Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #2676
wrx12tt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108462
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicsSTi1288 View Post
I put my order in 8/21
...mine was 8/18.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx12tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #2677
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Just noticed this, but I am guessing on the lower corners of the rear doors the extra like small sheet of metal is suppose to be there for protection? In front of the rear wheels?
You sure it's not little sections of factory clear bra? Most new vehicles come with little sections of clear bra or clear bra like material in the same area you're describing.
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #2678
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzilla View Post
You sure it's not little sections of factory clear bra? Most new vehicles come with little sections of clear bra or clear bra like material in the same area you're describing.
he is thinking of the little clear film protection you speak of
SenorDucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #2679
Decipher
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262760
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lake in the Hills, ILLnoise
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch Limtd
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru
Decipher: did I miss a post where someone kicked Dan in the teeth? All the reviews here that mention Dan are very positive. I even said I like him personally....

Joe and Dan are good peoples. Grand has great CSI scores so they clearly do well with customers overall.
I never accused you of doing any such thing. I've been reading BS about Grand and Dan's name was dropped a few times. I'm not commenting on your thread where you blast Grand for what you believe is deceptive behavior. I just got fed up with the BS and thought my experience should be known. You should have no reason to suspect my comments were directed at you.

In all fairness though, you did go beyond attacking who you believe is Bill by blasting Grand completely, stating they were ruining the market with their low quotes and track days they supposedly don't offer...yet I've been invited to two of them and counting. Attack the guy you suspect? Fine. Blow Grand off the map by saying no one will do trades with them forever because of some wimpy internet antics? Meh...it lead me to show my support, even though I can't fault you for your position if your accusations are in fact grounded. I have an impossible time believing Grand makes a practice of using deception to gain sales.

Last edited by Decipher; 10-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #2680
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK

he is thinking of the little clear film protection you speak of
Its not clear film, its two pieces...one on the door, a smaller one on the fender. You can feel the edges, like you could pry them up.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #2681
psupunk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
Well my car is in-hand. I told you guys with the 10/8 delivery they were coming! They are rolling in slowly! I would like to put a shoutout to great job from Glanzmann Subaru in Jenkintown, PA. They did a great job! Now time for the pic!
Awesome, congrats. I also ordered from Glanzmann. Who was your salesman? I still have quite the wait, since i only ordered 2 weeks ago...
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #2682
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Its not clear film, its two pieces...one on the door, a smaller one on the fender. You can feel the edges, like you could pry them up.
Can you a post a pic? I don't think I've seen anything like that before. It wouid be interesting to see what it looks like.
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #2683
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307227
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
You may end up happier in the long run. I am so anal that black cars drive me crazy!!!
+1

I have a black hatch now and I am also anal about keep anything of mine pristine. So hard with the black and the soft Subie paint on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
Well my car is in-hand. I told you guys with the 10/8 delivery they were coming! They are rolling in slowly! I would like to put a shoutout to great job from Glanzmann Subaru in Jenkintown, PA. They did a great job! Now time for the pic!
Beautiful, Ken. If I didn't so SWP, it would have been WRB. Congrats.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #2684
mclrn227
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83441
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Joliet, IL
Vehicle:
2013 5DR WRX
SWP

Default

Awwwww, I just realize that my rear driver-side seat belt doesn't buckle. There's no 'click.' Also, does any one know if the default setting for the shock sensor is set to the highest sensitivity? I read that someone's was attached to a wire bundle instead of metal.
mclrn227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #2685
Sc00bySnack
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334572
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

ordered mine today.

swp base 5door sti.

Was the factory ordering process too easy or is it just me?

all i did was pick out what i want and now i wait?!?

do i get a VIN or a VoN? all i paid for so far was the 500 deposit..
Sc00bySnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #2686
Sc00bySnack
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334572
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

man i can't wait till dec or jan until the car arrives.. the world is ending on dec 22!! aw darnit.
Sc00bySnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #2687
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc00bySnack View Post
ordered mine today.

swp base 5door sti.

Was the factory ordering process too easy or is it just me?

all i did was pick out what i want and now i wait?!?

do i get a VIN or a VoN? all i paid for so far was the 500 deposit..
That's how it went down for me. My salesman had a VON for me within 20 minutes of placing the order. You won't have a VIN for quite a while unless you dealer is able to match what you ordered with an allocation vehicle they may be receiving which I believe is doubtful at this point.

BTW, welcome to 2013 WRX/STI hell.
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #2688
Apedz215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328682
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzilla View Post
That's how it went down for me. My salesman had a VON for me within 20 minutes of placing the order. You won't have a VIN for quite a while unless you dealer is able to match what you ordered with an allocation vehicle they may be receiving which I believe is doubtful at this point.

BTW, welcome to 2013 WRX/STI hell.
whats this von you speak of? I ordered my wrx yesterday and was never given it but this is my first time ordering a car also.
Apedz215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #2689
LinsanityFan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329990
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: @ the track
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Got back from taking delivery of my 2013 WRB STI Sedan base from Grand Subaru today. I'm so stoked, I can finally use the happy banana emoticon

Kinda tired, so pictures to come tomorrow

Again, I want to give a shout out to Grand Subaru, and specifically to Dan D'Andrea. From the very beginning Dan gave me an awesome price and awesome service. Honestly Dan was so easy to work with and gave such a good price it all seemed "too good to be true". You know the saying... if it's too good to be true, it often is. But with Grand Subaru and Dan D'Andrea, FOLKS, it's THE REAL DEAL.

If you're in the market for a new Subaru, call Dan D'Andrea/Grand Subaru up and give them a chance and they'll make you happy. I'm from Wisconsin and they treated me with courtesy, respect, and didn't waste my time at all. And I paid exactly the price that Dan and I discussed.

THANKS Grand Subaru and Dan!!! You have a customer for life from me!
LinsanityFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #2690
bradleyrgme
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334324
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Ordered a WRX base sedan on 8/30, DGM.

Got an email from the dealer yesterday, my 7 week anniversary, saying the car is still due "month of December".

How are people who ordered mid Agusut getting their cars already and tons of us who still ordered in August are getting pushed to December?

Is it hard or expensive to get options installed once the car is at the dealer? If I'm really gonna have to wait another 7 plus weeks maybe ill try to find one at a dealer within a few hundred miles from me (Pittsburgh), but I really want the boost gauge and the short throw shifter though, so I'm wondering if I could get those installed even if the car doesn't come with them... And my quoted price was pretty good. I'm driving my Millenia super hard since I know I'm getting a new car soon I just hope it is soon and not forevvverrr away from now.

Congrats to everyone who's made it through the wait.

Funny story - as I was driving over the Glenwood bridge to work two mornings ago a new sti flew by me going reallly fast. I wanted to take it as a sign that my car would be coming soon, or at least in November, but the next day that email from the dealer shattered my hopes.

What's the progression of dates people find out?

I have my VON, and know that "month of December" is my date, but this isn't an ETA yet right? So I just need a VIN and a solid ETA and I should be good.
bradleyrgme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #2691
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

i ordered 10/5, and the fact that you are no further then me is no offense, promising.

Maybe we might even share the same ship?
I would love to ride the tails of your pain to my own early success.....
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #2692
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
Good point

I relieve my stress in other ways. Booze doesn't do it for me.


It's 4:20 somewhere brah,

11:48pm here, but what the hell i can't count.
Now where's the appropriate emoticon for this....

oh wait, that's why you posted that jpg....
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #2693
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apedz215 View Post
whats this von you speak of? I ordered my wrx yesterday and was never given it but this is my first time ordering a car also.
VON stands for Vehicle Order Number. Your salesman will have it unless he didn't actually put your order in. If I were you I'd call and get it from him so that you know your order has been placed.
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #2694
dstorm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329237
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Default

The bad news = I have to wait til Monday knowing my car is sitting at the dealer.

The good news = these will be waiting for it...

dstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #2695
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupunk View Post
Awesome, congrats. I also ordered from Glanzmann. Who was your salesman? I still have quite the wait, since i only ordered 2 weeks ago...

I had Andrew and Josh. Great bunch of guys! Careful when pulling out with your car, ask them what ramps to take, as you can bottom out on one of the three.
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #2696
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher

I never accused you of doing any such thing. I've been reading BS about Grand and Dan's name was dropped a few times. I'm not commenting on your thread where you blast Grand for what you believe is deceptive behavior. I just got fed up with the BS and thought my experience should be known. You should have no reason to suspect my comments were directed at you.

In all fairness though, you did go beyond attacking who you believe is Bill by blasting Grand completely, stating they were ruining the market with their low quotes and track days they supposedly don't offer...yet I've been invited to two of them and counting. Attack the guy you suspect? Fine. Blow Grand off the map by saying no one will do trades with them forever because of some wimpy internet antics? Meh...it lead me to show my support, even though I can't fault you for your position if your accusations are in fact grounded. I have an impossible time believing Grand makes a practice of using deception to gain sales.
Hey no worries. I wasn't saying just me. I didn't notice anyone saying anything bad about Dan in this thread at all...maybe I missed it.

I also don't recall ever saying that their track day was BS. I know that it is not.

That poster in my thread was William Nealis, their internet manager. That was already confirmed as fact....100%. He just refused to admit it in public and apologize (which is all I asked of them).

Like I said, Dan and his brother Joe the manager are great peoples. I really wish there was a way we could end the price war going on, as everyone is suffering (except the consumer LOL). I also wish we could all go back to trading and having a friendly rivalry instead of what it is now....
Sadly I don't see that happening.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #2697
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclrn227 View Post
Awwwww, I just realize that my rear driver-side seat belt doesn't buckle. There's no 'click.' Also, does any one know if the default setting for the shock sensor is set to the highest sensitivity? I read that someone's was attached to a wire bundle instead of metal.
All that's wrong is that you're trying to insert it into the one that is for the center belt. Try hooking it up to the female reciever next to the one that didn't click. One of them has "center" stamped in little letters on the side, the other doesn't. Common.

Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #2698
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Here are some pictures of what I was talking about.


Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #2699
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Here are some pictures of what I was talking about.


It still looks like it's the factory clear bra stuff, however if you say it's sheet metal then I believe you. I'm assuming that it's there for the same purpose as the factory clear bra.

On another note, that WRB is such a sick color! How many miles have you put on it so far?
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #2700
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzilla

It still looks like it's the factory clear bra stuff, however if you say it's sheet metal then I believe you. I'm assuming that it's there for the same purpose as the factory clear bra.

On another note, that WRB is such a sick color! How many miles have you put on it so far?
Not sure what it is, just want to make sure its suppose to be there. Im at 352 miles, love the car and soooo happy with the color.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.