Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #801
White_ShadoWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332015
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

New to the forums but thought I would post what I'm getting my WRX for and what prices I'm seeing.

One dealer wouldn't budge so I passed on all those dealers. Make sure you use Truecar and don't be afraid to drive to get your WRX or STI because "Limited Inventory" are the words you're going to hear.

I'm getting my 2013 for (short throw, all weather floor mats, boost gage, vortex generator):
MSRP: $27,740
Selling Price: $26,370 without tax, tags, and fees.

There is an incoming 2013 Silver 4-Door I can put you in touch with, the dealer (guy) is offering:
2013 4-Door Silver WRX Base (short throw, all weather floor mats, boost gage, vortex generator)
MSRP: $27,470.00
selling price $25,512.00

Dealer Processing $199.00
VA. Sales Tax (3%) $777.33
MVA fees $177.75
Tags, Title, Reg. etc.
Total Price $26,667.08


Dealer that was getting the white one I wanted wouldn't match the other dealers price. Although that's an AWESOME price for a Silver WRX...just not my color.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
White_ShadoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #802
jandree22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100800
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: S Central PA
Default

Current 2013 owners... could someone please look in your owners manual to the oil specs section? Wondering if there's any verbiage about 5w-40 oil, or if only 5w30. just curious, thanks!
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #803
ucsbeyer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205199
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default

I've jumped on the wagon, order placed today at Timmons in Long Beach!

WRX Base Sedan, SWP

Ordered: 9/12
VON received: 9/12
VIN to be received: 9/26 (Est)
ETA: 6-8 weeks

Good luck to everyone.
ucsbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #804
dstorm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329237
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbeyer
I've jumped on the wagon, order placed today at Timmons in Long Beach!

WRX Base Sedan, SWP

Ordered: 9/12
VON received: 9/12
VIN to be received: 9/26 (Est)
ETA: 6-8 weeks

Good luck to everyone.
Welcome to the waiting pool! I would advise against using the word "wagon" at all times. How bout "I've jumped in the hatch?" or better yet, I've jumped on the bandhatch." Yes, that one.
dstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #805
PaulWalker
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_ShadoWRX View Post
New to the forums but thought I would post what I'm getting my WRX for and what prices I'm seeing.

One dealer wouldn't budge so I passed on all those dealers. Make sure you use Truecar and don't be afraid to drive to get your WRX or STI because "Limited Inventory" are the words you're going to hear.

I'm getting my 2013 for (short throw, all weather floor mats, boost gage, vortex generator):
MSRP: $27,740
Selling Price: $26,370 without tax, tags, and fees.

There is an incoming 2013 Silver 4-Door I can put you in touch with, the dealer (guy) is offering:
2013 4-Door Silver WRX Base (short throw, all weather floor mats, boost gage, vortex generator)
MSRP: $27,470.00
selling price $25,512.00

Dealer Processing $199.00
VA. Sales Tax (3%) $777.33
MVA fees $177.75
Tags, Title, Reg. etc.
Total Price $26,667.08


Dealer that was getting the white one I wanted wouldn't match the other dealers price. Although that's an AWESOME price for a Silver WRX...just not my color.
I got quoted $24,700 for a 5-door base hatch. Added the short shiftter, arm rest extension, and fog lights. The total came out to $25,034 before the fogs (had it added in later). After TTL it's like ~$27k... Tax rate here is 8.750%
PaulWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #806
foxonwheels
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329372
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

I keep refreshing this thread like it's going to make my delivery sooner. I get excited when I see people post new info, yet it does nothing for actually getting me my car. Is this the part where the insomnia and strange voices start to set in...

In the meantime, what are you guys doing to pass the time besides working? Buying anything in preparation for your new rides? I've been eyeing up a set of steelies with winter tires since my delivery is estimated for December. I'm thinking about getting the Michelin X-ice Xi3s and maybe painting the rims a blackish bronze color. Next are taillight overlays, and maybe a few Purolator PureONE oil filters. I also want to start a detail kit since I've never had a nice enough car to actually show and shine.

I want to get a light tint, maybe around 50%. Not sure if it will be a good idea to get this done when its cold out or if that even matters. Once springtime rolls around, I'll rehash and supplement the audio system to my liking. Let's just say my current car gives out free back massages.
foxonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #807
scoops86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324139
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago, IL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

I hear ya! I feel the same way and do the same thing.

Day dream and search for parts on my non existent Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I keep refreshing this thread like it's going to make my delivery sooner. I get excited when I see people post new info, yet it does nothing for actually getting me my car. Is this the part where the insomnia and strange voices start to set in...

In the meantime, what are you guys doing to pass the time besides working? Buying anything in preparation for your new rides? I've been eyeing up a set of steelies with winter tires since my delivery is estimated for December. I'm thinking about getting the Michelin X-ice Xi3s and maybe painting the rims a blackish bronze color. Next are taillight overlays, and maybe a few Purolator PureONE oil filters. I also want to start a detail kit since I've never had a nice enough car to actually show and shine.

I want to get a light tint, maybe around 50%. Not sure if it will be a good idea to get this done when its cold out or if that even matters. Once springtime rolls around, I'll rehash and supplement the audio system to my liking. Let's just say my current car gives out free back massages.
scoops86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #808
jandree22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100800
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: S Central PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I keep refreshing this thread like it's going to make my delivery sooner. I get excited when I see people post new info, yet it does nothing for actually getting me my car. Is this the part where the insomnia and strange voices start to set in...

Once springtime rolls around, I'll rehash and supplement the audio system to my liking. Let's just say my current car gives out free back massages.
Hm, sounds like someone I know. My initial mods are probably going to be a Kartboy short shift and some RallyArmor flaps (yum). Might put a Cobb tune on it, eventually.

I used to have a audio back massager, but my hearing is noticeably declining at the ripe age of 29 so I gave it up.
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #809
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
4 Train - Subway
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandree22 View Post
Current 2013 owners... could someone please look in your owners manual to the oil specs section? Wondering if there's any verbiage about 5w-40 oil, or if only 5w30. just curious, thanks!
The manual states 5w-30, however, a lot of guys use 5w-40 in the warmer months.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #810
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbeyer View Post
I've jumped on the wagon, order placed today at Timmons in Long Beach!

WRX Base Sedan, SWP

Ordered: 9/12
VON received: 9/12
VIN to be received: 9/26 (Est)
ETA: 6-8 weeks

Good luck to everyone.
Congrats, I wouldn't be too hopeful with receiving your VIN that early though.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #811
jandree22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100800
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: S Central PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
The manual states 5w-30, however, a lot of guys use 5w-40 in the warmer months.
alright cool... thanks
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #812
JAMM0N
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 318736
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
CBS (BLCK)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I keep refreshing this thread like it's going to make my delivery sooner. I get excited when I see people post new info, yet it does nothing for actually getting me my car. Is this the part where the insomnia and strange voices start to set in...
your not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
In the meantime, what are you guys doing to pass the time besides working? Buying anything in preparation for your new rides? I've been eyeing up a set of steelies with winter tires since my delivery is estimated for December. I'm thinking about getting the Michelin X-ice Xi3s and maybe painting the rims a blackish bronze color. Next are taillight overlays, and maybe a few Purolator PureONE oil filters. I also want to start a detail kit since I've never had a nice enough car to actually show and shine.
tires is a must if your in the winter. your going to black out your tail lights? i think they look okay depends what color i guess, once you look @ it you wont do it! keep the OEM filter they said for some reason if you dont go to a subaru dealer for an oil change.

Detailing is not an option MANDATORY.

the rest is whatever you want to do with your car duh its your car.


Oh yeah i met evan today and he thought i was driving it home and i was like no more experienced driver here to drive my car home. i'm still new to driving manual and didn't want to kill anyone but once i got back in the city. i test drove it and boy is there a lot you have to look at!

I AM AN OFFICIAL SUBARU OWNER!
JAMM0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #813
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307227
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Default

Congrats man. Don't burn out your new clutch! Haha.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #814
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMM0N View Post
i'm still new to driving manual and didn't want to kill anyone but once i got back in the city. i test drove it and boy is there a lot you have to look at!
You'll get the hang of it fast and you won't even think about it. Then when you drive a car that is an auto, you'll find yourself slamming your left foot down looking for a clutch.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #815
maxwatts
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328710
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels View Post
I keep refreshing this thread like it's going to make my delivery sooner. I get excited when I see people post new info, yet it does nothing for actually getting me my car.

In the meantime, what are you guys doing to pass the time besides working? Buying anything in preparation for your new rides? I've been eyeing up a set of steelies with winter tires since my delivery is estimated for December.
I've been doing the same sh**! This past weekend I picked up a set of OEM '10 WRX wheels w/ blizzaks on them for $400 from a local forum. I also am prepping my garage for it's new resident. Installing some lights, shop towel racks (like the blue paper towels), and picking up some new tools. Im also going to order some fumoto valves for the as-yet-non-existent WRX and for the wifes' Hyundai. I think this weekend I'll probably plasti-dip the new wheels as they'll be winter use. Other than that spending A LOT of time at work updating this and the subaru subreddit...

Speaking of, I havent heard from my dealer in 2 or so weeks, and they still have not cashed my deposit check. Any one know if they cash those or not?
maxwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #816
mattw278
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276165
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chapel Hill
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4-Door
Crystal Black Silica

Default

Ordered my 2013 STi today! CBS with no options, going to run me 34150 OTD total and will be here in 12 weeks. let the waiting begin
mattw278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #817
seanvetter123
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174476
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: B-ham, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza RS
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwatts View Post
I've been doing the same sh**! This past weekend I picked up a set of OEM '10 WRX wheels w/ blizzaks on them for $400 from a local forum. I also am prepping my garage for it's new resident. Installing some lights, shop towel racks (like the blue paper towels), and picking up some new tools. Im also going to order some fumoto valves for the as-yet-non-existent WRX and for the wifes' Hyundai. I think this weekend I'll probably plasti-dip the new wheels as they'll be winter use. Other than that spending A LOT of time at work updating this and the subaru subreddit...

Speaking of, I havent heard from my dealer in 2 or so weeks, and they still have not cashed my deposit check. Any one know if they cash those or not?
They usually don't cash them. But put it towards the down payment on the car when you pick it up.

Also what is with this plastic dip trend? I have seen a couple people say they are going to dip their winter wheels. Is it just for looks or does it actually add some kind of functional protection? I was just going to pick up a new set of steelies for $200ish and call it a day. I feel like the plastic dip would just get chipped off after a winter and would have to be redone.
seanvetter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #818
maxwatts
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328710
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvetter123 View Post
They usually don't cash them. But put it towards the down payment on the car when you pick it up.

Also what is with this plastic dip trend? I have seen a couple people say they are going to dip their winter wheels. Is it just for looks or does it actually add some kind of functional protection? I was just going to pick up a new set of steelies for $200ish and call it a day. I feel like the plastic dip would just get chipped off after a winter and would have to be redone.
For me really its 60% fun, 30% looks and 10% "protection".

I was going to do a black base w/ a gold overcoat to give it a bit of that WRB+bronze look. I figure if they get messed up, who cares I'm out $50... And if they look good and hold up, awesome! $50 bronze weels :P
maxwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #819
Californicater
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329690
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: La, Ca
Vehicle:
13 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbeyer View Post
I've jumped on the wagon, order placed today at Timmons in Long Beach!

WRX Base Sedan, SWP

Ordered: 9/12
VON received: 9/12
VIN to be received: 9/26 (Est)
ETA: 6-8 weeks

Good luck to everyone.
I am waiting for mine from this dealer too. Did you use TrueCar discount?
Californicater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #820
PaulWalker
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvetter123 View Post
They usually don't cash them. But put it towards the down payment on the car when you pick it up.
Lol, they took my $500 instantly.
PaulWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #821
sandwich14
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328613
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI
SWP

Default

Just talked to dealer. Car is being unloaded. Going tomorrow to sign my life away
sandwich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #822
jandree22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100800
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: S Central PA
Default

How often is everyone nagging their dealer? My first and only request for a check into the system was last Wednesday at the 3-week mark. Don't want to be 'that' guy so I feel like I should wait another week or two before asking again.

Either way my car will get to me whenever it gets to me... but an updated ETA with an actual date, and not simply the generic month of “November” would be outstanding. Going by my salesman and others on this thread I’m hoping for mid-October, but preparing for Black Friday. Gosh I'm so impatient, there's a lot worse people in this country are going through right now than to be distressed about waiting 'so' long on a new sports car.

/rant on self
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #823
ucsbeyer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205199
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicater View Post
I am waiting for mine from this dealer too. Did you use TrueCar discount?
I didn't contact them through TrueCar, but had taken a look. The dealer's quoted price was right in line with what TrueCar said. Did you deal with Dave? When did you order / how are they with updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWalker View Post
Lol, they took my $500 instantly.
I placed my deposit with a card, so mine was instant as well.
ucsbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #824
Sti-scubie-2006
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318866
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru Wrx Sti
UrbanGrey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandree22
How often is everyone nagging their dealer? My first and only request for a check into the system was last Wednesday at the 3-week mark. Don't want to be 'that' guy so I feel like I should wait another week or two before asking again.

Either way my car will get to me whenever it gets to me... but an updated ETA with an actual date, and not simply the generic month of “November” would be outstanding. Going by my salesman and others on this thread I’m hoping for mid-October, but preparing for Black Friday. Gosh I'm so impatient, there's a lot worse people in this country are going through right now than to be distressed about waiting 'so' long on a new sports car.

/rant on self
I don't know I this applies to everyone but my dealer told me that Subaru only notifies the dealer once a week on Monday. So whenever I am curious about the status of my car I call on Monday and they are very helpful. My dealer even called me when my car went into production.
Sti-scubie-2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #825
MikePiper1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 206162
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grandville,Mi
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
ISM

Default

After a three day delay, I finally picked up my car today:




Happiness is an unmolested STI:
MikePiper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.