Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default Stage 2 log

Hey all, here is a log of my stage 2 WRX 93oct normal waste gate map. Some things I noticed were that my DAM was 11, I used to routinely check my DAM and it was always 16. I realize I am not hitting target boost, that is really not a concern to me as this is my DD and it barely sees 4k. I just like to do a log every couple of months to make sure the engine is running properly.



Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 05.wrex; 01-11-2013 at 06:28 PM.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

I went ahead an re flashed with the stage 2 91oct map. This log looks much better to me, but I barely know what I am looking at here. My DAM pulled itself back up to 16 within a couple minutes of driving on this map. After I reflashed I disconnected the battery for a few minutes. I then drove 20 miles on the highway and attempted another WOT pull. 3rd gear 3k to about 6500. I do notice some feedback knock, but I am thinking it could be false knock because that is when I let off the throttle to shift into fourth and then I got back on the throttle. Please let me know your opinions.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Forgot to actually post the log, sorry about that. ^^^^

Last edited by 05.wrex; 01-11-2013 at 06:28 PM.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05.wrex View Post
I went ahead an re flashed with the stage 2 91oct map. This log looks much better to me, but I barely know what I am looking at here. My DAM pulled itself back up to 16 within a couple minutes of driving on this map. After I reflashed I disconnected the battery for a few minutes. I then drove 20 miles on the highway and attempted another WOT pull. 3rd gear 3k to about 6500. I do notice some feedback knock, but I am thinking it could be false knock because that is when I let off the throttle to shift into fourth and then I got back on the throttle. Please let me know your opinions.
Hi there. First thing I would do is to make sure you are using the v310 maps, which are the newest for the 02-05 WRX. On the AccessPORT, go to the "Tune" -> "Show Current Map" and look at the reflash and realtime slots. If they show the v300 maps, then I would download the v310 map from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map from your computer to the AccessPORT. Then you want to reflash the map to the car. It is very important for this map that you reflash it (and not realtime flash it). Reflashing a map requires you to connect the green test mode connectors and the initialization block like you did when you installed the AccessPORT (and disconnecting those when you are done).

Let's see how the v310 map works. You do have a borderline extreme long-term fuel trim (+7%) on the last log which may indicate that you have a fueling issue. After the reflash, these will be cleared. We'll want to take a look at these through about a tank of gas of driving. The map isn't going to effect these, but a mechanical fueling issue (such as an intake tract leak or issue with MAF or front o2 sensor) can.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Hi there. First thing I would do is to make sure you are using the v310 maps, which are the newest for the 02-05 WRX. On the AccessPORT, go to the "Tune" -> "Show Current Map" and look at the reflash and realtime slots. If they show the v300 maps, then I would download the v310 map from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map from your computer to the AccessPORT. Then you want to reflash the map to the car. It is very important for this map that you reflash it (and not realtime flash it). Reflashing a map requires you to connect the green test mode connectors and the initialization block like you did when you installed the AccessPORT (and disconnecting those when you are done).

Let's see how the v310 map works. You do have a borderline extreme long-term fuel trim (+7%) on the last log which may indicate that you have a fueling issue. After the reflash, these will be cleared. We'll want to take a look at these through about a tank of gas of driving. The map isn't going to effect these, but a mechanical fueling issue (such as an intake tract leak or issue with MAF or front o2 sensor) can.

Bill
Yes, I am running the latest stage 2 91oct map with 93oct fuel. I am going to fill up with some fresh fuel after work today and do another log and report back.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05.wrex View Post
Yes, I am running the latest stage 2 91oct map with 93oct fuel. I am going to fill up with some fresh fuel after work today and do another log and report back.
I would keep an eye on A/F Learning 1 A,B,C,D as well over time.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
I would keep an eye on A/F Learning 1 A,B,C,D as well over time.

Bill
Is there a "normal range" that I should be seeing while monitoring these? Im assuming since you pointed it out, that 7% is abnormal? Also I did notice from the log that my AF learning is at 7% while im at cruise before I actually go WOT. I am ASSUMING I should see nothing but 0 at WOT.

Last edited by 05.wrex; 09-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05.wrex View Post
Is there a "normal range" that I should be seeing while monitoring these? Im assuming since you pointed it out, that 7% is abnormal? Also I did notice from the log that my AF learning is at 7% while im at cruise before I actually go WOT. I am ASSUMING I should see nothing but 0 at WOT.
It is not an exact science, but a general rule of thumb is that each of the A/F Learning 1 ranges (A,B,C,D) should be within +/- 5%. Anything outside of +/- 8% indicates a greater likelihood of some kind of mechanical fueling issue. In-between you are borderline and should look and see what happens with further driving.

WOT will use the "D" range and will not necessarily be zero. Although there are no long-term fuel trims learned at WOT, the ECU learns the correction in "D" range in closed loop and then applies that to any airflow above where the "D" range starts, which includes open loop areas such as WOT.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
It is not an exact science, but a general rule of thumb is that each of the A/F Learning 1 ranges (A,B,C,D) should be within +/- 5%. Anything outside of +/- 8% indicates a greater likelihood of some kind of mechanical fueling issue. In-between you are borderline and should look and see what happens with further driving.

WOT will use the "D" range and will not necessarily be zero. Although there are no long-term fuel trims learned at WOT, the ECU learns the correction in "D" range in closed loop and then applies that to any airflow above where the "D" range starts, which includes open loop areas such as WOT.

Bill
Hello again,

I ran through the gas that was used for when the original logs were done. I'm now about a half of a tank through on fresh gas from a different gas station. This log looks much better to me than any of my other logs. The only thing that concerns me is that about 2 miles after finishing the log my A/F learning 1 climbs up to 7.0% again, then a few seconds later drops back down. Then a couple more times on my way back home it climbed up to about 5.x% then would drop back down and stay in the 2-3-4% range. I am starting to get a better understanding of exactly what I am logging now. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Last edited by 05.wrex; 01-11-2013 at 06:28 PM.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
S1CkWrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 325249
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
dgm

Default

^ mine was doing that today.... i have a 2012 wrx it hitting -6.25 roughly then droppiing
S1CkWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05.wrex View Post
Hello again,

I ran through the gas that was used for when the original logs were done. I'm now about a half of a tank through on fresh gas from a different gas station. This log looks much better to me than any of my other logs. The only thing that concerns me is that about 2 miles after finishing the log my A/F learning 1 climbs up to 7.0% again, then a few seconds later drops back down. Then a couple more times on my way back home it climbed up to about 5.x% then would drop back down and stay in the 2-3-4% range. I am starting to get a better understanding of exactly what I am logging now. Take a look and tell me what you think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ER1bS1DNElTY0E
It is normal for them to vary - the worse your described is borderline - may be nothing. I would keep monitoring them and see what happens. Post-MAF intake tract leaks are fairly common (esp. on older cars), so you may want to consider building a pressure test rig (or getting a test done at a local shop) if you see much worse fuel trims.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
05.wrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321656
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
It is normal for them to vary - the worse your described is borderline - may be nothing. I would keep monitoring them and see what happens. Post-MAF intake tract leaks are fairly common (esp. on older cars), so you may want to consider building a pressure test rig (or getting a test done at a local shop) if you see much worse fuel trims.

Bill
Appreciate your time Bill, I definitely will be keeping an eye on those. Ill have the shop do a pressure test when I go in for an alignment in a couple weeks.
05.wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.