Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 28, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
lumbrjackedpcj
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 126328
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Red

Default 2008 STi, Stage 1, please review logs

2008 STI, Stg 1 tune for 50K miles? (normal waste gate), 91 octane map but run 93 octage fuel, about 81K miles on the car, stock intake (new OEM air filter 2K miles ago), stock exhaust

First log is three 3rd gear pulls back on July 22nd.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4G...kFNRGJQcFNhM3c

Since then, I've noticed recently that under very light fethering throttle in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear around 2200 - 2500 RPM the engine sputters and jerks back and forth. I just push the gas pedal a little and it goes away. It was repeatable. I took out my MAF sensor, cleaned it with MAF cleaner, unplugged the battery and pressed brake pedal, and then reflashed the same Stg 1 tune. Car seems to be running better. No noticeable oil burn.

Below is a log I took yesterday. The one thing that concerns me is the knock sums seem to be a little high.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4G...khDeFEyd1AwWkU

What do you think?

Thank you,
Paul

Last edited by lumbrjackedpcj; 08-14-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add fuel type map
lumbrjackedpcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
SouthernWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321571
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Base
Ice Silver

There is one knock event (the first -1.4) and it is early in the run. Sometimes you get false knock when mashing the throttle at low loads/rpm. I would do another run, however do it in fourth. Cobb sugest that STi folks do a 4th gear pull. I'd just watch it and I bet it ends up going away. However that single count is not to much to worry about, it's when you see it at -2.8 and up. I'm sure Bill will come along with more info.
SouthernWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
lumbrjackedpcj
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Red

Ok so I did two 4th gear pulls. They are below:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4G...npMakY3R08yQXc

Looks like I have some Fine Knock Learning. Let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Paul
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
lumbrjackedpcj
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbrjackedpcj View Post
Ok so I did two 4th gear pulls. They are below:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4G...npMakY3R08yQXc

Looks like I have some Fine Knock Learning. Let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Paul
bump

Any thoughts on my 2 4th gear pulls? I filled up the tank a few days ago and the 2200 - 2500 stumble seems to be gone. Maybe bad gas? I just don't want to get too aggressive if there is something wrong with my car.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Nothing really jumps out in these logs to me that would cause that behavior. You do have some minor Feedback Knock and Fine Knock, but they are minor and I don't think you could feel that small of a correction. It's possible you may have been dealing with an odd tip-in enrichment maybe? Bad gas is possible, but I would think you would see more timing corrections under boost if you had bad gas.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer here. Maybe someone else can see something I am missing? I don't see anything in those logs that would prevent you from driving the car aggressively. Keep an eye on those timing corrections and make sure they don't get any higher and you should be good.

Chris
COBB Tuning
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote