Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #4976
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketcheroo View Post
Which dealer did you order from? Why didn't you order from a dealer in the bay?
I was down to Serramonte and Carlsen 2 weeks ago and both offered invoice. I then expanded my search to socal and found Irvine Subaru had exactly what I was going to order already in transit. Called them up and they offered me invoice and said I could hold it with $100 deposit so it was a no-brainer for me.

They have the largest inventory of WRX/STi's in California. They had 48 when I was looking 2 weeks ago, looks like they've sold 20 since then. All of the other "big" dealers were closer to 20-25. Also, Desiree Farey is who I am working with there and I saw her listed as the top Subaru salesperson in 2010, so she obviously had no problem doing invoice and the whole thing has been hassle free so far. Downside is she's pretty busy so updates are rare, but with only a 4 week wait between ordering an ETA that's pretty minor.

I'm generally in socal every other weekend (my family is still down there for a few more months) so it's not a big deal for me to go down and pick it up. Plus I can drive PCH back to break it in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #4977
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Also, it's kind of impressive how many PBP's I've seen people taking delivery of lately and how few there are on dealer lots. I've literally seen one PBP hatch, other than the one I'm taking, during the last few months of perusing inventories. When I found that one (Santa Monica) I drove by the dealer to check it out to make sure it's what I wanted and was very happy with it. Didn't have Nav though so I didn't buy it.

I like having a rare car/color combo. STi's are pretty scarce in the Bay Area anyway though, I see maybe 3 a month. I did see 4 WRX's on my drive down to socal last weekend though, all SWP. I've never seen a PBP hatch on the road, and kinda like that.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #4978
gojira
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335613
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: philly
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
swp

Default

Just got an ETA of Feb 5th from my dealer. it's been a long wait.

Order - 9/25/12
von - 10/2/12

SWP 5door premium with nav + other options.

hip hip hooray
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #4979
imprezafreak3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 184136
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate,NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I've been driving on the stock summer tires too and they're fine on dry pavement but definitely slip like a mofo in the snow slow or not lol. Although the AWD helps a lot with traction so as long as you drive with common sense you should be fine. Don't be going 40mph in street wet and full of snow.

For people that got their WRX/STi already. Is your clutch's catch point really high? Mine is almost close to full release. Like 2/3 of the way up. I'm a new stick driver so I can see why it was a bit harder for me to get used to having to hold the clutch so high up. But I'm getting quite a bit better now that I'm used to this clutch. Just a thought and want to see if anyone else think alike.
release point on the wrx and Sti are a lot different. my 10' wrx was just like you're describing, but when driving my buddies 11' STi the release point is a lot sooner. My current 12' si is just like the sti so that'll make it a lot easier hopping in my 13' sti.
imprezafreak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #4980
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
I was down to Serramonte and Carlsen 2 weeks ago and both offered invoice. I then expanded my search to socal and found Irvine Subaru had exactly what I was going to order already in transit. Called them up and they offered me invoice and said I could hold it with $100 deposit so it was a no-brainer for me.

They have the largest inventory of WRX/STi's in California. They had 48 when I was looking 2 weeks ago, looks like they've sold 20 since then. All of the other "big" dealers were closer to 20-25. Also, Desiree Farey is who I am working with there and I saw her listed as the top Subaru salesperson in 2010, so she obviously had no problem doing invoice and the whole thing has been hassle free so far. Downside is she's pretty busy so updates are rare, but with only a 4 week wait between ordering an ETA that's pretty minor.

I'm generally in socal every other weekend (my family is still down there for a few more months) so it's not a big deal for me to go down and pick it up. Plus I can drive PCH back to break it in.
Very cool! You got a good deal and will have a nice drive back to the Bay
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #4981
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Anyways, my schedule date has arrived. Should I call my dealer for an update such as if the car is actually at the port or should I wait a few days? I hope I can graduate from this thread soon.

For those of you who recieved your car, how much longer do you think I will have to wait?
How long did it take to get a scheduled date?
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #4982
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojira View Post
Just got an ETA of Feb 5th from my dealer. it's been a long wait.

Order - 9/25/12
von - 10/2/12

SWP 5door premium with nav + other options.

hip hip hooray
Congrats! That is a really long wait
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #4983
evoq007
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90875
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boxford, Ma
Vehicle:
2013 4dr STi
SWP

Default

Car: '13 STi 4-door SWP no options
Ordered: 9/12/12
VON: 9/12/12
VIN: 11/25/12
1st ETA: 12/22/12

No news as of today
evoq007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #4984
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87

How long did it take to get a scheduled date?
2.5 months
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #4985
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Also, it's kind of impressive how many PBP's I've seen people taking delivery of lately and how few there are on dealer lots. I've literally seen one PBP hatch, other than the one I'm taking, during the last few months of perusing inventories. When I found that one (Santa Monica) I drove by the dealer to check it out to make sure it's what I wanted and was very happy with it. Didn't have Nav though so I didn't buy it.

I like having a rare car/color combo. STi's are pretty scarce in the Bay Area anyway though, I see maybe 3 a month. I did see 4 WRX's on my drive down to socal last weekend though, all SWP. I've never seen a PBP hatch on the road, and kinda like that.
Just peruse through the whole 2011/2012 WRX and STi picture thread and you'll be suprised by the lack of the PBP. I swear I see a lot of people getting them in this thread, but I have yet to really see many people mod them much or brag about them in that thread.

A lot of people say it looks purple, but that's only in direct sun light. To me it looks like a very dark blue, almost a black at night ; then a deep blue during the day. I actually haven't seen too much purple in it . I don't really care for hatchbacks, but I too chose PBP to try and be a bit more unique.

A bit off topic (since I was talking about the lack of modded PBP STis), but y'all might want to check out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2392194 , crazy special going on right now. I wasn't even planning on getting a front lip any time soon, but $68 shipped is hard to beat. Just a heads up for people that are still waiting
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #4986
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

****in **** ****. My eta has been bumped to 1/17 from 1/14. Jesus
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4987
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

WEEK 10 UPDATE: It's Here....so this is my last post in this thread.


My dealer called me today and said it arrived and I can come and pick it up. I head up there tomorrow to pick it up.


STI 5dr (black) No Nav

Order Location: Tampa, FL
Order Date: 10/20/2012
VON on: 10/22/2012
VIN on: 11/23/2012
ETA: 12/31/2012 10 weeks.
Released: 12/26/2012

Arrived: 1/2/2013

Deposit: $500
Financing: None / CASH
Trade in: Legacy GT 09


Good luck and keep calm. It will come and it is worth the wait.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #4988
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
WEEK 10 UPDATE: It's Here....so this is my last post in this thread.


My dealer called me today and said it arrived and I can come and pick it up. I head up there tomorrow to pick it up.


STI 5dr (black) No Nav

Order Location: Tampa, FL
Order Date: 10/20/2012
VON on: 10/22/2012
VIN on: 11/23/2012
ETA: 12/31/2012 10 weeks.
Released: 12/26/2012

Arrived: 1/2/2013

Deposit: $500
Financing: None / CASH
Trade in: Legacy GT 09


Good luck and keep calm. It will come and it is worth the wait.
Congrats that was pretty quick relative to other people here!
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #4989
Toombs
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 340935
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2001 RS
2013 WRX STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketcheroo View Post
Congrats that was pretty quick relative to other people here!
I believe it has to do with the no Navi option which is word of mouth from a dealership.

Ordered myself an 2013 STi in late dec even on the heels of the new model (2014-2015?), would still wait a year for Subaru to work the bugs out of a major 1st year remodel. I hope mine comes in soon but not too soon where I have to purchase winter tires for a month!
Toombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #4990
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toombs View Post
I believe it has to do with the no Navi option which is word of mouth from a dealership.

Ordered myself an 2013 STi in late dec even on the heels of the new model (2014-2015?), would still wait a year for Subaru to work the bugs out of a major 1st year remodel. I hope mine comes in soon but not too soon where I have to purchase winter tires for a month!
I guess we'll be right next to each other on the assembly line. ugh!
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #4991
gojira
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335613
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: philly
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
swp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toombs View Post

I believe it has to do with the no Navi option which is word of mouth from a dealership.

Ordered myself an 2013 STi in late dec even on the heels of the new model (2014-2015?), would still wait a year for Subaru to work the bugs out of a major 1st year remodel. I hope mine comes in soon but not too soon where I have to purchase winter tires for a month!
My exact same dilemma, not quite sure if I should change it for just a month. Philly weather, we might not even get snow
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #4992
Speeddemon420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334964
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW Texas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
Just peruse through the whole 2011/2012 WRX and STi picture thread and you'll be suprised by the lack of the PBP. I swear I see a lot of people getting them in this thread, but I have yet to really see many people mod them much or brag about them in that thread.

A lot of people say it looks purple, but that's only in direct sun light. To me it looks like a very dark blue, almost a black at night ; then a deep blue during the day. I actually haven't seen too much purple in it . I don't really care for hatchbacks, but I too chose PBP to try and be a bit more unique.

A bit off topic (since I was talking about the lack of modded PBP STis), but y'all might want to check out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2392194 , crazy special going on right now. I wasn't even planning on getting a front lip any time soon, but $68 shipped is hard to beat. Just a heads up for people that are still waiting
Appreciate you loooking out. I will be picking one up at that price.
Speeddemon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #4993
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Reached 100 miles while driving back from the dealer. Car is now all waxed up and polish so I'll be borrowing my friend DSLR camera tomorrow or friday and take some awesome pictures of it for you guys.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #4994
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Car: PBP STI Sedan base w/ Navi
Ordered: AUGUST 15TH @ 230PM
VON: AUGUST 15TH
VIN: DECEMBER 7TH
ETA: JANUARY 7TH

Checked today, still on track for January 7th, as long as its off the rails by friday I'm good.

Think I'm going to be the last "opening day" orderer out of here, but w/e, atleast Im actually going to get it lol.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #4995
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toombs View Post
I believe it has to do with the no Navi option which is word of mouth from a dealership.

Ordered myself an 2013 STi in late dec even on the heels of the new model (2014-2015?), would still wait a year for Subaru to work the bugs out of a major 1st year remodel. I hope mine comes in soon but not too soon where I have to purchase winter tires for a month!
No dude, that's not the reason....... Trust me you will wait at least 3 months
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #4996
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon420 View Post
Appreciate you loooking out. I will be picking one up at that price.
Yah, hopefully it isn't a scam :P

Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #4997
Paco1807
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298031
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI 5-Door
DGM

Unhappy no VON

I order the 1st week in December in upstate ny and talked to my dealer yesterday and was told that they still don't have a VON. the excuse was that subaru is busy with year end sales so they have not assign one yet. any one else have the same problem.
Paco1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #4998
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco1807 View Post
I order the 1st week in December in upstate ny and talked to my dealer yesterday and was told that they still don't have a VON. the excuse was that subaru is busy with year end sales so they have not assign one yet. any one else have the same problem.
You should get your VoN at the time you order. That means your dealer hasn't even submitted an order form to SoA.
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #4999
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
Yah, hopefully it isn't a scam :P

I originally wanted a front lip too. But the idea of having to drill the front bumper kind of pushed me away from it. I wish there was a V-lip that fit on OEM holes.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #5000
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

UPDATE:

I know most of my brothers have moved on already, so no one is really following my saga anymore, but I now have a VIN, and yesterday dealer gave me a 2012 outback limited to drive until mine gets here. I have an ETA of 2/3/13 now, but it will probably arrive in January.

Saturday will be exactly 4 months since ordering, and I ordered a full month prior to subaru's 4 month delay putting me outside that window. Also if the car actually does take until february to come in, it will be 5 months.

This is not something i'll ever repeat, nor is it something I would ever in good conscious recommend, to anyone I like at least.
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.