Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #576
unequal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124878
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
'13 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I can FINALLY post in this thread! Got the ball rolling on my first ever Subaru, a 2013 satin white pearl 5-door WRX. I put $200 down so they can place the order at the open of business on Tuesday.

Details:
2013 5-door SWP WRX
SPT Exhaust
Extended Armrest
AW Mats
Cargo Tray
Wheel Locks
Bumper Cover
$200 under invoice

I was really surprised how difficult it was to get under invoice. I visited three area dealers and it was a pain just to get them down to invoice. I think they've been placing a ton of orders lately and have people that are not willing to take the extra days/weeks to negotiate low.

My associate showed me how Subarunet works and how he would check on the status of my order. He showed me an order that was placed earlier in the day (SWP 4-door) and it had an estimated delivery of December...yikes!
Which dealer did you place you orfer?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
unequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #577
UTony
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330023
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW
Default

I placed my order today! 2013 4-door DGM STI. Only accessory I got was the navigation. I was able to get it at invoice. Only dealership in DFW that was willing to go down to invoice.

Now the long wait as I got an arrival date in December!!
UTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #578
WideBody
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
13 FR-S

Default

Does anyone know if the cars that show up in the local dealers' inventories are for sale or if they are other people's ordered cars that just show up in their system? A local dealer is getting a DGM base sedan with NAV and fog lights and I would definitely like to see if I can work out a deal on it. Not sure on when they're getting it since it says "in transit" but if I can get a car with the options that I want sooner for a similar price compared to an ordered one I might as well do it.

I plan on calling them about it, but they're closed now for the weekend.
WideBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #579
voodeaux
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326876
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Burnside, LA
Vehicle:
'13 WRX hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideBody View Post
Does anyone know if the cars that show up in the local dealers' inventories are for sale or if they are other people's ordered cars that just show up in their system? A local dealer is getting a DGM base sedan with NAV and fog lights and I would definitely like to see if I can work out a deal on it. Not sure on when they're getting it since it says "in transit" but if I can get a car with the options that I want sooner for a similar price compared to an ordered one I might as well do it.

I plan on calling them about it, but they're closed now for the weekend.
They are for sale. Sold Orders do not show up in their inventory.
voodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #580
foxonwheels
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329372
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unequal View Post
Which dealer did you place you orfer?
Order was placed at Reedman Toll in Langhorne. They were definitely the most honest and least sneaky dealer I had visited in my search, and they gave me the best price.
foxonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #581
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodeaux View Post
They are for sale. Sold Orders do not show up in their inventory.
Not true. I've called on many of these "in transit" orders and they are already sold. "Oh, sorry that is an ordered car. Not sure why it showed up on the website?" - Answer I would always get. Still call on them though because you never know.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #582
voodeaux
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326876
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Burnside, LA
Vehicle:
'13 WRX hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Not true. I've called on many of these "in transit" orders and they are already sold. "Oh, sorry that is an ordered car. Not sure why it showed up on the website?" - Answer I would always get. Still call on them though because you never know.
Strange, as they are not supposed to show up. I'll keep an eye out for mine.
voodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #583
jake1191
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326058
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Elkland, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
WR Pearl Blue

Default

Anyone beside me picked up and driving a 2013 yet?
jake1191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #584
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodeaux View Post
Strange, as they are not supposed to show up. I'll keep an eye out for mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Not true. I've called on many of these "in transit" orders and they are already sold. "Oh, sorry that is an ordered car. Not sure why it showed up on the website?" - Answer I would always get. Still call on them though because you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodeaux View Post
They are for sale. Sold Orders do not show up in their inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WideBody View Post
Does anyone know if the cars that show up in the local dealers' inventories are for sale or if they are other people's ordered cars that just show up in their system? A local dealer is getting a DGM base sedan with NAV and fog lights and I would definitely like to see if I can work out a deal on it. Not sure on when they're getting it since it says "in transit" but if I can get a car with the options that I want sooner for a similar price compared to an ordered one I might as well do it.

I plan on calling them about it, but they're closed now for the weekend.

Here is reality for any dealership that is part of SoA:

A true Sold Order will never show up on their website.
If the dealer earns a car for stock, but a customer leaves a deposit on it, the dealer is supposed to "reserve" that car so it gets removed from the website and the internal search engine we have to locate cars.

Many dealers do not "reserve" the car when they take the deposit. It is not because they are lazy, rather because they want to generate phone calls and have people show up looking for that car. If they "reserve" it no one will see it.

I always reserve my sold cars for 2 reasons:

Honesty (not wasting peoples time)
Not wanting to field phone calls from other dealers hoping to trade me for those cars. Reserving them takes them out of the dealer only search. I already have to do 30-40 dealer trades a month and would rather not be called by 2934862935 dealers because they think I have a car that is already sold.

Hope that clears that up for you nasiocers

Happy Weekend

Mike
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #585
Mr.BreakIt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330197
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

I ordered a DGM STI w/ nav and fog lights. Expected delivery - month of November. Dealer dropped $1000 for the nav and I paid A little over invoice.
Mr.BreakIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #586
GtEcH25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329813
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bloomington, IN
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
ISM

Default

I called yesterday and the dealer said the expected delivery date for my '13 5-door ISM is 9/14 instead of 9/19. Moved up 5 days! I'm getting pretty anxious now.
GtEcH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #587
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BreakIt View Post
I ordered a DGM STI w/ nav and fog lights. Expected delivery - month of November. Dealer dropped $1000 for the nav and I paid A little over invoice.
U didnt pay extra for the fog lights right? They come standard if you get navigation so you should not get charged for them. Just checking so u don't get screwed...
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #588
foxonwheels
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329372
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Anybody know if color factors into delivery time?
foxonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #589
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
Anybody know if color factors into delivery time?

Yes it does
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #590
jake1191
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326058
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Elkland, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
WR Pearl Blue

Default

Just a pic to make the wait feel even longer.

jake1191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #591
mattw278
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276165
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chapel Hill
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4-Door
Crystal Black Silica

Default

Finally made up my mind, I want a STi Sedan, I'll be ordering it this month. I just can't decide on the color! I am stuck between DGM, CBS, and WRB. I am a little worried that with the CBS I will have to clean it every 5 minutes. DGM is nice, but isn't as good looking as a cleaned up CBS STi. WRB is great looking too but I think I want something a little more stealth.
mattw278 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #592
gmhl10
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 158695
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 GVB STi
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
U didnt pay extra for the fog lights right? They come standard if you get navigation so you should not get charged for them. Just checking so u don't get screwed...
That's not true. Fog lights are standard on 4dr STi only on the limited models, not because you ordered a nav package.
gmhl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #593
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
That's not true. Fog lights are standard on 4dr STi only on the limited models, not because you ordered a nav package.
Winner winner chicken dinner!]

EDIT: Nope

Last edited by Evanston Subaru; 09-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #594
Plasmabluewrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318280
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

I couldn't help but lol picturing the waving arm wind guy with the salesman standing there saying "act now, free fogs with every nav order!"
Plasmabluewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #595
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
That's not true. Fog lights are standard on 4dr STi only on the limited models, not because you ordered a nav package.
Want to bet me?? Go to subaru website, build your own base model STI, add a Navi and then go to accessories. The fog lights will show up as standard after adding the Navi. I also ordered my 2013 base STI sedan through the dealer like this and he also said I would get the fog lights with the navigation package. Maybe on the Limited they come on there no matter what, but they aren't standard on the base unless you do navi. He also didn't say Limited in his post so I'm assuming he got the base model.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #596
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
Want to bet me?? Go to subaru website, build your own base model STI, add a Navi and then go to accessories. The fog lights will show up as standard after adding the Navi. I also ordered my 2013 base STI sedan through the dealer like this and he also said I would get the fog lights with the navigation package. Maybe on the Limited they come on there no matter what, but they aren't standard on the base unless you do navi. He also didn't say Limited in his post so I'm assuming he got the base model.

Okay I will not bet you! LOL

I just tried submitting a faux factory order for a base STi 4door. When I added the navi and went to the next screen where the accessories get added, there was no option for fog lights.

You win!

Last edited by Evanston Subaru; 09-03-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: I failed
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #597
mxryder20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331040
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle:
1993 honda

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I can FINALLY post in this thread! Got the ball rolling on my first ever Subaru, a 2013 satin white pearl 5-door WRX. I put $200 down so they can place the order at the open of business on Tuesday.

Details:
2013 5-door SWP WRX
SPT Exhaust
Extended Armrest
AW Mats
Cargo Tray
Wheel Locks
Bumper Cover
$200 under invoice

I was really surprised how difficult it was to get under invoice. I visited three area dealers and it was a pain just to get them down to invoice. I think they've been placing a ton of orders lately and have people that are not willing to take the extra days/weeks to negotiate low.

My associate showed me how Subarunet works and how he would check on the status of my order. He showed me an order that was placed earlier in the day (SWP 4-door) and it had an estimated delivery of December...yikes!
Hey that was my SWP 4-door order you mentioned. Yeah Reedmans was great. They were the only was who weren't pushy. Also my first Subaru. December can't come fast enough.
mxryder20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #598
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
Okay I will not bet you! LOL

I just tried submitting a faux factory order for a base STi 4door. When I added the navi and went to the next screen where the accessories get added, there was no option for fog lights.

You win!
Siclos > ALL

/flex
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #599
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siclos View Post
Siclos > ALL

/flex

Lmao. All the training material and brochures make no mention of this. I was about to call you out until I tried the mock order...

LIKE A BOSS

Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #600
Siclos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327863
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

^ Lol
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.