Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #3776
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
would suck if the ship was taken over by somalian pirates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hollywood View Post
Zoe Pounds would be more accurate considering the ships location
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #3777
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Weekly Update: Week 5 (Monday)
Received VIN number last Friday and news that it COULD BE in their December delivery. He will update me as soon as he hears.


STI 5dr (black) No Nav

Order Location: Tampa, FL
Order Date: 10/20
VON Date: 10/22
VIN Date: 11/23
ETA (told by dealer): About 10 weeks for STI
Deposit: $500

Financing: None / CASH
Trade in: Legacy GT 09

prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #3778
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

The ships location updated, it's just outside the Bahama's, headed for Jacksonville. ETA says 16:00 UTC tomorrow. Thats 11AM Eastern I think?
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #3779
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Weekly Update: Week 5 (Monday)
Received VIN number last Friday and news that it COULD BE in their December delivery. He will update me as soon as he hears.


STI 5dr (black) No Nav

Order Location: Tampa, FL
Order Date: 10/20
VON Date: 10/22
VIN Date: 11/23
ETA (told by dealer): About 10 weeks for STI
Deposit: $500

Financing: None / CASH
Trade in: Legacy GT 09

Interesting. So maybe this 4 month wait thing is bs after all. That announcement came out 10/25, but you're still looking at 8-10 weeks it seems.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #3780
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Interesting. So maybe this 4 month wait thing is bs after all. That announcement came out 10/25, but you're still looking at 8-10 weeks it seems.
I don't know about that. Been anxiously waiting for my weekly update from my salesman today and finally got an email saying nothing changed still on HOLD for allocation 201301 (jan 2013). Sigh I wish I have something exciting to update in here once in awhile.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #3781
2468101214
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287873
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dayton, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRB STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I don't know about that. Been anxiously waiting for my weekly update from my salesman today and finally got an email saying nothing changed still on HOLD for allocation 201301 (jan 2013). Sigh I wish I have something exciting to update in here once in awhile.
Hey at least you have something. I am still on HOLD and as far as I know there is no allocation number any more and my dealer and SoA says they have absolutely no clue when my STi will get in.

-#s
2468101214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #3782
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2468101214 View Post
Hey at least you have something. I am still on HOLD and as far as I know there is no allocation number any more and my dealer and SoA says they have absolutely no clue when my STi will get in.

-#s
I don't know if my situation is any better than your lol. You're on the eastcoast so thing might be a bit different there. I am still on HOLD since the day I ordered it (10/13). At first my salesman was saying for sure getting the car in December but now he's saying it looks like it might not be here until January. After reading from hear I don't think I'll have my car until Febuary T.T
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #3783
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
LOL
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #3784
flanigan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332974
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Just got an update from my dealer...Ordered a WRB Sti sedan w/ NAV on 10/1
VON 10/1
VIN 11/26
ETA 12/31

Ordered in Florida
flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #3785
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Weekly Update: Week 5 (Monday)
Received VIN number last Friday and news that it COULD BE in their December delivery. He will update me as soon as he hears.


STI 5dr (black) No Nav

Order Location: Tampa, FL
Order Date: 10/20
VON Date: 10/22
VIN Date: 11/23
ETA (told by dealer): About 10 weeks for STI
Deposit: $500

Financing: None / CASH
Trade in: Legacy GT 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Interesting. So maybe this 4 month wait thing is bs after all. That announcement came out 10/25, but you're still looking at 8-10 weeks it seems.
Just got an update - ETA is 12/31
If that stands correct that means it is exactly 10 weeks, just as the Dealer stated when I ordered the car.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #3786
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2468101214 View Post
Hey at least you have something. I am still on HOLD and as far as I know there is no allocation number any more and my dealer and SoA says they have absolutely no clue when my STi will get in.

-#s
Sounds like some dealers are on top of it and some are not. I bought my 09 Legacy at my local dealer, they do very small volume, the sales people are NOT very knowledgeable (none of them drive or have owned a Subaru), and they have one WRX (if ever) on the lot.

I went to the big sales dealer, about an hour drive from me. These guys were on the ball, everyone there owned and drives a Subaru, they knew everything about the car, offered me a better deal, and also are a BIG volume dealer. They update me by email or phone once a week. As soon as I they got a von and vin, they emailed me. The sales man says he checks every Monday on the status of all his orders for a details (if he hasn't heard). I never got that kind of treatment from my local dealer. Hence, why I ordered it from the one an hour away.

Sometimes it has to do more with the dealer and less to do with Subaru - or so that's is my experience and opinion.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #3787
2468101214
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287873
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dayton, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRB STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Sounds like some dealers are on top of it and some are not. I bought my 09 Legacy at my local dealer, they do very small volume, the sales people are NOT very knowledgeable (none of them drive or have owned a Subaru), and they have one WRX (if ever) on the lot.

I went to the big sales dealer, about an hour drive from me. These guys were on the ball, everyone there owned and drives a Subaru, they knew everything about the car, offered me a better deal, and also are a BIG volume dealer. They update me by email or phone once a week. As soon as I they got a von and vin, they emailed me. The sales man says he checks every Monday on the status of all his orders for a details (if he hasn't heard). I never got that kind of treatment from my local dealer. Hence, why I ordered it from the one an hour away.

Sometimes it has to do more with the dealer and less to do with Subaru - or so that's is my experience and opinion.
This may be a part of my issue, but in the year or so while I have lived there I have seen a decent amount of WRX/STis go in and out of this dealer. This is mostly due to the AF base right beside the dealer. IDK, Maybe I will have a nice surprise in Dec after I back into the states. Regardless I have accepted the fact that it will mot likely be next year that I get my car so I am looking for a beater car to hold me over the 1-2 months while I wait.

-#s

Last edited by 2468101214; 11-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.
2468101214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #3788
Tonyturkey716
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307879
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Hey guys and gals hoping to be purchasing my hatch in the next 2 months and shopping around for prices.

This is for a SWP 2012 Base WRX Hatch
Central New Jersey

So far the best I have been offered is the following
Invoice- 24,570
Fog Lights- 334
Delivery- 770
Fuel Surcharge-premium- 15
Full tank- 63
Wrap Removal-25

For a total of 25,817

$25817.00
$1807.19 Tax
$7.50 Tire Tax
$296.00 New Plates and Registration
$197.00 Documentary Fees
___---___
$28,124.69 Total

I don't plan on paying the wrap removal since the manufacturers cover that cost. I feel like this is high. I know Subaru has a 3% holdback and according to USAA the invoice is 24,359.

He won't budge below invoice.

What do you think about this price?
Tonyturkey716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #3789
GMR54
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328913
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
WRB

Default

I've never heard of full tank charge, premium surcharge or wrap removal...
GMR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #3790
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I don't know about that. Been anxiously waiting for my weekly update from my salesman today and finally got an email saying nothing changed still on HOLD for allocation 201301 (jan 2013). Sigh I wish I have something exciting to update in here once in awhile.
Can we do a quick informal poll? For you guys that have orders on HOLD, or orders that took longer than 12 weeks, how many WRX/STi's does the dealer you ordered from currently have in stock? The two dealers I have been talking to in the Bay Area have 10 and 15 in stock or in transit. There's another dealer in LA that has 14 and seems to know their stuff. By contrast I ditched the dealer I test drove the STi at because he's only showing 3 and didn't really seem to understand what I meant when I said "special order".

I'm just wondering if maybe these hold orders are from dealers that don't have enough allocation to fill the order yet, and that if you go with a larger volume dealer you can still get them in 8-10 weeks.

I still have a couple of things to take care of financially before taking delivery, so I'd like to wait until March. If I order now and it's 8 weeks then I'm looking at end of January, and that will be a little uncomfortable. On the other hand if I wait until January to order, and then it's 4 months, then we are talking May. Again not the end of the world but I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible so I can make a somewhat informed decision as to when to pull the trigger.

...I think I just talked myself into waiting until January, but let me know what your dealers' inventories look like compared to your deliver time.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #3791
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

I went with Heuberger, which is the largest Subaru dealership in the nation, and my base 4-door STi order on 10/27 is slated for February and it started out with being in "HOLD."

I haven't checked in since then on the status of my order, but I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted to wait till February to be in a bit better of a financial situation so I happily put my order in October knowing that the delivery times were up to 4 months. Really comes down to talking to a good dealership that won't give you the run around and figuring out if you should place the order now or waiting till you are ready.
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #3792
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #3793
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturkey716 View Post
Hey guys and gals hoping to be purchasing my hatch in the next 2 months and shopping around for prices.

This is for a SWP 2012 Base WRX Hatch
Central New Jersey

So far the best I have been offered is the following
Invoice- 24,570
Fog Lights- 334
Delivery- 770
Fuel Surcharge-premium- 15
Full tank- 63
Wrap Removal-25

For a total of 25,817

$25817.00
$1807.19 Tax
$7.50 Tire Tax
$296.00 New Plates and Registration
$197.00 Documentary Fees
___---___
$28,124.69 Total

I don't plan on paying the wrap removal since the manufacturers cover that cost. I feel like this is high. I know Subaru has a 3% holdback and according to USAA the invoice is 24,359.

He won't budge below invoice.

What do you think about this price?

Yeah, built into the dealers invoice is money for gas. LMAO@ a dealer trying to charge you for gas that the manufacturer pays for. Tell them to get rid of the gas and wrap charges and be happy with invoice.

Invoice is a great deal given the current situation. (imho)
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #3794
wrx12tt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 108462
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Can we do a quick informal poll? For you guys that have orders on HOLD, or orders that took longer than 12 weeks, how many WRX/STi's does the dealer you ordered from currently have in stock? The two dealers I have been talking to in the Bay Area have 10 and 15 in stock or in transit. There's another dealer in LA that has 14 and seems to know their stuff. By contrast I ditched the dealer I test drove the STi at because he's only showing 3 and didn't really seem to understand what I meant when I said "special order".

I'm just wondering if maybe these hold orders are from dealers that don't have enough allocation to fill the order yet, and that if you go with a larger volume dealer you can still get them in 8-10 weeks.

I still have a couple of things to take care of financially before taking delivery, so I'd like to wait until March. If I order now and it's 8 weeks then I'm looking at end of January, and that will be a little uncomfortable. On the other hand if I wait until January to order, and then it's 4 months, then we are talking May. Again not the end of the world but I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible so I can make a somewhat informed decision as to when to pull the trigger.

...I think I just talked myself into waiting until January, but let me know what your dealers' inventories look like compared to your deliver time.
Mine was on HOLD for a few weeks and will take ~15 weeks by the time it gets here. WRX Limited 4dr w/Nav.

In contrast to the Heuberger order above, I believe I ordered it at one of the lowest volume dealers in Colorado. They have been great to me, and I'm the first order that this dealership has had this year (according to salesman). I don't think they've had any other WRX/STIs come in for inventory or orders (that I've noticed via their website), and I think mine will be the first WRX/STI when it comes in. A week after I got my ETA, they had a WRX "in-transit" which is a normal allocation (I think). Another order from my dealership was posted earlier in this thread. He ordered a few days after me, I believe.
wrx12tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #3795
skareemoutloud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324316
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturkey716 View Post
Hey guys and gals hoping to be purchasing my hatch in the next 2 months and shopping around for prices.

This is for a SWP 2012 Base WRX Hatch
Central New Jersey

So far the best I have been offered is the following
Invoice- 24,570
Fog Lights- 334
Delivery- 770
Fuel Surcharge-premium- 15
Full tank- 63
Wrap Removal-25

For a total of 25,817

$25817.00
$1807.19 Tax
$7.50 Tire Tax
$296.00 New Plates and Registration
$197.00 Documentary Fees
___---___
$28,124.69 Total

I don't plan on paying the wrap removal since the manufacturers cover that cost. I feel like this is high. I know Subaru has a 3% holdback and according to USAA the invoice is 24,359.

He won't budge below invoice.

What do you think about this price?

$24,359 is the price before destination. I think that you can get a better deal, but that one isn't bad at all. It seems like you only got fogs as an added option? I got fogs and a short throw shifter. My price before taxes and tags with the two options came out to be $24,652. And then after taxes, tags, title, fees, etc. it came out to $27,111. When I think about it, I got a really good deal. If you deduct destination and the options I ordered, the price of the base WRX comes out to about $23,100 which is well below invoice. I'm in New Jersey by the way.

Last edited by skareemoutloud; 11-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
skareemoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #3796
Tonyturkey716
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307879
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
Yeah, built into the dealers invoice is money for gas. LMAO@ a dealer trying to charge you for gas that the manufacturer pays for. Tell them to get rid of the gas and wrap charges and be happy with invoice.

Invoice is a great deal given the current situation. (imho)
I know that the gas and wrap charge are a joke ha I was not planning on paying it.
Tonyturkey716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #3797
Tonyturkey716
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307879
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skareemoutloud View Post
I think that you can get a better deal, but that one isn't bad at all. It seems like you only got fogs as an added option? I got fogs and a short throw shifter. My price before taxes and tags with the two options came out to be $24,652. And then after taxes, tags, title, fees, etc. it came out to $27,111. I'm in New Jersey by the way.
Yeah i only went for fogs mainly for aesthetics. THe STS i planned on eventually doing a kartboy STS

So your 24,652 included destination plus the 2 options?

Where in NJ and what dealer?

Last edited by Tonyturkey716; 11-26-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Tonyturkey716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #3798
skareemoutloud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324316
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturkey716 View Post
Yeah i only went for fogs mainly for aesthetics. THe STS i planned on eventually doing a kartboy STS

So your 24,652 included destination plus the 2 options?

Where in NJ and what dealer?
Haha you replied before I edited my post. But yeah, it included the two options and destination. The dealer is Kerbeck Subaru, and they're located in Pleasantville in South Jersey.
skareemoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #3799
Tonyturkey716
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307879
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skareemoutloud View Post
Haha you replied before I edited my post. But yeah, it included the two options and destination. The dealer is Kerbeck Subaru, and they're located in Pleasantville in South Jersey.
Alright that really is a good deal. I swear that fog lights were only 290 or invoice but now he's saying 334. Do you recall how much they ran you?
Tonyturkey716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #3800
skareemoutloud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324316
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturkey716 View Post
Alright that really is a good deal. I swear that fog lights were only 290 or invoice but now he's saying 334. Do you recall how much they ran you?
290 sounds about right for the fogs. If anything, the invoice could be a little less. I can't recall with absolute certainty though.
skareemoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.