Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #1801
ORANUGLAD
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 354784
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Tri-Jet is where I send everything to. The last set of wheels they did for me cost be about $300 for blasting and powdercoating. They were fairly large wheels (20" semi truck wheels). I'd imagine car wheels would be a bit cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_one View Post
SANDBLASTING

Who does it and how much? 4x 18" wheels.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ORANUGLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #1802
Shaggie 907
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 256102
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Shaggie 907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1803
Shaggie 907
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 256102
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Shaggie 907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #1804
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

Just paid $3.14 a gallon for premium gas at a chevron station.



















Yep I used my Safeway/Carrs gas rewards there ;-)
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #1805
ORANUGLAD
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 354784
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Is there a limit when you do that? I go though 500+ gallons of diesel a month, would help me out quite a bit!
ORANUGLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #1806
ImaBrat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 123620
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX Sti
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Default

I haven't been on here in forever and I recognize pretty much nobody! However I just got back into the Subaru world, so to those of you that I don't know "HI!" those of you that I do, sorry, I'm back
ImaBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1807
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBrat View Post
I haven't been on here in forever and I recognize pretty much nobody! However I just got back into the Subaru world, so to those of you that I don't know "HI!" those of you that I do, sorry, I'm back
You're back! Woot woot!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #1808
ImaBrat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 123620
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX Sti
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
You're back! Woot woot!
Scary huh?!
ImaBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #1809
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBrat View Post
Scary huh?!
Nah. They all come back... hahaha

I do remember you being around, but I don't remember any specific posts or even if you came out to meets or anything. I see you have a 2012 STI. What did you have before? And are you loving your new ride?
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #1810
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANUGLAD View Post
Is there a limit when you do that? I go though 500+ gallons of diesel a month, would help me out quite a bit!
Be careful when you use it. The discount may only apply when you have points in your account. I used my discount on filling up one of my Aprilias only 3-4 gallons. When I went to fill up the Wrx there were no more points available. Drats!
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1811
ORANUGLAD
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 354784
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

I'll have to go get the paperwork from them I guess, I don't know what you mean by points.

Right now I've been having the fuel truck just deliver fuel every 2 weeks. I have a 275 gal tank that I fill the equipment from. For paying cash and since it's off road fuel they discount about $0.50/gal from pump prices.
Still costing me $1800-$2000 a month in fuel though. The last time I got it filled it was $3.96/gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
Be careful when you use it. The discount may only apply when you have points in your account. I used my discount on filling up one of my Aprilias only 3-4 gallons. When I went to fill up the Wrx there were no more points available. Drats!
ORANUGLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #1812
ImaBrat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 123620
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX Sti
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Nah. They all come back... hahaha

I do remember you being around, but I don't remember any specific posts or even if you came out to meets or anything. I see you have a 2012 STI. What did you have before? And are you loving your new ride?
Had a 2006 2.5i forever. I was infamous for having the car that never worked how it was suppose to. The now ex-husband had an '03 WRX. I worked for Hope for a long while. I swore when I got rid of my 2.5i I'd never come back but dammit I couldn't resist my baby. She's freaking gorgeous!
ImaBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #1813
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBrat View Post
Had a 2006 2.5i forever. I was infamous for having the car that never worked how it was suppose to. The now ex-husband had an '03 WRX. I worked for Hope for a long while. I swore when I got rid of my 2.5i I'd never come back but dammit I couldn't resist my baby. She's freaking gorgeous!
Holy crap hi! *waves*

Unfortunate to hear about the ex, but glad to have you back regardless. Things have changed a lot around here and at the same time they also haven't.

I think we're supposed to do a photoshoot soon. Feel free to chime in on the Photoshoot Thread if you want some shots of your new baby.

Did you want any other color besides WRB?
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #1814
SQUAD_907
Totally Biased
Moderator
 
Member#: 10104
Join Date: Sep 2001
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: 907
Vehicle:
WOW! JUST WOW!
I make posts disappear

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBrat View Post
I haven't been on here in forever and I recognize pretty much nobody! However I just got back into the Subaru world, so to those of you that I don't know "HI!" those of you that I do, sorry, I'm back
Welcome back Sarah... Where you stationed at now?
SQUAD_907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #1815
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

Welcome back Sarah, nice to see you in Subaru that wasn't N/A or never worked right ;-P
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #1816
EvolvedAK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100354
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2002 Chevy2DLevee
AKLGT's Living Accessory

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANUGLAD View Post
I'll have to go get the paperwork from them I guess, I don't know what you mean by points.

Right now I've been having the fuel truck just deliver fuel every 2 weeks. I have a 275 gal tank that I fill the equipment from. For paying cash and since it's off road fuel they discount about $0.50/gal from pump prices.
Still costing me $1800-$2000 a month in fuel though. The last time I got it filled it was $3.96/gal.
Pretty much for every dollar you spend you get 1 point. For every 100 points you get a fuel rewards discount. However, when you decide to use that discount be sure to have a large empty tank because when you decide to use it, you use up your given discount for that transaction.
EvolvedAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #1817
ImaBrat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 123620
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX Sti
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Default

Thanks Chris, I'm back in the Midwest. Got Medically Retired from the AF back in 2011 unfortunately. I came back to AK for a year then realized being up there was a huge mistake and came back down to where I belong.

Mike, I'm going to kick you in the nose when I come back up there in August!
ImaBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #1818
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBrat View Post
Thanks Chris, I'm back in the Midwest. Got Medically Retired from the AF back in 2011 unfortunately. I came back to AK for a year then realized being up there was a huge mistake and came back down to where I belong.

Mike, I'm going to kick you in the nose when I come back up there in August!
Oh I'll be here...lol
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #1819
ORANUGLAD
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 354784
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

How much is the discount for 100 points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post
Pretty much for every dollar you spend you get 1 point. For every 100 points you get a fuel rewards discount. However, when you decide to use that discount be sure to have a large empty tank because when you decide to use it, you use up your given discount for that transaction.
ORANUGLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #1820
EvolvedAK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100354
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2002 Chevy2DLevee
AKLGT's Living Accessory

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANUGLAD View Post
How much is the discount for 100 points?
100 = 10cents per gallon

Max limit of 1000 points obviously being $1.

Max fill up per redemption = 25 gallons of gasoline.

Points expire at the end of the following month. For example points earned in June can be used through the end of July. However any points under 100 expire at the end of each month. So only increments of 100 are saved.

As I said, it's not an amazing discount but hey its something if you're a frequent shopper.
EvolvedAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1821
ORANUGLAD
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 354784
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Thanks for the info.

I don't shop at Fred Meyers too often so I never bothered with the points card, but might be sorta worth it. Sucks that it maxes out at 25 gals though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post
100 = 10cents per gallon

Max limit of 1000 points obviously being $1.

Max fill up per redemption = 25 gallons of gasoline.

Points expire at the end of the following month. For example points earned in June can be used through the end of July. However any points under 100 expire at the end of each month. So only increments of 100 are saved.

As I said, it's not an amazing discount but hey its something if you're a frequent shopper.
ORANUGLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #1822
EvolvedAK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100354
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2002 Chevy2DLevee
AKLGT's Living Accessory

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANUGLAD View Post
Thanks for the info.

I don't shop at Fred Meyers too often so I never bothered with the points card, but might be sorta worth it. Sucks that it maxes out at 25 gals though.
Yea and to only 1 vehicle. Though I'm sure no one will really notice if you sneak in some gas canisters.
EvolvedAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1823
akracer609
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340269
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage/Palmer, AK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvedAK View Post

Yea and to only 1 vehicle. Though I'm sure no one will really notice if you sneak in some gas canisters.
We had one person hold the nozzle while we switched the cars lol.
akracer609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1824
akracer609
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340269
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage/Palmer, AK
Default



More important note watch the video.
akracer609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #1825
jerseyjessi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267224
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2012 Lexus CT200H

Default

I find this intriguing!

"What do you call the long sandwhich that contains cold cuts, lettuce and so on?"
Hoagie - "Philadelphia is just making it up as it goes along" So true!

22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak English Totally Differently From Each Other
jerseyjessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.