Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #3951
09WRXHATCH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207161
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island NY
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Wow that is very interesting and I can definately see that dealers can and will do that. Being that I ordered my car 14 days ago, I highly doubt that to be the situation. I did see the vehicle on their website 2 days ago as in transit and is not listed with the full list of options I ordered.

However, if I am being naive, I JUST WANT THIS CAR ALREADY!!!

and when spending 40,000 (rounded up) dollars on something, for an extra 500 bucks how can you walk away from a deal?

Again, like mentioned in the earlier post, I have no car and just got back into my home this past sunday(29 days on grandma's couch)

I yearn for the smile that rowing the gears on a Subie brings to all our faces.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
09WRXHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #3952
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Oh, yeah that's a totally different situation. The $500 extra is a no brainier if you just ordered and don't even have a car
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #3953
BoostMasterZero
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

First time Subaru owner here. I just ordered my car yesterday, but just for future reference how are you guys finding out what ship your car is on?
BoostMasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #3954
Bernjc3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250861
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakewood, CO
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

4 door WRB Base WRX
Ordered: 11/15
VON: 11/16
VIN:
ETA: ~16 weeks
Bernjc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #3955
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
I am not sure how they wouldn't know, unless they either never ordered a car before (so not history) or they don't pay attention. My dealer was very clear, he said that STIs have been over 10 weeks if we order and on average they have come in at around 12 weeks.

You would think the dealer would convey the experience they have had in ordering cars, delays, etc. It sounds like they are more interested in making the sale, if it means having to be a little less transparent about any delays or ordering problems.

Case in point, I went to my local dealer first (small inventory). He told me if I ordered now it is about 4-6 weeks. When I told the big state dealer that, he laughed, he said no one is getting any special orders STIs in 4-6 weeks. He said the best you can expect is 10 weeks and even that is being optimistic.
This problem started around the first of the summer. Depending on the trim that was ordered. We were saying the same thing, because SOA was telling us the same thing. They got overwhelmed over the last several months. They have come out recently and gave us an updated list of how long to expect a car to come in.

Not trying to defend them from anything, but we were in the same boat for a couple months on a few of our orders. We couldn't tell the customer any more than what our pipeline was telling us. 2 of the orders would say one month, then 2 weeks later get delayed to the next month. One of THOSE orders got pushed back another month(in the pipeline report). Yet, we had a couple base model sedans ordered and those came in normal 6 to 8 weeks. So, we DON'T know, really, until the car gets a VIN. Once it has a VIN, it can be tracked a little better.

What would you want us to tell you?
Now, we are saying what SOA said with the 12-16 weeks.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #3956
drewitup
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334293
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Wagon
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
First time Subaru owner here. I just ordered my car yesterday, but just for future reference how are you guys finding out what ship your car is on?
You're probably looking at 10-12 weeks or more based on the trim and options. That is based on my wait time (ordered on 10/3 eta 12/17) and others I've seen on this thread so far. Although you may get lucky.
drewitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #3957
drewitup
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334293
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Wagon
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewitup View Post

You're probably looking at 10-12 weeks or more based on the trim and options. That is based on my wait time (ordered on 10/3 eta 12/17) and others I've seen on this thread so far. Although you may get lucky.
Misread your post my bad. 😄
drewitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #3958
BoostMasterZero
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Ha its all good.
BoostMasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #3959
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
NTR_S

Default

Alright, new day...

Digitizedsoul, Any update on the boats?

Guy Hollywood, Rsaz904 -Any new updates about your cars?

Where are the other SNE guys?

Last edited by Abgrooms; 11-30-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #3960
dothatshht
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335243
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
13 WRX
SWP

Default

zOMG they left me a message at my moms house.. ITS REALLY COMING!!!! i need to call them back today because they said they would email me (which they haven't yet)


Ordered: 10/15
ETA: 6-8 Weeks
Boston Port Check-in: 11/26
ETA to be at Dealer: end of this week
ETA to pick up: 12/3-12/7
dothatshht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #3961
jamerjam
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207708
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DMG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
Alright, new day...

Digitizedsoul, Any update on the boats?

Guy Hollywood, Rsaz904 -Any new updates about your cars?

Where are the other SNE guys?
Rsaz and I think we are on the same boat. Same trim and color and our dealers are 2 hrs apart. I believe I am waiting on a port date that is suppose to come next week. And after port it's 10-14 days to dealer delivery. I am thinking the 3rd week in Dec, but is all conjecture at this point. Got a VIN and I know it's on a boat, that's it.
jamerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #3962
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothatshht View Post
zOMG they left me a message at my moms house.. ITS REALLY COMING!!!! i need to call them back today because they said they would email me (which they haven't yet)


Ordered: 10/15
ETA: 6-8 Weeks
Boston Port Check-in: 11/26
ETA to be at Dealer: end of this week
ETA to pick up: 12/3-12/7
dammit another order after me but is getting the car before me. SADNESSS!!!!jk grats.

For those on westcoast (specifically around the rocky mountain area) if your car has been shown in-transit recently it should be deliver around the last week of december. That's what I heard from my salesman when I inquired about a Limited WRX they put in-transit recently.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #3963
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
NTR_S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerjam View Post
Rsaz and I think we are on the same boat. Same trim and color and our dealers are 2 hrs apart. I believe I am waiting on a port date that is suppose to come next week. And after port it's 10-14 days to dealer delivery. I am thinking the 3rd week in Dec, but is all conjecture at this point. Got a VIN and I know it's on a boat, that's it.

When my car showed up with a VIN and listed as "In transit", my dealer told me that means its built and probably on a ship, but they don't know what ship or even if its left Japan yet...

Seeing as the car showed up on the site between the 11/17-19, I figure it has to be on the Meridian.

Time frame makes sense, right? When did your cars show up on the dealer site? Do you know if the dealers upload them manually or if the inventorys filled automatically when the order recieves a VIN?

Last edited by Abgrooms; 11-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #3964
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
NTR_S

Default

The Meridian Ace is now Anchored in Virginia at the Norfolk Port.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...36.924&zoom=14

Search Meridian Ace in the "Go to Vessel" Box
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #3965
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307227
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Default

No new updates yet. Latest info was that it was on a boat scheduled to arrive at port 12/6. I'm just assuming Meridian Ace as that seems about when it will get to New England based on previous boats schedules.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #3966
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
Alright, new day...

Digitizedsoul, Any update on the boats?

Guy Hollywood, Rsaz904 -Any new updates about your cars?

Where are the other SNE guys?
I called my dealer yesterday (or the day before?) and was told that my car was on a boat, scheduled to port on Dec 6th. And it would be up to two weeks after that before it arrived at the dealership.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #3967
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
When my car showed up with a VIN and listed as "In transit", my dealer told me that means its built and probably on a ship, but they don't know what ship or even if its left Japan yet...

Seeing as the car showed up on the site between the 11/17-19, I figure it has to be on the Meridian.

Time frame makes sense, right? When did your cars show up on the dealer site? Do you know if the dealers upload them manually or if the inventorys filled automatically when the order recieves a VIN?
Mine showed up on the site a couple weeks prior to that, and I got a vin around the first week of November. I originally thought I was on the LEO LEADER, and I'm more than likely on the Meridian Ace. If you didn't show up until 11/17, you might be on the next boat, no idea which one. Once your car is on the boat, the dealer should be able to tell you what the port date is.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #3968
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hollywood View Post
No new updates yet. Latest info was that it was on a boat scheduled to arrive at port 12/6. I'm just assuming Meridian Ace as that seems about when it will get to New England based on previous boats schedules.
Same exact info for me, just was told this from the dealer recently.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #3969
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Just got a call and after two months of being on hold I still don't have an exact date but atleast a December eta. Said I should get an exact date in the next couple days.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #3970
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Oh and I'm one of the Aug15th orders.

PBP STI sedan base with navi.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #3971
Red081
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332591
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan Prem
SWP - 01/08!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
Just got a call and after two months of being on hold I still don't have an exact date but atleast a December eta. Said I should get an exact date in the next couple days.
Nice!
Red081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #3972
dothatshht
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335243
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
13 WRX
SWP

Default

Car is there, exhaust hasn't been put in yet. Gave me the option of picking up tomorrow and bringing back Tuesday/Wednesday to have the exhaust put on. or I can wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to pick up.

Told him I'd wait since I've waited this long already, and see how others have been waiting even longer. A few days wont kill me.

will post pic when I get it

GL to everyone else
dothatshht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #3973
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothatshht View Post
Car is there, exhaust hasn't been put in yet. Gave me the option of picking up tomorrow and bringing back Tuesday/Wednesday to have the exhaust put on. or I can wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to pick up.

Told him I'd wait since I've waited this long already, and see how others have been waiting even longer. A few days wont kill me.

will post pic when I get it

GL to everyone else
Tell them to give you the SPT exhaust and do the install yourself!
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #3974
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
NTR_S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
Tell them to give you the SPT exhaust and do the install yourself!
Right! Agreed. Maybe drive the car around a bit on the OEM exhaust, wait in'till summer to install the SPT.

Congrats!
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #3975
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
Right! Agreed. Maybe drive the car around a bit on the OEM exhaust, wait in'till summer to install the SPT.

Congrats!
Probably isn't the best idea. You want to let the ECU break in with the exaust.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.