Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #8401
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post

I went to ROTO in Arlington Heights. I ordered my car on 2/16 but the dealer didn't officially order it until Monday 2/18 and got my VON the same day. He told me on March 19th my ETA was looking like June and just this pass Wednesday I got a VIN and the ETA of May 16th. I was like shocked. He also mentioned that historically the car could get there up to a week before the ETA.
I ordered about the same time as you 01/21 but they didn't give me my VON. I had to call SOA about a month and a half later. Then another month after that they told me delivery in June but they don't know when. Then last Tuesday my dealer emailed me telling me my VIN and ETA of 5/30 give or take a few days. So there's no way you got 5/16 delivery and mines 2 weeks later.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #8402
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

^^whoops I read that wrong I ordered a whole month before you.
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #8403
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHxMONEYxMIKE View Post
Lol so to everyone who's been piling up parts in the meantime, what's the first thing your gonna install when she comes in? I think I'm doin my mudflaps first before anything.
Wheels, rear lcas, toe correction arms and springs will all go on right away for me.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #8404
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

I'll be installing my BBS Limited wheels and "get more G's" tennis ball. If I get mudflaps I'll be installing those too. Money is tight when your saving for a wedding and getting a new car. lol
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #8405
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
I'll be installing my BBS Limited wheels and "get more G's" tennis ball.
Mine will have those on it when I pick it up.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #8406
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
Mine will have those on it when I pick it up.
I was lucky enough to find some with 5K miles and local to me. I'm going run the BBS in the summer and mount winter tires on the stock Enkei's. I just wasn't liking many aftermaket wheels without having to change stock tire size.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #8407
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHxMONEYxMIKE View Post
I ordered about the same time as you 01/21 but they didn't give me my VON. I had to call SOA about a month and a half later. Then another month after that they told me delivery in June but they don't know when. Then last Tuesday my dealer emailed me telling me my VIN and ETA of 5/30 give or take a few days. So there's no way you got 5/16 delivery and mines 2 weeks later.
Your car might come at least a week sooner than your ETA.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #8408
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

To anyone who ordered a hatch the mudflaps are a must. My buddy has one without flaps and you definitely need them at least on the front. Then I might do my wing risers after. And ^^ idk if its gonna come in a week earlier, I'm hoping I get mid may like your car.
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #8409
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHxMONEYxMIKE View Post
To anyone who ordered a hatch the mudflaps are a must. My buddy has one without flaps and you definitely need them at least on the front. Then I might do my wing risers after. And ^^ idk if its gonna come in a week earlier, I'm hoping I get mid may like your car.
I would think your car would come before mine. As long as I get my car before June that would be great.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #8410
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

You guys wanna hear some bull? So on Saturday i left work to go grab lunch, and I noticed my passenger rear tire was sunk down a little but not totally flat. So I rolled it back a little and saw a nail (slow leak). Filled it up and went to discount tire because they would fix it as it was under warranty. Turns out the inside sidewall was starting to ruin, so he couldn't fix that tire. And the other rear was already a little bald. So they gave me credit for the two rear and I had to buy two new tires for a car I'm getting rid of in less than a month. I'm pissed.
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #8411
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
I was lucky enough to find some with 5K miles and local to me. I'm going run the BBS in the summer and mount winter tires on the stock Enkei's. I just wasn't liking many aftermaket wheels without having to change stock tire size.
I found some works I like but they aren't the stock size. Had to go with 9.5" wide to get the look I like.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #8412
Scoobers
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341693
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Powell, OH
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru
13 WRX SWP

Default

Still haven't heard anything.

Is my dealer going to tell me when its on the way to OHIO? I have an ETA of 4-30-13.
Scoobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #8413
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

I'm going to put on my deck lip lips spoiler and badge over lays as soon as I get it home
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #8414
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHxMONEYxMIKE View Post
You guys wanna hear some bull? So on Saturday i left work to go grab lunch, and I noticed my passenger rear tire was sunk down a little but not totally flat. So I rolled it back a little and saw a nail (slow leak). Filled it up and went to discount tire because they would fix it as it was under warranty. Turns out the inside sidewall was starting to ruin, so he couldn't fix that tire. And the other rear was already a little bald. So they gave me credit for the two rear and I had to buy two new tires for a car I'm getting rid of in less than a month. I'm pissed.
I got a good one for you. How about having to buy $330 on TPMS sensors for winter wheels on a car your leasing and trading in after winter was over. I didn't know they passed a law for cars the have a TPMS need to have those sensors or they won't mount the rims on the car. That's what happened to me at Discount Tire. I was pissed and after that, they stripped my lug stud key for my BMW cause they used a impact gun to tighten my lug studs back onto the winter wheels when i have aftermarket lugs for them on the passenger seat. I had to go to the dealer Friday to order a new key and buy all new locking lug studs for $18.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #8415
C3hutson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347969
Join Date: Feb 2013
Vehicle:
04 STi
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post

I got a good one for you. How about having to buy $330 on TPMS sensors for winter wheels on a car your leasing and trading in after winter was over. I didn't know they passed a law for cars the have a TPMS need to have those sensors or they won't mount the rims on the car. That's what happened to me at Discount Tire. I was pissed and after that, they stripped my lug stud key for my BMW cause they used a impact gun to tighten my lug studs back onto the winter wheels when i have aftermarket lugs for them on the passenger seat. I had to go to the dealer Friday to order a new key and buy all new locking lug studs for $18.
Why not just bring the wheels and tires separate from the car to have mounted? Jack stands are cheaper than those stupid ass sensors.
C3hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #8416
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3hutson View Post
Why not just bring the wheels and tires separate from the car to have mounted? Jack stands are cheaper than those stupid ass sensors.
I did. The stock rims were mounted and they swap the winter wheels for free since I purchased the wheels from them. I had no access to a garage at the time plus the car needs special jack stand pads kinda like a C5-C6 Vette.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #8417
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

Looks like you and i both got screwed. The new owner of my current STi better appreciate them!
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #8418
electric_eel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345411
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5dr
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieLuvin View Post
Yeah probably long journey they have had together ! Safe bet we will see a few days sooner I think. Scoobers dealer is about 15 miles from mine and his is 4/30. Unless I got unlucky and made a later truck
I ordered from Byers Dublin, same as Scoobers. My eta is still 5/8. I hope it is a bit earlier. Do different dealers get different trucks?
electric_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #8419
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post

I ordered from Byers Dublin, same as Scoobers. My eta is still 5/8. I hope it is a bit earlier. Do different dealers get different trucks?
That is a good question I'm not sure.
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #8420
bgh318
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248354
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Week 5 and no updates for me.

If it was just me waiting it'd be no big deal but everytime I see a friend of mine they ask me when I'm getting my car making me want it even more. lol
bgh318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #8421
Kaimande
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 347486
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
I went to ROTO in Arlington Heights. I ordered my car on 2/16 but the dealer didn't officially order it until Monday 2/18 and got my VON the same day. He told me on March 19th my ETA was looking like June and just this pass Wednesday I got a VIN and the ETA of May 16th. I was like shocked. He also mentioned that historically the car could get there up to a week before the ETA.
I ordered the same day and got my VON the same day as you, but still no VIN or updated ETA... My dealer and SOA just say June... It intrigues me on how these deliveries work...
Kaimande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #8422
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimande View Post
I ordered the same day and got my VON the same day as you, but still no VIN or updated ETA... My dealer and SOA just say June... It intrigues me on how these deliveries work...
I was thinking the earliest late May for my car. I really hope my ETA is right. It'll be 12 weeks the week of May 16th.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #8423
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

I started week 13 today
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #8424
Kaimande
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 347486
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
I was thinking the earliest late May for my car. I really hope my ETA is right. It'll be 12 weeks the week of May 16th.
I just called SOA and found out my ETA is May 7th =D. I should have called before I made the post lol...
Kaimande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #8425
stand_in
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353167
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Vehicle:
2013 Prm. WRX hatch
DGM on order

Default

I just called SOA and I have an ETA!

Ordered: 1/26
VON: 1/26
ETA: 5/14

If the ETA is right my wait would end up being 15 weeks and 4 days.
stand_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.