Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #3876
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
Just got an update on mine:

Ordered: 10/27 w/ VON
VIN: 11/27 (might've been earlier, I haven't been harassing my dealer much!)
Estimated: 12/26

I'm a bit flabbergasted now. I had ordered in October because I was told it wouldn't be until February so I was getting all my financials in order for that. Now that it is estimated to be coming in December, I have to scramble to sell my WRX and what not xD.

I guess Subaru fixed their supply shortage pretty quick o_0.

I was told by multiple dealers now that they are just telling people it is a 4 month wait to discourage people from placing orders so they can get caught up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #3877
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbygrease View Post
I haven't even gotten to order yet because no dealerships around me want to bargain, and I can't afford MSRP yet haha. SWP 5dr STI will be ordered sometime in the next month though!
Dude, if you're in Sac, just come down to the Bay. Everyone has offered me invoice or below and they all seem to have pretty hefty allocations. I've narrowed it down to Carlsen or Serramonte and will place my order in the next couple of weeks.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #3878
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
I was told by multiple dealers now that they are just telling people it is a 4 month wait to discourage people from placing orders so they can get caught up.
Yah, well it kinda sucks lol. I was in the boat of hoping that my car actually took longer to arrive, because I was planning on using my Tax return in January to pay off my 03 WRX some more, because I'm not too confident I'll be able to find someone to buy it for how much I still owe on it ...but maybe I'll find someone that is clueless to over pay on it, considering I am in Colorado and they are inflated here!
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #3879
matt15
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297133
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Any Canadians in here? What kind of wait time are you guys seeing? I was quoted 8 weeks which really doesn't seem that bad compared to what some of you are seeing. This is for a base WRX
matt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #3880
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
What about a date for the Davisville Port in RI???
I just spoke with my dealer, my car is coming from the Davisville Port and is on the Meridian Ace. He told me its scheduled for Dec 6th to arrive in port. Then it will be probably 2 weeks from there.

Subaru of New England
DGM WRX Limited Hatch
2012 Order April 25th
2013 Order Converted July 26th (According to dealership)
Original order was with NAV, NAV was removed to improve delivery time.

Vin Recieved 11/5
ETA: Every month since August. New ETA is DEC 6th + 2 weeks.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #3881
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

This allocation **** they are doing is dumb, just because I ordered from a small dealer I shouldn't be punished. Aug 15 I ordered a base Sti PBP with navi and see ppl would ordered in sept and oct getting vins and etas while I'm still on hold and have been for two months now. They need to fill the orders by when ordered.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #3882
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
This allocation **** they are doing is dumb, just because I ordered from a small dealer I shouldn't be punished. Aug 15 I ordered a base Sti PBP with navi and see ppl would ordered in sept and oct getting vins and etas while I'm still on hold and have been for two months now. They need to fill the orders by when ordered.
I agreed. Subaru has a very dumb ordering system. Although it helps them lower the cost is what my salesman said. But that's suck you're still on hold with an August order. If I was you I'd give your dealer crap about it and ask for some discount off the car or ask them to throw in some extra accessories.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #3883
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
'14 WW Evo X GSR
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz904 View Post
I just spoke with my dealer, my car is coming from the Davisville Port and is on the Meridian Ace. He told me its scheduled for Dec 6th to arrive in port. Then it will be probably 2 weeks from there.

Subaru of New England
DGM WRX Limited Hatch
2012 Order April 25th
2013 Order Converted July 26th (According to dealership)
Original order was with NAV, NAV was removed to improve delivery time.

Vin Recieved 11/5
ETA: Every month since August. New ETA is DEC 6th + 2 weeks.
Hang in there bud. Sounds like you've had quite the run-around. I see some light at the end of the tunnel for both of us, although closer meaning more for you, my wait hasn't been bad at all.

Im heading to FL to visit family the Dec 23rd to 30th. So I'm in no rush to pick up my car. Even if it comes in before I leave, I'd rather wait and pick it up after the trip.

If my car is indeed on the Meridian ACE and is expected @ port on DEC 6th with a 7-14 day arrival window to get to the dealer, then Im looking at and Pick up ETA between the 13th and the 20th.

The last thing I wan't to do is leave my brand new STI at an air port parking garage or my apartment complex unsupervised for a week, only 2 days old.

It'll ruin my entire vaction thinking about the car and wanting to go home and drive it...

I told my sales guy if this happens to just hold the car and I will grab it after the new year. He said that was fine, who knows, maybe they'll put it in the showroom and I can get some sweet pics when I sign the papers.

- Alex
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #3884
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
Hang in there bud. Sounds like you've had quite the run-around. I see some light at the end of the tunnel for both of us, although closer meaning more for you, my wait hasn't been bad at all.

Im heading to FL to visit family the Dec 23rd to 30th. So I'm in no rush to pick up my car. Even if it comes in before I leave, I'd rather wait and pick it up after the trip.

If my car is indeed on the Meridian ACE and is expected @ port on DEC 6th with a 7-14 day arrival window to get to the dealer, then Im looking at and Pick up ETA between the 13th and the 20th.

The last thing I wan't to do is leave my brand new STI at an air port parking garage or my apartment complex unsupervised for a week, only 2 days old.

It'll ruin my entire vaction thinking about the car and wanting to go home and drive it...

I told my sales guy if this happens to just hold the car and I will grab it after the new year. He said that was fine, who knows, maybe they'll put it in the showroom and I can get some sweet pics when I sign the papers.

- Alex
Or he'll let people with curiosity test drive the car and mess up your break-in period!!!! hahaha
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #3885
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
'14 WW Evo X GSR
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Or he'll let people with curiosity test drive the car and mess up your break-in period!!!! hahaha
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #3886
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Or he'll let people with curiosity test drive the car and mess up your break-in period!!!! hahaha
I have to say... you dont want that car in the showroom.

Think of all the 6 year olds with zippers on their coats!!!!

Oh god the horror... zippers everywhere...
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #3887
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post

I told my sales guy if this happens to just hold the car and I will grab it after the new year. He said that was fine, who knows, maybe they'll put it in the showroom and I can get some sweet pics when I sign the papers.

- Alex
If they did this or let anyone test drive it while it sits there for a week or two, I'd cancel my purchase. I'd be angry at all the random people that would be sitting in it while its on the showroom floor, and from random people running my odometer up / flooring it during test drives!
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #3888
BoostMasterZero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Just ordered a WRB sedan base w/ STi short-throw shifter, deck lid spoiler, and fog-light kit.

Dealer says 8-10 weeks. Now the wait begins
BoostMasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #3889
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
'14 WW Evo X GSR
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz904 View Post
I have to say... you dont want that car in the showroom.

Think of all the 6 year olds with zippers on their coats!!!!

Oh god the horror... zippers everywhere...


I could ask them to lock it, put up a sold and do not lean on sign....

Problem is I don't want it out in the parking lot if it snows...that would mean its either A. Going to have snow plowed around/near/against it or B. Some scumbag lot-boy is going to have to move the car before the storm...and you know that kid is going to beat the piss out of it.

Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #3890
BalboaT4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336635
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Superior, WI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
This allocation **** they are doing is dumb, just because I ordered from a small dealer I shouldn't be punished. Aug 15 I ordered a base Sti PBP with navi and see ppl would ordered in sept and oct getting vins and etas while I'm still on hold and have been for two months now. They need to fill the orders by when ordered.
The dealership I ordered from seems fairly low volume and they have had zero 2013 WRXs come in. I ordered 10/02 and now have an ETA of 12/17. It is a WRX limited with Nav so everybody saying orders are on hold for low volume dealers and Nav doesn't seem like totally the right explanation either.
BalboaT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #3891
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalboaT4 View Post
The dealership I ordered from seems fairly low volume and they have had zero 2013 WRXs come in. I ordered 10/02 and now have an ETA of 12/17. It is a WRX limited with Nav so everybody saying orders are on hold for low volume dealers and Nav doesn't seem like totally the right explanation either.
Even low volume dealers will get some allocation of 2013 WRX's. They may just get only 1 or 2, where some dealers might get 50.

The problem was, some dealers were exceeding their allocation. If your small dealership was allowed to order 2, and yours was the 3rd, you'd likely be put on hold because of it. That's the gist of what happened to a lot of people.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #3892
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
...[snip]....

I told my sales guy if this happens to just hold the car and I will grab it after the new year. He said that was fine, who knows, maybe they'll put it in the showroom and I can get some sweet pics when I sign the papers.

- Alex

Or he could try to sell it at MSRP and maybe get a taker, as you get slotted back in the wait and hold line.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #3893
eugesubu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180235
Join Date: May 2008
Default

picking my new black wrx up from Keene Subaru tomorrow, woot woot!!
eugesubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #3894
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Or he could try to sell it at MSRP and maybe get a taker, as you get slotted back in the wait and hold line.
I have to trust the dealer wouldn't be dumb enough to pull that.

The backlash from SOA would be bad news.

Nevermind, their dealership looking like a warzone after all the yelling and throwing things is done with.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #3895
BalboaT4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336635
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Superior, WI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz904 View Post
Even low volume dealers will get some allocation of 2013 WRX's. They may just get only 1 or 2, where some dealers might get 50.

The problem was, some dealers were exceeding their allocation. If your small dealership was allowed to order 2, and yours was the 3rd, you'd likely be put on hold because of it. That's the gist of what happened to a lot of people.
That makes sense. I'm just glad I wasn't put on hold
BalboaT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #3896
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2003

Default

I just want my darn car to be here already. I don't want to wait till the 17th of December..
Just want to drive around and stare at my wing in the rear view mirror and enjoy my all black leather interior with the sunroof open in 5 degree weather.
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #3897
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletakahero View Post
I just want my darn car to be here already. I don't want to wait till the 17th of December..
Just want to drive around and stare at my wing in the rear view mirror and enjoy my all black leather interior with the sunroof open in 5 degree weather.
Man at least you know your car is coming within a few weeks. I have NO CLUE when my car will be here. 7 weeks and counting.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #3898
GMR54
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328913
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Man at least you know your car is coming within a few weeks. I have NO CLUE when my car will be here. 7 weeks and counting.
This. Except this week will be week 14 My dealer is trying to convince me to remove the NAV from my order because they think it will result in a sooner delivery.
GMR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #3899
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR54 View Post
This. Except this week will be week 14 My dealer is trying to convince me to remove the NAV from my order because they think it will result in a sooner delivery.
Man if I was you I'd remove the NAV lol. I wish there was something I could do to speed up my order. Oh well I'm holding my head up because my salesman said I am the very first allocation for January so crossing my fingers that's when my car will be here. That will make my wait period 12weeks-16weeks. And I am definitely going to use this unexpected delay to do some more haggling with them when we finalize the paperwork
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #3900
GMR54
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328913
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
WRB

Default

im debating it. My main reason for not doing it is i want satellite radio. The factory satellite radio has a stupid antenna that they mount to the upper right corner of the windshield, and if i go aftermarket i either have to slap the magnet on the roof and have it scratch the paint, or put it inside the car and risk poor signal quality. The nav is the only option with an integrated antenna that doesnt look like crap or wont scratch the paint
GMR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.