Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #2201
EvolvedAK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100354
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2002 Chevy2DLevee
AKLGT's Living Accessory

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Yeeaahhhh... That is where you're wrong. It's poser to deck out a 2004+ WRX to be an STI and act like it's an STI. The STI already exists for those model years. However, I don't knock a bugeye for making itself into an STI because we never got bugeye STI's over here.

Same with the BRZ. If I had the option to purchase a 2014 BRZ STI, but didn't, and still decked out my BRZ with STI parts, then I'd definitely be a poser. I tried very hard to have ZERO STI parts for my WRX. The only thing I had was the port-installed short shifter. Nothing was labeled "STI", though, anywhere on the car.

BOOM! Lawyered.
Yea yea yea.... all show and no go.... poser..

#LEDS#STI#DISCOLIGHTS


Just jerking your chain, bud Just don't go tiffany blue on me k? <3
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EvolvedAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #2202
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post
Just don't go tiffany blue on me k? <3
Awe man
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #2203
insane_one
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301431
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2010 Subaru WRX
OBP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post
Just don't go tiffany blue on me k? <3
OH SNAP! No he didnt!
insane_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #2204
USAF Harris
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 285953
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: JBER, AK
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza WRX
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

I dont see how its poser to upgrade a wrx to sti specs.

Just because you pay more for it means very little. With that logic poor people should stay poor, because thats how they started out and rich people already exist. Take that fur coat off poser. Remove that fancy bowler derby and know your role, peasant.

I went there.
USAF Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #2205
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

I bought carbon fiber covers for my sidemarkers...

they say sti on them...


fml.
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #2206
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: East Anchorage (yuck!)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post
Yea yea yea.... all show and no go.... poser..

#LEDS#STI#DISCOLIGHTS


Just jerking your chain, bud Just don't go tiffany blue on me k? <3
Why u so G?!

No worries. I'm honestly not a fan of odd-colored wheels. Give me: Silver, Gunmetal, Black or White. Why? Because resale value and cars just look cleanest with those colors.

Love me some LEDs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Harris View Post
I dont see how its poser to upgrade a wrx to sti specs.

Just because you pay more for it means very little. With that logic poor people should stay poor, because thats how they started out and rich people already exist. Take that fur coat off poser. Remove that fancy bowler derby and know your role, peasant.

I went there.
I dunno. It just rubs me the wrong way when an 04+ WRX has all these STI parts and somewhat pretends to be an STI. "Hey guys. I know I couldn't afford an STI, but I'm CLOSE, right?" To me it screams that they're insecure about owning a WRX. And let's be honest: If you're going to go "aftermarket", there are more suitable parts out there besides STI parts. Even STI guys upgrade their STI parts, so why wouldn't a WRX guy just skip STI parts?

And what it really boils down to is that a non-STI is stealing a piece of the image that belongs to the spirit of the STI. It's so iconic that it can only be seen as "poser" in my book.

That's probably just me, though. Obviously things differ case by case. If you can get STI parts more readily and cheaper then by all means go for it!

At this point STI is trying to wean themselves away from the image that they only do upgrades on turbocharged models. Maybe this is because of the BRZ, but now they have STI tS Legacy sedan and wagon and I think even the Forester, where they're just suspension and aero with badging on NA models.

This is why I don't feel guilty about adding STI parts to my BRZ. Plus I've honestly scoured the Internet and STI usually has the most unique, ingenious and quality performance parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
I bought carbon fiber covers for my sidemarkers...

they say sti on them...


fml.
You have a bugeye so you're okay with going full STI. In fact, it's your duty to do so, because that's the only acceptable way for a bugeye to exist.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #2207
Bootsy907
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284695
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Blue

Default

Finally fixed my exhaust rattle . Embarrassment lifted . Especially on stop light stop & go . It sounded like my exhaust was about to fall off.
Bootsy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #2208
akfmx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 226059
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: AK
Vehicle:
low and slow
forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy907 View Post
Finally fixed my exhaust rattle . Embarrassment lifted . Especially on stop light stop & go . It sounded like my exhaust was about to fall off.
Haha I wish I could fix mine. I'm almost positive something inside the resonator is what my rattle is coming from
akfmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #2209
Bootsy907
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284695
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfmx View Post

Haha I wish I could fix mine. I'm almost positive something inside the resonator is what my rattle is coming from
You can't look in there ?
Bootsy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #2210
zachary.berrier
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82476
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, ak
Vehicle:
GOD CREATED TURBO
LAG TO GIVE V8'S A CHANCE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post

Why u so G?!

No worries. I'm honestly not a fan of odd-colored wheels. Give me: Silver, Gunmetal, Black or White. Why? Because resale value and cars just look cleanest with those colors.

Love me some LEDs!

I dunno. It just rubs me the wrong way when an 04+ WRX has all these STI parts and somewhat pretends to be an STI. "Hey guys. I know I couldn't afford an STI, but I'm CLOSE, right?" To me it screams that they're insecure about owning a WRX. And let's be honest: If you're going to go "aftermarket", there are more suitable parts out there besides STI parts. Even STI guys upgrade their STI parts, so why wouldn't a WRX guy just skip STI parts?

And what it really boils down to is that a non-STI is stealing a piece of the image that belongs to the spirit of the STI. It's so iconic that it can only be seen as "poser" in my book.

That's probably just me, though. Obviously things differ case by case. If you can get STI parts more readily and cheaper then by all means go for it!

At this point STI is trying to wean themselves away from the image that they only do upgrades on turbocharged models. Maybe this is because of the BRZ, but now they have STI tS Legacy sedan and wagon and I think even the Forester, where they're just suspension and aero with badging on NA models.

This is why I don't feel guilty about adding STI parts to my BRZ. Plus I've honestly scoured the Internet and STI usually has the most unique, ingenious and quality performance parts.

You have a bugeye so you're okay with going full STI. In fact, it's your duty to do so, because that's the only acceptable way for a bugeye to exist.
Theres a difference between bull**** sti parts like large hoodscoops and spoilers, vs close ratio 6 speeds and brembos and certain spec C items.
zachary.berrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #2211
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

I'm adding STI parts to my car.... cheaper to buy someone elses old parts for upgrades.

I think as long as you are not actually claiming it to be an sti, just a modded wrx with sti parts its ok.


just my 0.02$
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #2212
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
I'm adding STI parts to my car.... cheaper to buy someone elses old parts for upgrades.

I think as long as you are not actually claiming it to be an sti, just a modded SUBARU with sti parts its ok.
I changed it, then I agree on both of these points.
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #2213
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: East Anchorage (yuck!)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary.berrier View Post
Theres a difference between bull**** sti parts like large hoodscoops and spoilers, vs close ratio 6 speeds and brembos and certain spec C items.
Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
I'm adding STI parts to my car.... cheaper to buy someone elses old parts for upgrades.

I think as long as you are not actually claiming it to be an sti, just a modded wrx with sti parts its ok.


just my 0.02$
Agreed!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #2214
granny
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283145
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Avondale, Arizona
Vehicle:
1997 LEGASTi Wagon
- PowerflexUSA - Moore -

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary.berrier View Post
Theres a difference between bull**** sti parts like large hoodscoops and spoilers, vs close ratio 6 speeds and brembos and certain spec C items.
Hey now! No taking shots!! . Just messing, mine eats birds and im proud of it!
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #2215
zachary.berrier
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82476
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, ak
Vehicle:
GOD CREATED TURBO
LAG TO GIVE V8'S A CHANCE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny View Post

Hey now! No taking shots!! . Just messing, mine eats birds and im proud of it!
Not directed at u caleb, u use it for an oil cooler lol :-p.
zachary.berrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2216
Billboard2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 210085
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
WRBlue

Default

Detailed/corrected the exterior of my car (took several weekends worth of time). Took lots of pictures. I actually went out and bought a DSLR camera to capture the awesomeness cause my dumb $70 digital camera wasn't cutting it. I'll make a thread in the detailing section and link it when I get the chance...
Needless to say, it looks magnificent and now I have to wipe the drool off each time I look at it
Billboard2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #2217
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: East Anchorage (yuck!)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Yaye! I miss seeing that car. What camera did you get?
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #2218
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
I think as long as you are not actually claiming it to be an sti, just a modded wrx with sti parts its ok.



My new tag




Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #2219
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

What you guys don't like my ST-Bug-I lol
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #2220
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: East Anchorage (yuck!)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post


My new tag




Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalwrx View Post
What you guys don't like my ST-Bug-I lol
You guys are both prime examples of doing it RIGHT, though. There was no USDM bugeye STI, so you can "pose" all you want. I don't consider it posing, I consider it to be admiration for something higher and recognizing what's lacking, then improving upon it since there's wasn't a higher option available to you at the time to aspire to.

There's no way that plate would clear, Nomad!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #2221
Billboard2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 210085
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
WRBlue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Yaye! I miss seeing that car. What camera did you get?
Cannon Rebel sl1. It's tiny and light. Almost too small for my hands actually but girlfriend is tiny so she really likes it.
Billboard2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #2222
infamouswrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44782
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2013 wrx sti
Orange

Default

I want to tint my windows on my new baby. Do you guys have any places you can recommend?
infamouswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #2223
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamouswrx View Post
I want to tint my windows on my new baby. Do you guys have any places you can recommend?
CCA is the way to go. Only people I will let touch my car with film products.
Drew an Chris stand by their service like no other shop in this town. They are perfectionists at heart.
I'm sure many people will agree with me.
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #2224
EvolvedAK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100354
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2002 Chevy2DLevee
AKLGT's Living Accessory

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamouswrx View Post
I want to tint my windows on my new baby. Do you guys have any places you can recommend?
CCA on Arctic.

No one else comes close to the work and warranty they stand behind with.

Price may be a hair higher but seriously.... any problem ever with your tint and they will fix it no questions asked. Also if you have some extra greens in your pocket, you should ask them to quote you for some clearbra on that new STI of yours.
EvolvedAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #2225
jzehren11
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 357281
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Landstuhl / Johnson Creek, WI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

removed the drivers side head to replace the headgasket, but found this instead :/

jzehren11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.