Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default 2011 wrx cobb stage 1 + SF Intake (not reaching target boost)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1JeEtqWHJsUUE

Mods: Cobb SF Intake, Invidia Catback exhaust, Cobb accessport.

i am not sure what is wrong, boost creeped only once in the beginning and now it won't go past 15psi and i have reflashed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ajmillan; 09-22-2012 at 11:49 AM.
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
tman7510
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332937
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Check out cobbs website they have maps with high and low waste gates address the problem you are having.
tman7510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7510 View Post
Check out cobbs website they have maps with high and low waste gates address the problem you are having.
I already tried the LWG map and it still did 14.5 psi max not sure if HWG will be a good idea.
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmillan View Post
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0u...GZwQmxmY3lhOE0

Mods: Cobb SF Intake, Invidia Catback exhaust, Cobb accessport.

i am not sure what is wrong, boost creeped only once in the beginning and now it won't go past 15psi and i have reflashed.
Can you convert the log to google doc's native format (with preview)? I am not able to DL logs with my Cobb account.

Thanks,
Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
bacalhau16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297565
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dartmouth, MA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
Silver

Default

The LWG map would have a lower target boost. If you are not achieving the boost u want with the LWG or normal map, then the HWGap is the map you want to use. On my 2011, I had to use the HWG map when i was jot stage 1 and stage 2.
bacalhau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacalhau16 View Post
The LWG map would have a lower target boost. If you are not achieving the boost u want with the LWG or normal map, then the HWGap is the map you want to use. On my 2011, I had to use the HWG map when i was jot stage 1 and stage 2.
So you had to use the highwaste map?
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Can you convert the log to google doc's native format (with preview)? I am not able to DL logs with my Cobb account.

Thanks,
Bill
There i think you should be able to preview now, also my mpg seem to have decreased with light driving conditions.
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmillan View Post
There i think you should be able to preview now, also my mpg seem to have decreased with light driving conditions.
Log looks fine except for the underboost. You can download the high wastegate (HWG) version of the map from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the downloaded map from your computer to the AccessPORT and reflash it to the car.

Mileage should not be notably impacted by these maps, but you will have more power across most of the RPM range, so if you take advantage of that to accelerate faster than you would before, mileage could decrease a little.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning
Log looks fine except for the underboost. You can download the high wastegate (HWG) version of the map from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the downloaded map from your computer to the AccessPORT and reflash it to the car.

Mileage should not be notably impacted by these maps, but you will have more power across most of the RPM range, so if you take advantage of that to accelerate faster than you would before, mileage could decrease a little.

Bill
Yes my tire preassure light went on so i guess that was the cause of the mpg drop, as for underboosting it is now reaching 16psi which i think is acceptable due to the high temperatures and humidity.
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Prem Hatch
Dark Gray Metalic

Default

Just out of curiosity - how did you do your test run? I thought I was underboosting because no one ever told me (even cobb after showing them my datalogs) how to log a proper run. Once I put the car in third and floored it at 2K, I saw a proper boost build, peak, and trail off through the RPM range until redline.

In your log I see you didnt step on it till 3200K (i think since its cut off). And we dont know what gear you are in.

After I did it the way I described above I saw I was actually over-boosting a bit at 17.23psi.
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
ajmillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298536
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: florida
Vehicle:
2013 STI
Satin white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride
Just out of curiosity - how did you do your test run? I thought I was underboosting because no one ever told me (even cobb after showing them my datalogs) how to log a proper run. Once I put the car in third and floored it at 2K, I saw a proper boost build, peak, and trail off through the RPM range until redline.

In your log I see you didnt step on it till 3200K (i think since its cut off). And we dont know what gear you are in.

After I did it the way I described above I saw I was actually over-boosting a bit at 17.23psi.
Yeah that wasn't right I usually floor it at 2500rpm to redline on 3rd gear, that is what the cobb recommends.

Last edited by ajmillan; 09-30-2012 at 11:51 PM.
ajmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.