Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
fightex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314063
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2012 STI Sport Tech
SWP

Default 2012 STI Stage1 91oct datalog...concerns?

Hey guys

I just installed AP and flashed to stage 1 91oct on my 2012 STI. I did two datalogs which are linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UhuUndLeEQ4M1E

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HFGU3FIcXR3X1E

Should I be concerned at all regarding the feedback knock correction as in both datalog runs it seems to manifest around when I hit peak boost. The other concern I have is if I should be worried about the AF learning 1 as it did drop compared to my first run.

Some other info that may help is that the altitude where I live is around 3500ft and the ambient temperature was around 80F during both runs. Also both runs were in S# and Auto-.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to the tuning side of the Subaru world.

Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fightex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightex View Post
Hey guys

I just installed AP and flashed to stage 1 91oct on my 2012 STI. I did two datalogs which are linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UhuUndLeEQ4M1E

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HFGU3FIcXR3X1E

Should I be concerned at all regarding the feedback knock correction as in both datalog runs it seems to manifest around when I hit peak boost. The other concern I have is if I should be worried about the AF learning 1 as it did drop compared to my first run.

Some other info that may help is that the altitude where I live is around 3500ft and the ambient temperature was around 80F during both runs. Also both runs were in S# and Auto-.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to the tuning side of the Subaru world.

Thanks
You have a single count of feedback knock near the area of peak boost - not something you want to see. It may be that the boost level is too high for your altitude. Or it may be poor gas quality in your area. First thing to try would be to reflash the 91ACN map (our most conservative map) and then give it a few more runs. If the feedback knock appears again, then you'll want to download the low wastegate (LWG) version of the 91ACN map (from the maps section at cobbtuning.com) and reflash that to the car. If you are using no-name brand of gas, you may want to consider going with one of the so-called "top tier" gas brands.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
fightex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314063
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2012 STI Sport Tech
SWP

Reflashed to Stage 1 ACN91 map and the feedback knock at peak boost is gone although there are two blips on the fine knock learn around 6100rpm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zVDRVkzdXpldFE

94oct is readily available in my area so should I run the 94oct with the ACN91 map as added knock protection? Can I even venture to reflash to the non ACN91 stage 1 map with the 94oct and see if the knock issue returns?

Thanks again to Bill for all the help!

Last edited by fightex; 07-12-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added link to google spreadsheet
fightex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightex View Post
Reflashed to Stage 1 ACN91 map and the feedback knock at peak boost is gone although there are two blips on the fine knock learn around 6100rpm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zVDRVkzdXpldFE

94oct is readily available in my area so should I run the 94oct with the ACN91 map as added knock protection? Can I even venture to reflash to the non ACN91 stage 1 map with the 94oct and see if the knock issue returns?

Thanks again to Bill for all the help!
In this case, it appears the fine knock learning was learned right here during this run (sometimes you can get some fine knock learning noise from lifting off the throttle in previous WOT runs, but that is not the case here). I would reflash the low wastegate LWG map. I would also change gas brands. You can certainly put in 94 octane if you like. But, it wouldn't be worth it unless you plan to run it all the time. If you do, then you can experiment with going up to the 91 regular map and maybe the 93 map.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote