHVRQVE
Log looks good. Borderline underboosting but not by much.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
the_newt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Impreza WRX
Red

Not worth switching maps over? Or would the proper data weenie do a log with the Standard map, LWG map and the HWG map and see which is closest to the target boost?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Not worth switching maps over? Or would the proper data weenie do a log with the Standard map, LWG map and the HWG map and see which is closest to the target boost?
You are kind of on the border there where using the HWG map (which you would use when underboosting) could get your closer, but may cause you to overboost in higher gears. Certainly, you can give it a try, just also log a typical WOT scenario (based on your normal driving) that you might be doing in 5th gear (if you can do so safely).

Bill
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
the_newt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Impreza WRX
Red

If I can find enough open space to do a full log in 5th I will but I have qualms about putting that much load WOT on the engine under 2k rpm. 4th is much more doable but would a partial log not to redline be sufficient? I see that peak boost is around 4100 rpm, would only going to 5000 be sufficient for the purposes of this log or do we need to see what the boost tapers off to at redline?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
If I can find enough open space to do a full log in 5th I will but I have qualms about putting that much load WOT on the engine under 2k rpm. 4th is much more doable but would a partial log not to redline be sufficient? I see that peak boost is around 4100 rpm, would only going to 5000 be sufficient for the purposes of this log or do we need to see what the boost tapers off to at redline?
You shouldn't be going WOT under 2000 RPM - I'm just talking about what you would normally be doing when driving. If you don't go WOT in 5th gear ever (and no one else that might drive the car does), then it doesn't matter anyway. If you go WOT in 4th at times, then just do a log there (if you can so safely).

Bill