Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #5001
Red081
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332591
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan Prem
SWP - 01/08!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
UPDATE:

I know most of my brothers have moved on already, so no one is really following my saga anymore, but I now have a VIN, and yesterday dealer gave me a 2012 outback limited to drive until mine gets here. I have an ETA of 2/3/13 now, but it will probably arrive in January.

Saturday will be exactly 4 months since ordering, and I ordered a full month prior to subaru's 4 month delay putting me outside that window. Also if the car actually does take until february to come in, it will be 5 months.

This is not something i'll ever repeat, nor is it something I would ever in good conscious recommend, to anyone I like at least.
I thought you ordered 10/05? If so, that's a 4 month wait, not 5, which is pretty typical for those ordering with Nav. I ordered 09/08 and my ETA is 01/13.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Red081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #5002
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

Ok so it's typical, so what do you think that helps, that just makes it worse lol.

The fact that they are taking this long for everyone is much worse then just me, one customer. I would NOT recommend this to anyone I like, as previously stated.

Whether or not my experience has been unique, it has sucked and marred my opinion of subaru's american division completely. Because of where I work there will be editorials about this, it will not go un-journalised.
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #5003
Red081
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332591
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan Prem
SWP - 01/08!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
Ok so it's typical, so what do you think that helps, that just makes it worse lol.

The fact that they are taking this long for everyone is much worse then just me, one customer. I would NOT recommend this to anyone I like, as previously stated.

Whether or not my experience has been unique, it has sucked and marred my opinion of subaru's american division completely. Because of where I work there will be editorials about this, it will not go un-journalised.
I'm not disagreeing with you, this whole process has been miserable and there are definitely things that SOA can do to improve the process (online tracking!, fix allocations). I guess I'm a little more optimistic than you though. In order to get the car that I want and at a much better price than what's in stock at the dealer, I have to wait a few months.
Red081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #5004
Paco1807
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298031
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI 5-Door
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
You should get your VoN at the time you order. That means your dealer hasn't even submitted an order form to SoA.
since mine is SDC not from SOA do you think it might be a reason I don't have VON.
Paco1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #5005
Apedz215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328682
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco1807 View Post

since mine is SDC not from SOA do you think it might be a reason I don't have VON.
Im sdc also, they dont give vons, they give these control numbers which dont really mean much, im currently at 11 weeks waiting, no vin but just got my allocation number this week. And dont bother calling soa, thell tell you to call sdc since they have no info, if you call sdc theyll tell you to call soa.
Apedz215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #5006
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
Ok so it's typical, so what do you think that helps, that just makes it worse lol.

The fact that they are taking this long for everyone is much worse then just me, one customer. I would NOT recommend this to anyone I like, as previously stated.

Whether or not my experience has been unique, it has sucked and marred my opinion of subaru's american division completely. Because of where I work there will be editorials about this, it will not go un-journalised.
POST LINKS
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #5007
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

that will be up to the chief editor, it might be published and if so i won't be able to
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #5008
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
UPDATE:

I know most of my brothers have moved on already, so no one is really following my saga anymore, but I now have a VIN, and yesterday dealer gave me a 2012 outback limited to drive until mine gets here. I have an ETA of 2/3/13 now, but it will probably arrive in January.

Saturday will be exactly 4 months since ordering, and I ordered a full month prior to subaru's 4 month delay putting me outside that window. Also if the car actually does take until february to come in, it will be 5 months.

This is not something i'll ever repeat, nor is it something I would ever in good conscious recommend, to anyone I like at least.
Tell us how you feel after having the exact car you want with the right color, options, etc and driving it for 6 months. The wait sucks but everyone around here seems to think it's worth it after they get the car.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #5009
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

I'm telling anyone reading how I feel now, that's what a forum is for.
I'm going through THIS experience now, so i'm expressing an opinion on said experience.

I'll express one on the car whenever it gets here, and anyone reading will read that one as well.

Best way out of my opinions is to not read them I guess? based on the above facts.
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #5010
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
I'm telling anyone reading how I feel now, that's what a forum is for.
I'm going through THIS experience now, so i'm expressing an opinion on said experience.

I'll express one on the car whenever it gets here, and anyone reading will read that one as well.

Best way out of my opinions is to not read them I guess? based on the above facts.
Dude, I agree man. Hopefully your car gets here soon. The dealer pushed my ETA back THREE DAYS! ****. 1/17 now.

Good news is, my exhaust and blue batmobile overlays came in today
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #5011
psupunk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
The dealer pushed my ETA back THREE DAYS! ****. 1/17 now.
Oh crap, i hope that doesn't happen to me too (i also have an ETA of 1/14). Where are you located?
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #5012
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
I'm telling anyone reading how I feel now, that's what a forum is for.
I'm going through THIS experience now, so i'm expressing an opinion on said experience.

I'll express one on the car whenever it gets here, and anyone reading will read that one as well.

Best way out of my opinions is to not read them I guess? based on the above facts.
Oh you're entitled to have your opinion and express it, just as I can respond to it however I feel like.

But really all I was trying to say is that you seem really upset about this whole process and are talking about never doing it again but the best part hasn't even happened yet. For most people it seems like getting the car offsets the pain of waiting and I was actually trying to help you see the light at the end of the tunnel, not criticize you. A year from now you'll forget all about waiting for 4 months.

But if you want to run around as mr grumpypants that's fine by me.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #5013
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupunk View Post
Oh crap, i hope that doesn't happen to me too (i also have an ETA of 1/14). Where are you located?
Maryland, You?
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #5014
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

ha grumpypants i wish my wife stuck with something that light you should hear what she's been calling me LOL
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #5015
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post

Maryland, You?
Where did you order yours from?
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #5016
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I originally wanted a front lip too. But the idea of having to drill the front bumper kind of pushed me away from it. I wish there was a V-lip that fit on OEM holes.
They're holes under the bumper that you can't even see if you take it off, I wouldn't worry too much . It will feel weird drilling holes into my brand new car though.
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #5017
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
Where did you order yours from?
Gaithersburg
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #5018
Horuku
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitizedsoul View Post
Ok so it's typical, so what do you think that helps, that just makes it worse lol.

The fact that they are taking this long for everyone is much worse then just me, one customer. I would NOT recommend this to anyone I like, as previously stated.

Whether or not my experience has been unique, it has sucked and marred my opinion of subaru's american division completely. Because of where I work there will be editorials about this, it will not go un-journalised.
Your wait sucks, however you could have gone through other options if you're impatient. Did you consider cancelling your order and going out of state? When I ordered in October I was fully prepared to wait until February (4+ months), yet Heuberger got me my car in 1.5 months. If there is anything to be learned here, it's to place your orders with the biggest dealer you are comfortable flying / driving to.

The wait is worth it, if you know what you want. I know I'll have this car for many many years to come and so waiting 6 months for it wouldn't have bothered me. I feel that being impatient and getting upset at SoA is pointless. If it's a car you really want you shouldn't mind waiting for it. Why haven't you cancelled your order yet and gone and bought some other econobox?
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #5019
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
Your wait sucks, however you could have gone through other options if you're impatient. Did you consider cancelling your order and going out of state? When I ordered in October I was fully prepared to wait until February (4+ months), yet Heuberger got me my car in 1.5 months. If there is anything to be learned here, it's to place your orders with the biggest dealer you are comfortable flying / driving to.

The wait is worth it, if you know what you want. I know I'll have this car for many many years to come and so waiting 6 months for it wouldn't have bothered me. I feel that being impatient and getting upset at SoA is pointless. If it's a car you really want you shouldn't mind waiting for it. Why haven't you cancelled your order yet and gone and bought some other econobox?
The STi is so modified that I wouldn't call an STi an econobox.. it gets 23 mpg on the highway
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #5020
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

if I did that, how could I continue this epic troll?
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #5021
Speeddemon420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334964
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW Texas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Ordered my DGM Wrx on 9/29 With nav. When I ordered they said it would be December that I got the car. Just received an email stating it was allocated for January but he had no idea when it would be here. Frustrating
Speeddemon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #5022
psupunk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Maryland, You?
I'm just north of Philly, about 2 hours from Baltimore.
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #5023
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2013 STI SWP
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

I'm OUT!

2013 SWP STI (5 door)
Cargo tray, AW mats, Wheel locks, Security sensor, AD mirror w/compass.



Ordered: 9/29 (Beard Subaru. Hyannis, MA)
Von: 10/10
SNE Allocation Group: 1114
VIN#: 11/19
Port Date: 12/19
ETA: DEC
Delivery: 12/28
Picked up: 1/3/13











Picked it up with 10 miles, came in with 8. My salesman drove it 2 miles to fill the tank before I picked it up.

It was 11 degrees when I drove her off the lot, those heated seats are magical.

- Alex
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #5024
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
I'm OUT!

2013 SWP STI (5 door)
Cargo tray, AW mats, Wheel locks, Security sensor, AD mirror w/compass.



Ordered: 9/29 (Beard Subaru. Hyannis, MA)
Von: 10/10
SNE Allocation Group: 1114
VIN#: 11/19
Port Date: 12/19
ETA: DEC
Delivery: 12/28
Picked up: 1/3/13











Picked it up with 10 miles, came in with 8. My salesman drove it 2 miles to fill the tank before I picked it up.

It was 11 degrees when I drove her off the lot, those heated seats are magical.

- Alex
Congrats, looks awesome
sketcheroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #5025
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
I'm OUT!

2013 SWP STI (5 door)
Cargo tray, AW mats, Wheel locks, Security sensor, AD mirror w/compass.



Ordered: 9/29 (Beard Subaru. Hyannis, MA)
Von: 10/10
SNE Allocation Group: 1114
VIN#: 11/19
Port Date: 12/19
ETA: DEC
Delivery: 12/28
Picked up: 1/3/13











Picked it up with 10 miles, came in with 8. My salesman drove it 2 miles to fill the tank before I picked it up.

It was 11 degrees when I drove her off the lot, those heated seats are magical.

- Alex
Looks absolutely fantastic. Congrats!
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.