Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 7, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
ToyotaMike
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 286007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR STI Swap
OBP 399.9 WHP E85 PAS/CTC

Thumbs up Perrin turbo blanket and ETS TMIC review

Figured I would toss up a review of the 2 new parts I recently installed on my car.

1st up with the Perrin turbo blanket. One thing I would like to note is that Perrin has very good customer service. When I ordered the blanket it was apparently out of stock. I called and explained how I would really like to have installed prior to my tune and they upgraded my shipping for free to make sure I had it in time so THANK YOU Perrin.

Install was easy, you don't need to do anything crazy to get this on. I started by removing the intercooler, and then my cobb heat shield

I basically followed Perrins install instructions on to route the stainless wire to tie it into place. it was a little tricky but really not hard. It fit without an issue even with the waste gate block off.

Cobb heat shield back on

Next up was the ETS TMIC. As much as I would love a front mount, it is just not worth it with my baby VF39. My tuner did advise that I would benefit from a larger TMIC though. I picked this up through the group by that was going on here on NASIOC. I saw that ETS offered an anodizing service and that was what made my final decision for me. ETS claims less of pressure drop over the Process west, works with stock STI splitter, and for me getting it in black was huge as I really like it in the black.

Packaging was awesome, huge box, tons of peanuts and everything was tapped off nicely

comparison shots

ToyotaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
ToyotaMike
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 286007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR STI Swap
OBP 399.9 WHP E85 PAS/CTC

core

Installation was a breeze. I swapped over my hardline from the STI TMIC with new gaskets from Subaru. The ETS comes with a new throttle body couple and appropriate clamps. The fit was awesome, clears the AC lines and was no more of a fight then the STI one when sliding it into place.

The only thing that required a tiny bit of tweaking was the one bracket on the PVC hard lines, very minimal but figured it was worth noting

all finished up

I also wanted to see how well the stock splitter works with. Little bit of over hang

The car hit the dyno after I installed these parts. I needed to have my tune touched up after doing a 6 speed swap because of my light weight fly wheel. I had previously made 350/416 on a dyno dynamics (VF39/e85 and supporting mods).

Car made great power, 360/411 on a mustang dyno, only changes were the TMIC and a Perrin CBE (from an Apexi NOIR)

After the 3rd pull, Ian from PAS opened the hood and planted his hand on the intercooler and described it as "ice cold"

Thanks for looking
-Mike
ToyotaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
ohiokid83
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 320762
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Silver

Nice write up !
ohiokid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Extreme Turbo Systems
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 194655
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
08 STI
White

Excellent write up. Would be interesting to see the number difference when on the same dyno and similar conditions. Glad you are happy with it.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 360-896-3000
Extreme Turbo Systems is offline   Reply With Quote