Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 31, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #7051
WRX_Mafia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343626
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Ken Caryl, CO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieLuvin View Post

DS had a long wait for his car and spent a LOT of time in this thread, I'm sure he was posting the link to update anyone that followed his journey getting his car that's still in the thread.

The cool story bro thing is about as gay as rainbows, Stahp.
Even cooler story bro.

Anyways, did anyone take delivery on their new ride on Saturday (yesterday)? If so post pics.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRX_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #7052
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBakes83 View Post
I'm currently deployed in the Army and I figured that if they are changing the design and engine for MY14, I should probably order a 2013 now... I sold my 2005 WRX right before deploying.

2013 Impreza WRX STi
Color: Sexy White Pearl
Ordered: 2/22/13
VON: 2/23/13
VIN: N/A
ETA: June '13

I'll return stateside in November of this year. The wait to get my car will realistically be around 9 months....
(Parents are picking it up and putting it in a storage unit until I come get back)
That's crazy. Its gonna be sitting in a storage unit for an extra 4 months waiting for you. I hope you return safe and sound to your car. I ordered the same, hatchback version on 12/31/12...
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #7053
McBakes83
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 196200
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: El Paso, TX (Ft Bliss)
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza STi
SWP Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
That's crazy. Its gonna be sitting in a storage unit for an extra 4 months waiting for you. I hope you return safe and sound to your car. I ordered the same, hatchback version on 12/31/12...
Yeah, it will. It's going to make my return home seem that much longer. But when I do make it back, it'll be sweeeeeet. In the mean time, I'll start ordering some parts. When did they quote your ETA?
McBakes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #7054
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBakes83 View Post

Yeah, it will. It's going to make my return home seem that much longer. But when I do make it back, it'll be sweeeeeet. In the mean time, I'll start ordering some parts. When did they quote your ETA?
... they stated that my ETA would be in May but that's a little longer than I expect, puts it closer to the 20 week mark when everyone is stating they are around the 12-16. I'm hoping I get final word soon and get it in early April
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #7055
McBakes83
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 196200
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: El Paso, TX (Ft Bliss)
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza STi
SWP Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
... they stated that my ETA would be in May but that's a little longer than I expect, puts it closer to the 20 week mark when everyone is stating they are around the 12-16. I'm hoping I get final word soon and get it in early April
Good luck getting it early! In my case, I kinda hope that I won't take delivery of it until October/November, that way it won't sit around forever...
McBakes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #7056
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default



i guess this officially takes me out of the order thread...

tint will be done monday morning, ordering exhaust, and rally armor mudflaps at that time aswell. hopefully they will be here by this weekend.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #7057
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

Was anyone else told there was an extended wait for swp?
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #7058
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

punkndrublic was.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #7059
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrkahn View Post
Was anyone else told there was an extended wait for swp?
Yeah my dealer told me SWP takes the longest when ordered due to it being so popular. I was quoted an average of 13 weeks and my sales guy said it could be less or could be more. I'm hoping for the less. I'll be at 7 weeks tomorrow and no new info since I ordered what so ever.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #7060
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

I was told they had another customer that's been waiting for 5 months for a swp but I figured it was just the dealer trying to make me to choose a different color that they could get sooner. I was originally open to wrb but after looking through the forums I decided I really want the white.
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #7061
lunnstoppable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337488
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Augusta, GA
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatch
Bite Me Brock SWP

Default

I'm taking delivery of my Swp at just over 17 weeks if that tells you anything.
lunnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #7062
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

Tells me that I'm f'ed
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #7063
Not-EWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 158043
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post


i guess this officially takes me out of the order thread...

tint will be done monday morning, ordering exhaust, and rally armor mudflaps at that time aswell. hopefully they will be here by this weekend.
So sexy, Glad I held out for the SWP hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrkahn View Post
Was anyone else told there was an extended wait for swp?
I was told 8-10 weeks I'm on week 10 with still no ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunnstoppable View Post
I'm taking delivery of my Swp at just over 17 weeks if that tells you anything.


What I don't get is: if they know SWP is such a popular color, why don't THEY PAINT MORE G.D. SWPs? Especially since so many are being specifically ordered. Dumb as hell IMO.
Not-EWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #7064
BrandonHtwo0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348212
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Portage, Indiana
Vehicle:
2013 STI Limited Sdn
SWP

Default

Hi Everyone.

First time poster, and figured to be on the NASIOC forums probably means I should pick up a Suby

I just put in an order yesterday for a 2013 SWP STi Limited with nav, subwoofer, homelink mirror, SPT exhaust, and the carbon fiber accents (B-pillars, trunk trim).

Car was $36,700, with options close to $39,000. I think I got it for a steal.

Now the wait begins... but we're trying to source one that is already on the ground and paying for shipping to have it sent to the store. Worst case, if anyone knows of one available with those options (or close to those options) let me know and I'd be willing to fly out.

Day 1 of the wait and its already killing me
BrandonHtwo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #7065
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrkahn View Post
I was told they had another customer that's been waiting for 5 months for a swp but I figured it was just the dealer trying to make me to choose a different color that they could get sooner. I was originally open to wrb but after looking through the forums I decided I really want the white.
It honestly just depends on the dealer, their allocation situation and region of the U.S. As to how fast it's going to go get to your dealer. I've seen some people with SWP get theirs in 5 weeks and some get theirs in 20 weeks.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #7066
builthatch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 185105
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near the ocean, NJ
Vehicle:
2009 C63 AMG
Palladium Silver

Default

i said screw it and got a C63 AMG. maybe some other day, Subaru.

will pay attention to the next gen though.

good luck everyone.
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #7067
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunnstoppable View Post
I'm taking delivery of my Swp at just over 17 weeks if that tells you anything.
Damn that sucks. I hope mine doest take that long.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #7068
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post

What I don't get is: if they know SWP is such a popular color, why don't THEY PAINT MORE G.D. SWPs? Especially since so many are being specifically ordered. Dumb as hell IMO.
I was thinking the same thing. My guess is... because it would make sense. Usually companies don't do thinks that make sense.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #7069
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

Brandonhtwo0: I just ordered mine Tuesday, same exact car. Looks like we are wait buddies
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #7070
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrkahn View Post

Punkndrublic04: I just ordered mine Tuesday. Looks like we are wait buddies
Yeah, except I'm 7 weeks into my wait already. I'm on my phone so I can't see, where are you located and what dealer did you order from?
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #7071
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

Yeah, except I'm 7 weeks into my wait already. I'm on my phone so I can't see, where are you located and what dealer did you order from?
I meant brandonhtwo0. I just realized and fixed it. Located in suffern ny. Ordered from Ramsey Subaru. What about you?
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #7072
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrkahn View Post

I meant brandonhtwo0. I just realized and fixed it. Located in suffern ny. Ordered from Ramsey Subaru. What about you?
I'm up by Albany, NY and ordered through Clayton at Ramsey Subaru too. When I ordered on January 14th he told me 13 weeks. I wonder why he told you 5 months? I might have to call him tomorrow and see if he expects my wait time to increase or if it's only for people who are ordering now.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #7073
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

One week since I ordered my DGM STI 5DR and still no vehicle. What the heck!?! Joking of course. Likely another 12 to 15 weeks to go. Ugh.

On a side note, I'm happy I went with DGM vs. SWP. By the looks of this Order Thread, there will be a small army of SWP Impreza's out there in a few short months!
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #7074
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
One week since I ordered my DGM STI 5DR and still no vehicle. What the heck!?! Joking of course. Likely another 12 to 15 weeks to go. Ugh.

On a side note, I'm happy I went with DGM vs. SWP. By the looks of this Order Thread, there will be a small army of SWP Impreza's out there in a few short months!
Hell yeah!! SWP representing! Lol

It's funny because by me I've only seen maybe 2 SWP wrx's. Most of them are wrb or dgm. But yeah by all means the SWP seems to be the most popular color.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #7075
hrkahn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343711
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Suffern, NY
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

I'm up by Albany, NY and ordered through Clayton at Ramsey Subaru too. When I ordered on January 14th he told me 13 weeks. I wonder why he told you 5 months? I might have to call him tomorrow and see if he expects my wait time to increase or if it's only for people who are ordering now.
I ordered through Cory. That's quite a drive just to see a dealer. Why did you pick Ramsey?
hrkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.