Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #6576
DownhillPhil
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346655
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Pacific Northwest
Vehicle:
2013 STI SE
TOP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
^Congrats on getting one of the Tangerine Special Editions! Those coming out of Japan? I thought I saw/heard that they were being put together here in the states.
No idea but I'm pretty excited. Bit of a long wait though.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DownhillPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #6577
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco1807 View Post
for those of you waiting shipment, the next arrival for Baltimore , then boston is the
ARTEMIS LEADER vessel. I believe my sti is in there.
My rough math indicates that it would take a month for the ship to get to Boston from Japan assuming minimal stops (and 20 mph). No way my car is on that one.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #6578
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

i must have got one already in line..

salesman just emailed me saying my car should be here at the end of the month!
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #6579
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
i must have got one already in line..

salesman just emailed me saying my car should be here at the end of the month!
Wow that was quick! Congrats!
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #6580
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

yeah, makes me kinda nervous since its only been a month...likey they traded for it or something. but i got the vin. thinking about calling SOA and asking for details on it
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #6581
Anubis80
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 341903
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STAGE 5
Blue Magic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
yeah, makes me kinda nervous since its only been a month...likey they traded for it or something. but i got the vin. thinking about calling SOA and asking for details on it
Probably a non issue man, must have been in the pipeline already. Depends on options, which other that navi shouldnt matter with shipment.

I did call SOA about mine though when my ETA went from april to feb 26th. That did make me nervous i was getting some test drive mule
Anubis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #6582
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

well mine went from may to feb lol. i just kinda figured punkndrublic would have gotten his before me since we ordered the same car.


buti do know if it has over 15miles on the odo i need to worry.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #6583
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
well mine went from may to feb lol. i just kinda figured punkndrublic would have gotten his before me since we ordered the same car.

buti do know if it has over 15miles on the odo i need to worry.
Yeah but you're SOA and I'm SDC... Idk if that has anything to do with cars already in the pipeline? Maybe SOA gets pipeline cars first over SDC?
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #6584
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

ah, maybe.

all i know is i dont have the money from insurance yet for a downpayment lol. good thing i can afford the payment without it lol
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #6585
Bernjc3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250861
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakewood, CO
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

And I'm out. Picked her up on 2/14, visited a friend for the weekend, and made the 19hr drive back to CO lastnight. Here she is at home after giving her a quick wash to get all the salt and snow off her.

Bernjc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #6586
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
ah, maybe.

all i know is i dont have the money from insurance yet for a downpayment lol. good thing i can afford the payment without it lol
Lol yeah I still have to put my car up for sale. Prolly do it Wednesday since cars seem to be coming in faster. I'm actually kind of glad mine isn't in yet... While I can afford the payments if I don't sell my car, ide rather have a lower payment lol.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #6587
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernjc3 View Post
And I'm out. Picked her up on 2/14, visited a friend for the weekend, and made the 19hr drive back to CO lastnight. Here she is at home after giving her a quick wash to get all the salt and snow off her.

Congrats! That's one he'll of a break in lol. How many miles you have on her so far?
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #6588
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post
Lol yeah I still have to put my car up for sale. Prolly do it Wednesday since cars seem to be coming in faster. I'm actually kind of glad mine isn't in yet... While I can afford the payments if I don't sell my car, ide rather have a lower payment lol.
lol yeah, thats why i went ahead and ordered it, because i thought i wasnt going to get it until may!

im wondering if after i finance it i put down the ~10k will it lower my payment, or will it just take time off the loan
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #6589
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

congrats bern!
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #6590
Bernjc3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250861
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakewood, CO
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post
Congrats! That's one he'll of a break in lol. How many miles you have on her so far?
I got the break in done with in Nebraska. I think there are ~1450 miles on her now I only live about a mile from work so there shouldn't be anymore major mileage until climbing season.
Bernjc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #6591
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernjc3 View Post

I got the break in done with in Nebraska. I think there are ~1450 miles on her now I only live about a mile from work so there shouldn't be anymore major mileage until climbing season.
Lol that's awesome.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #6592
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
lol yeah, thats why i went ahead and ordered it, because i thought i wasnt going to get it until may!

im wondering if after i finance it i put down the ~10k will it lower my payment, or will it just take time off the loan
I'm not sure. I think it depends on who you finance through. I know a lot of places just take time off the loan.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #6593
Anubis80
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 341903
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STAGE 5
Blue Magic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
well mine went from may to feb lol. i just kinda figured punkndrublic would have gotten his before me since we ordered the same car.

buti do know if it has over 15miles on the odo i need to worry.
Ahhh i forgot that. It cant hurt to call and give yourself peace of mind. 10 mins of your time. Hell thats what I did. I was nervous i was going to get a couple hundred mile WRX, and i would have to walk away.
Anubis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #6594
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis80 View Post

Ahhh i forgot that. It cant hurt to call and give yourself peace of mind. 10 mins of your time. Hell thats what I did. I was nervous i was going to get a couple hundred mile WRX, and i would have to walk away.
Yeah it definitely wouldn't hurt to call. I wouldn't want one that was used to test drives. My buddy got a dealer swap and they drive it up from nyc to the dealer near Albany and he had like 250 miles on it when he got it. That would have pissed me off and I would have walked away lol.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #6595
JustinPGH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344834
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-Door Lmtd
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
well mine went from may to feb lol. i just kinda figured punkndrublic would have gotten his before me since we ordered the same car.
My dealer said he saw a car do that this past week as well. He didn't make it sound like it was a pipeline/dealer trade though.

Gives me false hope! (Ordered 1/25)
JustinPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #6596
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post
I'm not sure. I think it depends on who you finance through. I know a lot of places just take time off the loan.
i know on my friends acura it he had is almost $500 payment down to around 100 by paying more.

and ive done it on other loans, but not a car loan.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #6597
Anubis80
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 341903
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STAGE 5
Blue Magic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

I'm at it sure. I think it depends on who you finance through. I know a lot of places just take time off the loan.
Nope, downpayment doesnt reduce the term only the amount of principle aka payment. Not sure of everyones credit, but check into it before you pour tons of money down.

I am putting $0 down and got a 1.49% rate for 72 months. Stupid for me to put down money when the entire lifetime interest on the loan is ~1,500 or so.
Anubis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #6598
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis80 View Post
Nope, downpayment doesnt reduce the term only the amount of principle aka payment. Not sure of everyones credit, but check into it before you pour tons of money down.

I am putting $0 down and got a 1.49% rate for 72 months. Stupid for me to put down money when the entire lifetime interest on the loan is ~1,500 or so.
talking about putting more down after you get the loan.

im going to try for better interest, but ive been approved before for 4.9% and he said he could ge it better. i messed my credit up a bit after i bought my house, but i still have a 660.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #6599
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

hmm...whats the number for SOA?
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #6600
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
talking about putting more down after you get the loan.

im going to try for better interest, but ive been approved before for 4.9% and he said he could ge it better. i messed my credit up a bit after i bought my house, but i still have a 660.
Yeah I've been in the process of trying to fix my credit. Made some stupid mistakes whe I was younger but I was able to get 3% through my credit union
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.