Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #101
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstock View Post
Maps are out!! But where are the aftermarket intake maps? Cobb, are theses not ready yet?

Thanks!
The P0605 code was seen by one customer (Dimitris above) on an intake map for 13' WRX, so we've pulled the intake maps for now as an abundance of caution. Haven't received any other reports, but we will look into the issue first to be sure.

Bill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #102
cstock
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331935
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

I just flashed the stage 2 91ACN and got this same code??! P0605.. Whats the issue? this is with stock intake..
please help..
cstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #103
Cameronmac93
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309740
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Plasma Blue

Default

I am running the Stage 1 on my 2013 STi and it feels great so far! But I did notice that Cobb has pulled the 2013 section from their site, so I'm just curious if they have encountered any issues across all the maps.
Cameronmac93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #104
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

I am reflashed to stage 1 91acn until I get all the parts I need in the mail
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #105
imissnumber3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288250
Join Date: Jul 2011
Have a Nice Day? 2013 Sti Stage 2 +SF Map ??

COBB, Will there be a Stage 2 + SF release soon so I can install my Cobb CAI? Or will the 2012 Map work?
imissnumber3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #106
Syndr78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336966
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
probably a safe bet
I ordered my ap yesterday from cobb, and the rep told me that mine will come preloaded with the 13 maps WITH the aftermarket intake maps included. I SPECIFICALLY asked about the intake maps.
Syndr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #107
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Hi all. Sorry about all the confusion. There have been reports of a check engine light being set (P0605) with some of the 13' WRX maps. We pulled the Cobb SF and AEM intake maps from our site (for all 13' models) while we investigate this issue. Once we have determined and fixed the problem, we will put all these maps back up. The AccessPORT firmware, when updated for 2013 models, does not include the intake maps and they must be downloaded from the maps section at cobbtuning.com (when they are available). Currently we have not received any reports of issues for the 13' STi or 13' FXT. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #108
slide
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1130
Join Date: Mar 2000
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatch
DGM

Default

Thanks Bill, I am excited to get mine on and up and running.
And for you guys with intakes, patience!!! Better a good tune with no issues than one with a ticking time bomb...
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #109
darknight64
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 272531
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 wr
ice silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
I have a problem with the stage 2 maps, it's throwing an error code p0605 code, and limiting my car to lower the. 2000 rpms.
Same here with stock intake, stage 2 93
Emilio
darknight64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #110
Dimitris
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335828
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Ice SILVER

Default

Cobb emailed me a new map. Stage 2 with sf intake and cleared the issue up. The map should be out soon.
Dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #111
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Hi all. The check engine light issue (P0605) has been identified and fixed. The problem would potentially impact any stage 2 map for the 2013 WRX, STi and Forester XT, including stock, Cobb SF, and AEM intake maps. All the maps have been fixed and a new firmware update is available for the AccessPORT. Details about the fixes can be found here:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2438310

Additionally, all intake maps are also now up in the maps section at cobbtuning.com.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #112
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Got the ap updated with the new info. I installed the cobb ap with the stage 1. So when I get the dp installed, do I have to do a complete uninstall and install the stage 2 ? Or can I just run the stage 2 on top of the stage 1 base tune as a "real time" map.
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #113
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxCitywrx09 View Post
Got the ap updated with the new info. I installed the cobb ap with the stage 1. So when I get the dp installed, do I have to do a complete uninstall and install the stage 2 ? Or can I just run the stage 2 on top of the stage 1 base tune as a "real time" map.
The uninstall is just so that the maps will be updated on the device when you do the firmware update. So, if you've already done the uninstall and then the firmware update and reinstalled, then you are fine in the future for stage 2 without an uninstall. However, whenever you change maps due to a part change (ex. stage 1 to stage 2), you must always reflash the new map (not realtime flash). Realtime flash should only be used for temporary changes, like anti-theft, valet, fuel economy, etc.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #114
Shag-e
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8168
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
White

Default

I have been running the stage 1 stock intake map for a day now and let me just say, holy crap!

This map really awakens this car.
If is still had my protune stage 2 2008 STi I think this stage 1 WRX would give it a good run.

Thank You!
Shag-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #115
Syndr78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336966
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Bill,

My AP shipped from you guys this passed Thursday, with the 2013 maps pre-installed. Will I need to download the "new" maps upon delivery since mine shipped prior to the "fix".

BTW, My car is a 13 WRX, and I'll be running the AEM intake with it...
Syndr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #116
Dimitris
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335828
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Ice SILVER

Default

After the running my car on stage 2 last night, I will say that the power seems to be unleashed. Thanks Cobb!!!!!!'
Dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #117
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndr78 View Post
Bill,

My AP shipped from you guys this passed Thursday, with the 2013 maps pre-installed. Will I need to download the "new" maps upon delivery since mine shipped prior to the "fix".

BTW, My car is a 13 WRX, and I'll be running the AEM intake with it...
You will want to update the AccessPORT firmware when you get it before you install it to the car. The non-stock intake maps (AEM and Cobb SF) are not shipped on the device, so you will need to go to the maps section at cobbtuning.com and download the appropriate AEM map for your car. Then use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map to the AccessPORT. You can do this before you install the AccessPORT so that the map is available when you install (or you can install another map and then reflash this new map afterwards).

Details about updating the firmware and info about the new maps can be found here:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2438310

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #118
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
After the running my car on stage 2 last night, I will say that the power seems to be unleashed. Thanks Cobb!!!!!!'
Thanks for your purchase!

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #119
OverhereOverthere
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 249203
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
PBP

Default

After owning an 08 STi with no mods for the last 3.5 years and then getting a 2013 WRX Stage 1 off the shelf map with COBB SF intake, I would have to say WOW (G rated). I'm virtually speechless, I'm still a little in la la land. The car is A LIVE!!! Thanks a lot Cobb Tuning, my hat goes off to you.
OverhereOverthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #120
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

I agree it feels great. Especially with the ffs the transitions are way smoother from gear to gear.
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #121
Cho.co.pie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Socal
Vehicle:
2013 WRX sedan
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Some points to keep in mind as far as the dealership detecting reflashes:

1. A dealership and/or SOA has the capability of directly or indirectly detecting a currently installed tune (i.e. reflash) regardless of what tuning solution you are using (Cobb, OS, or Ecutek). There are various methods they can employ that we are aware of, but it appears it is not something they do often.

2. There are methods that a dealership can use to indirectly make an assumption about whether you've recently reflashed the ECU or not, even if the factory tune is present when you bring it in. One example is that later models have an obdii parameter that gives you the distance traveled since the ECU was reset. Regardless of the solution, if you reflash a map, you also reset the ECU, so all these learned parameters are cleared. So, a check of that parameter will show that the ECU was recently reset. Other parameters, such as the status of obdii readiness tests can also help someone to infer the same thing. Of course, a battery disconnect could also cause the same ECU reset. Again, not something they appear to do very often.

3. A flash counter already exists on 08+ or so Subarus. It is only incremented by the dealership's tool when they reflash to a newer Subaru ROM image. As such, since the v2 AccessPORT backs up your factory image (assuming you didn't have some other tune on there) when you install the AccessPORT and restores the ROM image when you uninstall, you will not be impacted by this flash counter.

Keep in mind that, generally speaking, the above methods are not usually employed by dealerships unless they suspect abuse as it relates to a warranty claim. Even then, generally they are more concerned with hard parts modifications such as intake or exhaust mods, rather than an ECU reflash. There are certainly some dealerships that are more tolerant of basic mods (including reflashes) than others. In fact, some may sell and install these parts. Finding a mod-friendly dealership is good idea if you are planning on modifying your car during the warranty period. Of course, there is no guarantee against anything - any dealership or SOA can come to any conclusion they want, but being honest about your mods and getting an understanding ahead of time about how a dealership feels about mods is usually a good idea. Regardless, there are federal laws in place to protect the consumer against warranty denials when the aftermarket part (including a reflash) is not the cause of the failure.

Bill
"a battery disconnect could also cause the same ECU reset."

so for example in this type of situation. what if i do send my car in under warranty and they do see that the ecu has been reset. and they start questioning me about possible mods that can void the warranty. so i can possibly say that I just recently installed a front bumper lip and the instructions told me to disconnect the battery would that be believable? cause in a lot of the video tutorials on how to install front lips or mud guards, they always suggest unhooking the battery.
Cho.co.pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #122
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho.co.pie View Post
"a battery disconnect could also cause the same ECU reset."

so for example in this type of situation. what if i do send my car in under warranty and they do see that the ecu has been reset. and they start questioning me about possible mods that can void the warranty. so i can possibly say that I just recently installed a front bumper lip and the instructions told me to disconnect the battery would that be believable? cause in a lot of the video tutorials on how to install front lips or mud guards, they always suggest unhooking the battery.
We do not take a position of recommending lying to your dealership. Bottom line is, the dealership can attempt to deny warranty for any reason they like. Even a bone-stock car with no tune can be denied a warranty claim if they suspect abuse, even if their reasoning or attempt to link the two is thin at best.

That said, it doesn't appear that most dealerships are actively trying to determine if you have an ECU reflash during a typical service or maintenance visit. Certainly, if you have a blown motor, tranny, etc., then the likelihood increases greatly. And certainly there are probably some dealerships that could be actively looking at this at any time.

We do, however, recommend that you uninstall the AccessPORT (if at stage 1) before bringing your car in for service (regardless of whether you are under warranty or not). This is because the dealership could mistake certain modifications of the ECU as a problem and attempt to "fix" them. For example, we prevent the ECU from being reflashed by another device (such as the dealership tools) when the AccessPORT is installed. Dealerships have the habit of reflashing the minor revision changes to the ECU that Subaru releases, even, at times, when you don't ask for them (such as during a routine oil change). We prevent this because if it happened, then you would be not be able to use your AccessPORT afterwards and would have to send it in to us to get unmarried. When the dealership's tool fails to reflash the ECU, they may think there is something wrong with the ECU and attempt to "fix" it. So, it is best with the stage 1 car to simply uninstall before taking in to the dealer or to let the dealer know that you have a stage 1 reflash.

For beyond stage 1 cars (i.e. cars that have other mods besides the tune), where uninstalling would cause the car to run poorly or unsafely, we do not recommend uninstalling the AccessPORT. Instead, letting the dealership know of your reflash is a good idea.

Keep in mind that the list I presented for ECU reflash detection was simply my own guesses (and some things we've heard before) at what the dealership could look at in an attempt to determine if the ECU was reflashed, if they so desired. It was not meant to be the standard operating procedure that Subaru or the dealership follows at any given time. We have no idea what that procedure is, but certainly not every dealership is actively looking for some reason to deny a warranty claim in the future every time you bring the car in to the dealership.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #123
Cho.co.pie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Socal
Vehicle:
2013 WRX sedan
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
We do not take a position of recommending lying to your dealership. Bottom line is, the dealership can attempt to deny warranty for any reason they like. Even a bone-stock car with no tune can be denied a warranty claim if they suspect abuse, even if their reasoning or attempt to link the two is thin at best.

That said, it doesn't appear that most dealerships are actively trying to determine if you have an ECU reflash during a typical service or maintenance visit. Certainly, if you have a blown motor, tranny, etc., then the likelihood increases greatly. And certainly there are probably some dealerships that could be actively looking at this at any time.

We do, however, recommend that you uninstall the AccessPORT (if at stage 1) before bringing your car in for service (regardless of whether you are under warranty or not). This is because the dealership could mistake certain modifications of the ECU as a problem and attempt to "fix" them. For example, we prevent the ECU from being reflashed by another device (such as the dealership tools) when the AccessPORT is installed. Dealerships have the habit of reflashing the minor revision changes to the ECU that Subaru releases, even, at times, when you don't ask for them (such as during a routine oil change). We prevent this because if it happened, then you would be not be able to use your AccessPORT afterwards and would have to send it in to us to get unmarried. When the dealership's tool fails to reflash the ECU, they may think there is something wrong with the ECU and attempt to "fix" it. So, it is best with the stage 1 car to simply uninstall before taking in to the dealer or to let the dealer know that you have a stage 1 reflash.

For beyond stage 1 cars (i.e. cars that have other mods besides the tune), where uninstalling would cause the car to run poorly or unsafely, we do not recommend uninstalling the AccessPORT. Instead, letting the dealership know of your reflash is a good idea.

Keep in mind that the list I presented for ECU reflash detection was simply my own guesses (and some things we've heard before) at what the dealership could look at in an attempt to determine if the ECU was reflashed, if they so desired. It was not meant to be the standard operating procedure that Subaru or the dealership follows at any given time. We have no idea what that procedure is, but certainly not every dealership is actively looking for some reason to deny a warranty claim in the future every time you bring the car in to the dealership.

Bill
Ahh ic. That cleared up any more questions I had. Thanks! I'm working this winter break so I can possibly get an Accessport + Intake. Just got this '13 wrx in september and already put 1600miles on it. suuuuuuuuuper stoked.
Cho.co.pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #124
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ox City
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho.co.pie View Post
Ahh ic. That cleared up any more questions I had. Thanks! I'm working this winter break so I can possibly get an Accessport + Intake. Just got this '13 wrx in september and already put 1600miles on it. suuuuuuuuuper stoked.

I got mine in september and I almost have 9000...
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #125
Cho.co.pie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Socal
Vehicle:
2013 WRX sedan
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxCitywrx09 View Post
I got mine in september and I almost have 9000...
daaang. i live on campus and i drive back home during the weekends, but damn. you must commute a butt load. either that or you must really love your car.

Last edited by Cho.co.pie; 12-02-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Cho.co.pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.