Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 25, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #676
Tyrial
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284392
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: North Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
2011 STI Limited
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

The stock crank should be fine honestly but if you're serious about going forged ask some of the other builders around what they use (3MI, MPS, etc.)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tyrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #677
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Yea I think stock crank would be fine...member on here ran into issues with the k1 crank and he was making over 800whp
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #678
wuuusaa
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 92894
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: In the members car gallery
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx

Default

What a beast and sleeper, nice setup man.
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #679
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
What a beast and sleeper, nice setup man.
Thanks a lot!
The sleeper look is exactly what I am going for!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #680
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

More Updates...

I recently got my new pistons in the mail and they look awesome!

CP Pistons
100mm Bore
10:1CR
Coated domes/skirts
Tool Steel wrist pin upgrade




I also picked up a lil something special to help clean up the engine bay...



I will be posting pictures of my freshly ported Curt Brown Racing Cylinder heads later today when I get to the shop! ;-)
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #681
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Here are some pictures of my cylinder heads that I just picked up from Curt Brown Racing!

Pictures do not do his work any justice and we have been using Curt for a lot of our port work whether it be cylinder heads, intake manifolds, turbos, etc!




baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #682
JSti07
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190019
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Erie, PA
Vehicle:
07 STi
swp

Default

This is going to be such a nice build. Anxious the see the upcoming pictures of the heads.

edit: haha you beat me to it. The pictures look sick. He does such a great job.
JSti07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #683
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Wonder what's going to be the outcome of the 10:1 pistons and ported heads! Evo #s?! Haha nice build !
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #684
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemwrb04sti View Post
Wonder what's going to be the outcome of the 10:1 pistons and ported heads! Evo #s?! Haha nice build !
After getting to talk with Tim Bailey from Cobb Surgeline when we went to the Buschur EVO/DSM/GTR shootout, he thinks we have a very good plan lined up for the car and gave us his support which I greatly appreciate from someone as well known as himself!

Final results should be very interesting to see when everything is back together :-)
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #685
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post

After getting to talk with Tim Bailey from Cobb Surgeline when we went to the Buschur EVO/DSM/GTR shootout, he thinks we have a very good plan lined up for the car and gave us his support which I greatly appreciate from someone as well known as himself!

Final results should be very interesting to see when everything is back together :-)
Sounds good ! I myself have 9.8:1 Manley pistons with ported heads Gsc s3 cams and a hta86..going to run e98 and see what it does..do you plan on runnin bigger head studs 13mm or 14?
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #686
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSti07 View Post
This is going to be such a nice build. Anxious the see the upcoming pictures of the heads.

edit: haha you beat me to it. The pictures look sick. He does such a great job.
Thanks Jeff!

Now I just need to make my Sti as clean as yours is and then ill be happy lol
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #687
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Without searching again? What turbo??

I'm curious, I'm doing a 10:1 comp motor this winter w/ reinforced sleeves and good port work as well. Good luck man when is the shootout?

I cannot drive so it is kind of just to accommodate my handy-cap.
Sequential gear box is what I need to go fast lol.
Levon
Layvon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #688
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Without searching again? What turbo??

I'm curious, I'm doing a 10:1 comp motor this winter w/ reinforced sleeves and good port work as well. Good luck man when is the shootout?

I cannot drive so it is kind of just to accommodate my handy-cap.
Sequential gear box is what I need to go fast lol.
Levon
Going with an FP 3794 or PTE 6766, still up in the air...

The shootout was aug. 16-18 and we got to meet Tim there which was awesome and the shootout was fun as always with lots of fast cars including our own shop sponsored 2G Eagle Talon and Evo drag cars!

We talked to Tim about some awesome things that they are able to incorporate into the stock ECU while using the accessport in the future and it gives me even more reason to stick with COBB Tuning and not switch to a standalone! ;-)
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #689
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post

Going with an FP 3794 or PTE 6766, still up in the air...

The shootout was aug. 16-18 and we got to meet Tim there which was awesome and the shootout was fun as always with lots of fast cars including our own shop sponsored 2G Eagle Talon and Evo drag cars!

We talked to Tim about some awesome things that they are able to incorporate into the stock ECU while using the accessport in the future and it gives me even more reason to stick with COBB Tuning and not switch to a standalone! ;-)
What cams did you go with? Also if you haven't purchased your turbo yet there is a "super94" and "super99" turbo from Fp...with there testing super94 made 58whp over 3794...either 1 is a good choice...i would also look into the Borg Warner 9180 and the comp turbos as well !
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #690
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemwrb04sti View Post

What cams did you go with? Also if you haven't purchased your turbo yet there is a "super94" and "super99" turbo from Fp...with there testing super94 made 58whp over 3794...either 1 is a good choice...i would also look into the Borg Warner 9180 and the comp turbos as well !
I went with Kelford 280s and couldn't be happier!

I was actually already looking into the super 94 but there are 2 reasons I'm not going with it:

1. The custom turbine housing is somewhat longer that a normal t3 housing so firewall clearance is a big concern
2. The super series turbos are somewhat laggier than the normal 3794 although it does make better top end power... The problem is having the rpm range to fully utilize those turbos unfortunately :-(

I think the FP 3794 w/ tial .82 v-band housing will do the job of giving a great top end and also not "super" laggy... <---see what I did there ;-)

Borg Warner makes awesome turbos but not very impressed for how much they cost...

Haha As far as Comp, that's a big hell no!
There is a local shop that uses them and I keep seeing very laggy graphs with no great results as well as the problems I keep reading about that one of their customers was having... I think he is on his third or fourth for all I know now lol
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #691
Januch09
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309459
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
Satin White Perl

Default

Idk if I missed it or not, but what are your guys power goals for this setup? Unless its staying secret until the dyno, lol. This build is gorgeous and very inspiring. My build is very very similar to your last with the 6266!
Januch09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #692
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post

I went with Kelford 280s and couldn't be happier!

I was actually already looking into the super 94 but there are 2 reasons I'm not going with it:

1. The custom turbine housing is somewhat longer that a normal t3 housing so firewall clearance is a big concern
2. The super series turbos are somewhat laggier than the normal 3794 although it does make better top end power... The problem is having the rpm range to fully utilize those turbos unfortunately :-(

I think the FP 3794 w/ tial .82 v-band housing will do the job of giving a great top end and also not "super" laggy... <---see what I did there ;-)

Borg Warner makes awesome turbos but not very impressed for how much they cost...

Haha As far as Comp, that's a big hell no!
There is a local shop that uses them and I keep seeing very laggy graphs with no great results as well as the problems I keep reading about that one of their customers was having... I think he is on his third or fourth for all I know now lol
Lol to comp...ino there's 1 car on here with the 3794 well actually 2...1 being the "Mexico sti" and I believe they made 800....also if you check YouTube video of 3794 turbo on a sti..what do you plan to rev this thing to? About 8500?
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #693
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
Idk if I missed it or not, but what are your guys power goals for this setup? Unless its staying secret until the dyno, lol. This build is gorgeous and very inspiring. My build is very very similar to your last with the 6266!
The top goal would be to make 800 on our mustang dyno which would be beyond amazing but honestly, 750whp would be just fine by me! lol

Thank you very much for the compliments and happy you enjoy the build!

The 6266 is an awesome turbo but the compressor wheel seems to be the limiting factor and the 64mm wheel seems to be a nice new option!

Good luck with your build as well and makes some good power!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #694
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemwrb04sti View Post
Lol to comp...ino there's 1 car on here with the 3794 well actually 2...1 being the "Mexico sti" and I believe they made 800....also if you check YouTube video of 3794 turbo on a sti..what do you plan to rev this thing to? About 8500?
Yea, the Mexico Sti is impressive with the power that they have been able to achieve but they switched from the 3794 to a Bullseye S366 i believe?

also yes, the redline will at 8500rpm where we had it set with the last engine
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #695
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemwrb04sti View Post
Sounds good ! I myself have 9.8:1 Manley pistons with ported heads Gsc s3 cams and a hta86..going to run e98 and see what it does..do you plan on runnin bigger head studs 13mm or 14?
no plans on running bigger head studs, just going with ARP L19 head studs
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #696
reemwrb04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: boogie down bronx
Vehicle:
04 Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballdbk1 View Post

Yea, the Mexico Sti is impressive with the power that they have been able to achieve but they switched from the 3794 to a Bullseye S366 i believe?

also yes, the redline will at 8500rpm where we had it set with the last engine
IIRC they made 675 with the s366 then switched to the 3794 to get close to 800
reemwrb04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #697
TheColorCute
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 265589
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VT
Vehicle:
2004 Slow 6466 STi
WRB

Default

Awesome build! I'll have to read through the rest of this thread one of these days soon. Excited to see what you put down. We went with a twin-scroll 6466 with a 1.15 hotside for our 800+ build. We're confident that it will break the 800 mark, but if we make 750 (which ETS did with the 6466 on a smaller hotside and different fuel setup), we'll be 100% happy too! I'll definitely be following your progress! Once again, awesome work!
TheColorCute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #698
bettner12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 56179
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Vehicle:
05 LGT 407hp/372tq
Tuned by mike@innovative

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemwrb04sti View Post
IIRC they made 675 with the s366 then switched to the 3794 to get close to 800
and then switched to a Bullseye s374 to make 800+
bettner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #699
baseballdbk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242700
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Wrx
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColorCute View Post
Awesome build! I'll have to read through the rest of this thread one of these days soon. Excited to see what you put down. We went with a twin-scroll 6466 with a 1.15 hotside for our 800+ build. We're confident that it will break the 800 mark, but if we make 750 (which ETS did with the 6466 on a smaller hotside and different fuel setup), we'll be 100% happy too! I'll definitely be following your progress! Once again, awesome work!
Thank you, happy people seem to be enjoying this build as much as me and everyone at the shop which is even more motivation to get it back together and running as quickly as possible!

From what I keep seeing, the 6466 seems like a really badass turbo especially with the results ETS has made with it! Will definitely be interesting to see what the bigger hot side will do! Good luck on your build as well and keep me posted on what you end up making!
baseballdbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #700
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Wow Dave! It's good to see the updates and that you guys are taking it up another notch! I like what you are doing with the high CR and the rest of the build, it should be a MONSTER for sure!!

Seeing as how your goal is to rev to 8500, then I kind of think the 6466 would be the better turbo for the response and power potential. I'll bet you could make 800 even on the TPG Mustang dyno with the 6466, your build and pushing the boost up to 40 psi. It seems like the 6466 with our 2.5+ displacement and rev range would stay in it's efficiency range a bit better. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the 6766 and 3794 (very similar wheel pairing) would be better if revved higher moving the power band to the right compared to the 6466.

Have you guys thought about putting head stud inserts in the block for a bigger thread bite? It might not be a bad idea with the boost you will be making. Maybe even upgrade to the CA625's then. Just a thought.

Allan
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.