Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Kcanz13
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283833
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
silver w/ cf hood

Default Datalog and Feedback knock

So i am COMPLETELY new at data logging but i talked to a guy from cobb that told me how to do it and what to look for and what it all means. This guy was rather vague about what my concerns might be if my numbers were outside their parameters. Everything looked fine except my feedback knock correction. from 6000 rpm to 7232 rpm it was at -2.11. Is this cause for concern? If so what?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kcanz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Kcanz13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx
silver w/ cf hood

I forgot to mention that I have a 2005 WRX with 148,000 miles on it. A full exhaust, no cat and no o2 sensor in it, stock intake, and thats about it. New spark plugs about 2 months ago, new coil packs, and thats about it.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcanz13 View Post
So i am COMPLETELY new at data logging but i talked to a guy from cobb that told me how to do it and what to look for and what it all means. This guy was rather vague about what my concerns might be if my numbers were outside their parameters. Everything looked fine except my feedback knock correction. from 6000 rpm to 7232 rpm it was at -2.11. Is this cause for concern? If so what?
I would post up the log so we can take a look at it. You can use google docs to do so and post up the link here (make sure you convert the .csv file to google docs' format and set the permissions to public).

If you haven't done so already, I would download the newer v310 maps from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Transfer the map from your computer to the AccessPORT using the AccessPORT Manager software. Then reflash the map to the car (not realtime flash).

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Kcanz13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx
silver w/ cf hood

I have downloaded the v310 map for it but my car is about due for a new york state inspection and i dont want to reset ally monitors just yet. But after today they will be applied. I am working on inputing them on google docs as we speak. Ill make sure i post soon. Thanks for the heads up on the doc type and all that
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

If you haven't already, check out our data logging video below. It has some additional information about some of the key parameters and the best type of run to do:

Bill
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Kcanz13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx
silver w/ cf hood

Yeah thats the video that I watched initially, thats what made me wanna do this. Are there anymore good videos i should watch that will help me out and save you alot of time answering newb questions?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
bacalhau16
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 297565
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
Silver

Familiarize yourself with Google documents and how to post a spreadsheet publicly. Other then that, the COBB video tells you exactly how to make a proper log. 3rd gear, around 2k rpm and in a safe area.
bacalhau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcanz13 View Post
Yeah thats the video that I watched initially, thats what made me wanna do this. Are there anymore good videos i should watch that will help me out and save you alot of time answering newb questions?
We don't have any additional data logging videos, but we don't mind answering questions, so feel free to ask!

Bill