Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #351
MRF582
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48219
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
Im going to post graphs from the mustang dyno at TPG Tuning that the car is being tuned on, as well virtual dyno graphs for both mustang and dynojet for a comparison between the three!
Awesome! AFAIK, data like this hasn't been captured, for any setup.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #352
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF582 View Post
Awesome! AFAIK, data like this hasn't been captured, for any setup.
Well then... Maybe I will try and put it on an actual dynojet as well for more info!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #353
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
Well then... Maybe I will try and put it on an actual dynojet as well for more info!
Thats awesome, thanks for taking the time to do a great comparison .

So far the only other two subaru 6266 setups have made 580whp and 590whp on VD dynojet on E85. Your car has way more mods than the other ones
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #354
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 126mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
No problem and thanks a lot!

Im going to post graphs from the mustang dyno at TPG Tuning that the car is being tuned on, as well virtual dyno graphs for both mustang and dynojet for a comparison between the three!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF582 View Post
Awesome! AFAIK, data like this hasn't been captured, for any setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
Well then... Maybe I will try and put it on an actual dynojet as well for more info!
FujiK did a Dynojet vs. Mustang vs. Airboy

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2041890

I did a Dynojet vs. Virtual Dyno

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2389720

For Virtual Dyno Mustang vs. Virtual Dyno Dynojet, there is no comparison needed. It's a 14% difference. That is simply built into the correction factor of the software.

Getting it onto a real Dynojet could be interesting but you already showed that it's a ~7% difference with your other plots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
Thats awesome, thanks for taking the time to do a great comparison .

So far the only other two subaru 6266 setups have made 580whp and 590whp on VD dynojet on E85. Your car has way more mods than the other ones
I think I'm most interested in the VD plots or even some speedo video's of 3rd and 4th gear pulls. That seems like the easiest to compare. Especially the pull video's. That really shows how quick it actually is.

FYI - My 6266 setup makes about 575WHP at 29-30psi and around 600WHP at 30-31psi (on Virtual Dyno - Dynojet). I am on winter blend E85, but I am also on stock cams. Based on your Mustang dyno results I would guess you'll do low to mid 600's on Virtual Dyno - Dynojet.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #355
MRF582
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48219
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Default

^Good post. Thanks, didn't know.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #356
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
Thats awesome, thanks for taking the time to do a great comparison .

So far the only other two subaru 6266 setups have made 580whp and 590whp on VD dynojet on E85. Your car has way more mods than the other ones
I don't know what parts the other ones have installed but I know the only other thing to make more power that I can think of would be to sleeve the block(should have done it while the engine was apart ) but I will most likely do that during next winter!

Since the last it was on the dyno and made 574/591 on E70, I have added the Boomba Racing 75mm TB, Full Race "stock location" exhaust manifold, switched to the Invidia single exit "race" catback over the Q300 and now using E90 instead E70, I really have no idea what to expect when we tune it today! I guess we will see this afternoon around 3
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #357
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
I don't know what parts the other ones have installed but I know the only other thing to make more power that I can think of would be to sleeve the block(should have done it while the engine was apart ) but I will most likely do that during next winter!

Since the last it was on the dyno and made 574/591 on E70, I have added the Boomba Racing 75mm TB, Full Race "stock location" exhaust manifold, switched to the Invidia single exit "race" catback over the Q300 and now using E90 instead E70, I really have no idea what to expect when we tune it today! I guess we will see this afternoon around 3
Awesome! good luck today. I can't wait to see the results
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #358
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

update?
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #359
Januch09
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309459
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
Satin White Perl

Default

Also interested in some numbers? Very excited about this build!
Januch09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #360
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
Also interested in some numbers? Very excited about this build!
Haha Well there are no numbers for the time being due to the fact we are now making changes to the trunk moumted fuel system!

My second Fuelab 40401 external fuel pump has died so we are making changes for the better ;-)

I just ordered a Radium engineering Dual Bosch 044 fuel surge tank w/ -8 feed line that is posted in the picture below!



There is already a plan in place for wiring, mounting, etc and should come out amazing because it will give the sti even more of the "street car" feel that I am aiming for due to quieter cabin, more reliability and less trunk space required for mounting compared to my previous setup!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #361
Januch09
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309459
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
Satin White Perl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
Haha Well there are no numbers for the time being due to the fact we are now making changes to the trunk moumted fuel system!

My second Fuelab 40401 external fuel pump has died so we are making changes for the better ;-)

I just ordered a Radium engineering Dual Bosch 044 fuel surge tank w/ -8 feed line that is posted in the picture below!



There is already a plan in place for wiring, mounting, etc and should come out amazing because it will give the sti even more of the "street car" feel that I am aiming for due to quieter cabin, more reliability and less trunk space required for mounting compared to my previous setup!
I actually came a cross a thread where a guy with an 11 hatch ran a similar fuel setup for E85. It worked very well for him! Good luck! And I know the feeling of wanting it to be done and make numbers and then more problems occur, more mods needed...It sucks but it's all apart of the build process. Keep us posted! Awesome build thread!
Januch09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #362
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post

I actually came a cross a thread where a guy with an 11 hatch ran a similar fuel setup for E85. It worked very well for him! Good luck! And I know the feeling of wanting it to be done and make numbers and then more problems occur, more mods needed...It sucks but it's all apart of the build process. Keep us posted! Awesome build thread!
Thank you very much and that's awesome to hear there is someone else using the same setup with good results!

Yea it sucks we have to push off dynoing it for the time being but I think it's for the better performance and visual wise!

I'll be sure to keep the updates coming as we make progress with the install!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #363
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx,2.5L,HTA86
E85,2007 6mt,No traction

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post
Haha Well there are no numbers for the time being due to the fact we are now making changes to the trunk moumted fuel system!

My second Fuelab 40401 external fuel pump has died so we are making changes for the better ;-)

I just ordered a Radium engineering Dual Bosch 044 fuel surge tank w/ -8 feed line that is posted in the picture below!



There is already a plan in place for wiring, mounting, etc and should come out amazing because it will give the sti even more of the "street car" feel that I am aiming for due to quieter cabin, more reliability and less trunk space required for mounting compared to my previous setup!
I like the looks of this. Clean.

Does it fit in the spare tire well nice?
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #364
famemush
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332696
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Looks and sounds awesome
famemush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #365
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by famemush View Post
Looks and sounds awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post

I like the looks of this. Clean.

Does it fit in the spare tire well nice?
Thanks!

Haha well are options are either mount the fuel system in the spare tire area or mount in the back left corner(retain spare tire) of the trunk area!

I would not mind it in either spot so I'll worry about that when the time comes to install!

Last edited by baseballdbk1; 04-18-2013 at 01:58 AM.
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #366
slowgenius
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48350
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
04 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post

Haha Well there are no numbers for the time being due to the fact we are now making changes to the trunk moumted fuel system!

My second Fuelab 40401 external fuel pump has died so we are making changes for the better ;-)

I just ordered a Radium engineering Dual Bosch 044 fuel surge tank w/ -8 feed line that is posted in the picture below!

There is already a plan in place for wiring, mounting, etc and should come out amazing because it will give the sti even more of the "street car" feel that I am aiming for due to quieter cabin, more reliability and less trunk space required for mounting compared to my previous setup!
So you had two external fuelab pumps die on you? Is there more to the story, and about how you ran it? I am curious because i have a fuelab external pump going on my fuel system.
slowgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #367
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgenius View Post

So you had two external fuelab pumps die on you? Is there more to the story, and about how you ran it? I am curious because i have a fuelab external pump going on my fuel system.
Not really anything more to say other than they died unfortunately...

Ran it on low speed at all times, pre and post filter, proper wiring setup, etc
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #368
slowgenius
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48350
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
04 WRX

Default

Oh ok. Did they warranty them? Did they give an explanation, or apology? This really concerns me because its almost a 500 dollar pump feeding a 10k dollar motor.
slowgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #369
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgenius View Post
Oh ok. Did they warranty them? Did they give an explanation, or apology? This really concerns me because its almost a 500 dollar pump feeding a 10k dollar motor.
I called them about this most recent pump that failed and they just told me to send it in for testing and then go from there...
I swear there is something goofy with the speed control circuit is those pumps!

fuel pressure would randomly fluctuate between 50 PSI(bass pressure) and 20 PSI at idle, as well as the sound of the pump would change greatly!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #370
SpongeBobSquarePants
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296048
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Kenilworth, NJ
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Blurple

Default

Just curious if you plan on bringing this car to Englishtown?
I'd like too be there that day
SpongeBobSquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #371
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBobSquarePants View Post
Just curious if you plan on bringing this car to Englishtown?
I'd like too be there that day
For which event?

I'm always down for a road trip!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #372
SpongeBobSquarePants
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296048
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Kenilworth, NJ
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Blurple

Default

I meant in general. This is my home track and if love to see this car in person.
SpongeBobSquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #373
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBobSquarePants View Post
I meant in general. This is my home track and if love to see this car in person.
Oh I got ya!

Yea that is a lil bit of a drive just to go but if they do a sti vs evo event or something like that I would love to go!

I dont know if you plan on going, but im gonna be taking it down to the OC AWD Meet in june
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #374
phillcam021
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260937
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: kansas city MO
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
OBP

Default

Should bring her down for kc2k13 may 18-19 !!!
phillcam021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #375
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillcam021 View Post
Should bring her down for kc2k13 may 18-19 !!!
I wish it was that easy to go to every event this summer lol

I have a good idea of the list of events I want to bring the car to and we'll see how many of those I even make it to
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.