Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #2701
Brahmzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3293
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CO
Vehicle:
'14 FXT-T

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
There are places that will be able to make projectors from non-projectors.

--kC
I'm in as long as it's significantly cheaper than a parts swap.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Brahmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #2702
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
Tax, title, and fees apply to any vehicle, regardless of vehicle/manufacturer, so it is not wise use it to stretch a point unless you can provide competitor's prices with tax, title, and fees too. Since this varies from owner, city, county, state, it is not a valid statistical comparison. It just clouds up the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowasuby View Post
If you pay MSRP, you didn't try very hard. I bought from a very small "in the middle of nowhere" Subaru dealership that only had 5 Foresters allocated. If I can get invoice pricing, anyone can, it pays to shop around.

tax/title/license shouldn't be included because it varies wildly among buyers.

Still doesn't make it any less of a reality that all in, it is closer to a $40k car than it is a $30k car. Even if you manage to pay less than MSRP.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #2703
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
'08 2.5i,'65 Stang
'80 Vette L82,'73 914 2.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post

Still doesn't make it any less of a reality that all in, it is closer to a $40k car than it is a $30k car. Even if you manage to pay less than MSRP.
While reality, it is an apples to oranges comparison when everyone discusses MSRP and Invoice pricing as the baseline comparison. Those values are the only hard numbers that are consistent across the board. Sure an Impreza Sport 2.0i out the door is closer to $27k, but oh the horror when you mention that to someone as they think your crazy paying that for an 148 hp econobox.

If you want to talk reality throw in financing, insurance, yearly registration, then you're looking at a $45k Forester.

Last edited by subyski; 03-24-2013 at 07:48 PM.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #2704
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowasuby View Post
I'm not sure where everyone is coming up with this $40k number, here is what I paid:
$34,532 Invoice (includes delivery price) THIS IS WHAT I PAID
That's exactly what I'm saying. ;D Stop throwing around ~$40k like it's some GLK or X3 optioned up. This is a Subaru Forester, not the Tribeca. The Forester barely breaks ~$36k optioned up from Subaru's site.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #2705
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
I'm talking below invoice pricing. Why bother with MSRP "AWmitten" - it doesn't reflect reality. I'm talkin' pricing in the real world, out the door, what I got quotes on.
That is what happens when you tell them what you're trading in.

Stealsman: What are you trading in, sir?
Brahzmitten: A BMW.

Stealsman: Ah, okay. Your quote on your 2014 Subaru Forester is...
Brahzmitten: ... ~$40k my ass.

A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #2706
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowasuby View Post
If you pay MSRP, you didn't try very hard. I bought from a very small "in the middle of nowhere" Subaru dealership that only had 5 Foresters allocated. If I can get invoice pricing, anyone can, it pays to shop around.

tax/title/license shouldn't be included because it varies wildly among buyers.
+1.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #2707
Brahmzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3293
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CO
Vehicle:
'14 FXT-T

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
That is what happens when you tell them what you're trading in.

Stealsman: What are you trading in, sir?
Brahzmitten: A BMW.

Stealsman: Ah, okay. Your quote on your 2014 Subaru Forester is...
Brahzmitten: ... ~$40k my ass.

AW, you're still one of the biggest idiots on the board. I'm not trading anything in. Again, please don't pretend you know me or anything about me you sick stalking weirdo.
Brahmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #2708
Integra96
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 64196
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2010 Family Sedan

Default



Also, FYI all of the XTs for sale around here right now are $37,500+. That's why "almost $40,000" is tossed around.
Integra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #2709
Dgilmore01
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351269
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

.....
Dgilmore01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #2710
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
'08 2.5i,'65 Stang
'80 Vette L82,'73 914 2.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post


Also, FYI all of the XTs for sale around here right now are $37,500+. That's why "almost $40,000" is tossed around.
That is called dealer markup and/or optioned out with Subaru accessories to drive up the cost to maximize dealer profits and capitalize on the initial limited availability of FXTs. Find out from the dealer what justifies that number. Wait until inventory and availability increases. Plus, dealers are still trying to move 2013 Forester models off the lot.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #2711
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
If you want to talk reality throw in financing, insurance, yearly registration, then you're looking at a $45k Forester.
Don't care about that as it will vary from person to person and whether you pay cash vs loan. But for all intents and purposes, whether you are paying MSRP or even invoice, out the door pricing is damn closer to $40k OTD than it is $30k (unless love in a sales tax free state). For most of us the OTD pricing would be very close to $40k. Never said that was good or bad. Each person can make that judgment call themself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
Sure an Impreza Sport 2.0i out the door is closer to $27k, but oh the horror when you mention that to someone as they think your crazy paying that for an 148 hp econobox.
For our Sport Premium we paid ~$21k OTD. However we had VIP pricing. Would never pay $27k for the car OTD. No matter how much we like it. Just wouldn't be worth that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
AW, you're still one of the biggest idiots on the board. I'm not trading anything in. Again, please don't pretend you know me or anything about me you sick stalking weirdo.
Lol

Last edited by 53x12; 03-24-2013 at 09:34 PM.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #2712
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
AW, you're still one of the biggest idiots on the board. I'm not trading anything in. Again, please don't pretend you know me or anything about me you sick stalking weirdo.
I never said you were trading in your $hit. ;D Learn to read, dumbass.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #2713
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post


Also, FYI all of the XTs for sale around here right now are $37,500+. That's why "almost $40,000" is tossed around.
Right. And then there's this thing called sticker shock where ignorant people believe that's the price they'll get OTD with everything included. The world is very different for those who can't see beyond what is placed in front of them.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #2714
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
Don't care about that as it will vary from person to person and whether you pay cash vs loan. But for all intents and purposes, whether you are paying MSRP or even invoice, out the door pricing is damn closer to $40k OTD than it is $30k (unless love in a sales tax free state). For me and my $hitty credit score, OTD pricing would be very close to $40k. Never said that was good or bad. Each person can make that judgment call themself.
Fixed.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #2715
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
...
Why so butt hurt AW?

$34,532
+ $377 (~1% of list price for title and license fees)
+ $2792 (~7-8% sales tax)

$37,701. Yeah looks a lot closer to $40k than $30k, even if you can score invoice pricing.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #2716
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
'08 2.5i,'65 Stang
'80 Vette L82,'73 914 2.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post

For our Sport Premium we paid ~$21k OTD. However we had VIP pricing. Would never pay $27k for the car OTD. No matter how much we like it. Just wouldn't be worth that much.
I meant the Sport Limited. For most people at that trim, they will pay closer to $26-27k OTD. Sure with haggling/VIP pricing, that will be cheaper, but most don't get. Same will apply to the FXT when VIP pricing is available. No longer near the $40k.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #2717
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
I meant the Sport Limited. For most people at that trim, they will pay closer to $26-27k OTD. Sure with haggling/VIP pricing, that will be cheaper, but most don't get. Same will apply to the FXT when VIP pricing is available. No longer near the $40k.
Sure, but even with VIP pricing (either invoice or 2% below) you are closer to $40k than $30k.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #2718
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
'08 2.5i,'65 Stang
'80 Vette L82,'73 914 2.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post

Why so butt hurt AW?

$34,532
+ $377 (~1% of list price for title and license fees)
+ $2792 (~7-8% sales tax)

$37,701. Yeah looks a lot closer to $40k than $30k, even if you can score invoice pricing.
That is if you spec it to $34.5k. FXT Touring is $33k MSRP and $28k for Premium.

$32,995
+ $825 (destination)
+ $330
+ $2,640

$36,790 which is not near $40k unless you do serious rounding. And $31,340 for XT Premium.

Last edited by subyski; 03-24-2013 at 10:27 PM.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #2719
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
That is if you spec it to $34.5k. FXT Touring is $33k MSRP and $28k for Premium.
Maybe you missed the post that started this whole discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
Thinking about it - I'm just not thrilled about spending near $40,000 on a loaded Subaru crossover.


Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
$36,790 which is not near $40k unless you do serious rounding.
Like I said above, is closer to $40k than it is to $30k.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #2720
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
Why so butt hurt AW?

$34,532
+ $377 (~1% of list price for title and license fees)
+ $2792 (~7-8% sales tax)

$37,701. Yeah looks a lot closer to $40k than $30k, even if you can score invoice pricing.
You're willing to pay that much when the Internet prices on Subaru dealers offer them for under ~$35k with EyeSight prior to negotiations?

You must like lollipops.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #2721
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
You're willing to pay that much when the Internet prices on Subaru dealers offer them for under ~$35k with EyeSight prior to negotiations?

You must like lollipops.

I'm not paying anything since I'm not buying a XT. Did you even read the above post by iowasuby? $34,532 plus you need to add TTL for OTD pricing. The "under ~$35k" that you mention above since doesn't include TTL. Got it?
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #2722
schweezly
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187013
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Vehicle:
2013 ST

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post

I'm not paying anything since I'm not buying a XT. Did you even read the above post by iowasuby? $34,532 plus you need to add TTL for OTD pricing. The "under ~$35k" that you mention above since doesn't include TTL. Got it?
$34.5k in the Chicago area gets you at a hair over $38k with TTL



Edit: I should say I'd never buy that loaded of a Forester, but that's just me. The argument here is pretty funny though. There definitely is a decent difference in price of '13 vs '14 loaded right. A loaded '13 can be had around $29k and a '14 probably costs about $5k more, but you get more (eyesite, HK, whatever else)
schweezly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #2723
Integra96
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 64196
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2010 Family Sedan

Default

Tell me about this negotiation concept. It is new to me. Thank you.


Integra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #2724
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
'08 2.5i,'65 Stang
'80 Vette L82,'73 914 2.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post

Maybe you missed the post that started this whole discussion:

Like I said above, is closer to $40k than it is to $30k.
I get it. iowasuby added options and accessories to his price that does not represent what most will pay for, yet let's find an example to stretch it to $40k, just because. Ok fine you win, it is closer to $40k than $30k but come on, don't stretch it. It is also closer to $50k than $20k, too but that does not tell the story either. The fact is you can get out near $30k for an FXT, sans options and accessories.

This all sounds like what people said when the 08 STI came out.
subyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #2725
emac08
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346355
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ontario, California
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
DGM

Default

So the pricing you guys have thrown out here is crazy talk lol. Here is what I PAID, not what they told me I would pay, or what I think I will pay. I actually have purchased (financed one). Remember, I live in Southern California.

2014 F XT TOURING: Popular Package #2 and Splash Guard Kit.
Vehicle invoice INCLUDING standard $825.00 delivery fee: $32,170.00
Selling price to me: $31,510
Document Fee: $80.00
Tax: $2,527.20
DMV Fee: $331.00
Tire Fee: $8.75
Total out the door price: $34,456.95
I financed 100% through Subaru with an APR of 2.25 (over 5 years) which to me doesn't matter as I plan on paying to car off before hand.

Now if you add anything else to this bill eg: GAP coverage, warranty.. etc etc, the price will go up. So overall if you are going to talk the "rounding" game, I think this Suby is closer to a 30k car or a 35k car. Def. not a 40k car.

Hope this helps
emac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.