Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #1126
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 139444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
And? That doesn't mean they wouldn't buy a Subaru Forester. Like I already said, people prioritize money differently and just because they have the money to support a winter or summer house in that kind of area doesn't mean they'd necessarily go with Audi or BMW right off the bat. Some people are diehard Subaru fans, some have the income to dispense but take the top trim Subaru's anyways because of the reliability. I can go on with the list but it's ignorant to assume with that kind of income people are only going to make larger purchases that stereotypes incorrectly target.
No no, you misread, YOU are under the assumption that people who live in "those areas" are rich only proves that you don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to live in a ski town to go snowboarding. I go snowboarding all the time, they have a place that's only 20 minutes drive from my well populated area that makes artificial snow on top of a really large hill. That's how most people ski and snowboard in america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
What? LOL, obviously you haven't seen the Baja. Oh, you're completely wrong. Have you not seen what Porsche, Lamborghini, or Tesla have been doing for the past, I don't know, years they've been in the world?

1% is a lot when you look at the world. You CAN and car manufacturers already DO design vehicles based on 1% of the population.
Actually the baja was designed for people in the 99% population which is a large demographic of buyers. Those exotic car manufacturers also charge an arm and a leg and still are teetering between red and black profit. That's why they're owned by much larger companies that cater to the 99% population like VW(Porsche and Lambo), Fiat(Ferrari & Maseratti). And tesla has staved off bankruptcy by being backed by government green energy dollars, is not expected to make a profit this year. Maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
No one did besides your assumptions.
Your the one who brought up rich people for seemingly no reason at all. That's YOUR assumption i'm trying to make sense off. It holds no merit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #1127
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 139444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
That is apples vs oranges. You have to compare similarly equiped vehicles.
Not really since the XV doesn't offer a base model. i helped my father buy a car last year, the salesman kept trying to upsell him with what he had in stock but the only things my dad cared about were an automatic transmission and air conditioning.

Given the choice between an XV or Forester, it would be a no brainer.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #1128
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggplaya View Post
No no, you misread, YOU are under the assumption that people who live in "those areas" are rich only proves that you don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to live in a ski town to go snowboarding. I go snowboarding all the time, they have a place that's only 20 minutes drive from my well populated area that makes artificial snow on top of a really large hill. That's how most people ski and snowboard in america.


Actually the baja was designed for people in the 99% population which is a large demographic of buyers. Those exotic car manufacturers also charge an arm and a leg and still are teetering between red and black profit. That's why they're owned by much larger companies that cater to the 99% population like VW(Porsche and Lambo), Fiat(Ferrari & Maseratti). And tesla has staved off bankruptcy by being backed by government green energy dollars, is not expected to make a profit this year. Maybe next year.


Your the one who brought up rich people for seemingly no reason at all. That's YOUR assumption i'm trying to make sense off. It holds no merit.
Lmao, you're obviously off your rocker. How do you not understand the words:

"People with enough money don't need to cart around that kind of equipment when it's already at their winter and summer houses. That doesn't mean that people with that kind of money wouldn't buy a Subaru. It just means that they prioritize money differently."

Right there. It says "That doesn't mean that people with that kind of money wouldn't buy a Subaru." Half the people on NASIOC understand what that means. In layman terms, it means just because certain people have that kind of income, it doesn't mean they'll always buy a bigger SUV just because they have the income.

" People with that kind of money to have a separate winter home can afford another car to go with that home, in particular a big SUV."

That's what you said. I'm saying just because they can afford it doesn't mean they will buy it. How do you not grasp the concept of NOT assuming the type of car you buy is completely DEPENDENT upon your income? There are similarities but it is in no way 100% dependent.

There you go. I had to dumb it down for you.

Where the hell is Justy? Someone explain to this guy what the Baja really was and why it's no longer offered by Subaru. Just reading his posts remind me of how presumptuous ignorant people are.

Last edited by A W; 11-19-2012 at 03:16 PM.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1129
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

This still has potential to be a good, informative thread. We just need a mod to clean some stuff up.

lol@"base"XT
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #1130
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
This still has potential to be a good, informative thread. We just need a mod to clean some stuff up.

lol@"base"XT
There isn't anything that needs to be cleaned up.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #1131
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
There isn't anything that needs to be cleaned up.
Well, besides that chano guy's face. Lol. Everything else is clean compared to his smug face.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #1132
Otobot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306844
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift

My opinion.

Most hybrids make at least 40 mpg and the Subaru system uses a 1.6T so I doubt it's much higher.
My wives Prius C is rated at 53 city and 46 hwy. Although it consistantly gets much higher than that. I am starting to think the EPA test cycle is a bit taxing on hybrids. Subarus new hybrid better get at least 53 or better MPG to compete.

Yes it will be AWD, but frankly most people in the market for a hybrid could care less. I personally would be all over a car that has AWD, utility, and gets higher than 50 mpg!

Sorry for the slight derail.
Otobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #1133
Brahmzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3293
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CO
Vehicle:
'14 FXT-T
'15 WRX? '15 STI?

Default

REALLY? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT F'ING PRIUS'S IN A FORESTER THREAD?

Please people. Quit all of the bitching and whining and Prius, Impreza, STi and Baja comparisons. This is about information on the 1014 Forester.
Brahmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1134
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post

Where the hell is Justy? Someone explain to this guy what the Baja really was and why it's no longer offered by Subaru. Just reading his posts remind me of how presumptuous ignorant people are.
Right here and I WAS going to comment but agree with Brahmzy about keeping on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
REALLY? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT F'ING PRIUS'S IN A FORESTER THREAD?

Please people. Quit all of the bitching and whining and Prius, Impreza, STi and Baja comparisons. This is about information on the 1014 Forester.

Good for a chuckle.

I don't think there will be any sort of roof rack delete option for the new Forester(premium and up). To keep on topic .
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #1135
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 139444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Lmao, you're obviously off your rocker. How do you not understand the words:

"People with enough money don't need to cart around that kind of equipment when it's already at their winter and summer houses. That doesn't mean that people with that kind of money wouldn't buy a Subaru. It just means that they prioritize money differently."

Right there. It says "That doesn't mean that people with that kind of money wouldn't buy a Subaru." Half the people on NASIOC understand what that means. In layman terms, it means just because certain people have that kind of income, it doesn't mean they'll always buy a bigger SUV just because they have the income.

" People with that kind of money to have a separate winter home can afford another car to go with that home, in particular a big SUV."

That's what you said. I'm saying just because they can afford it doesn't mean they will buy it. How do you not grasp the concept of NOT assuming the type of car you buy is completely DEPENDENT upon your income? There are similarities but it is in no way 100% dependent.

There you go. I had to dumb it down for you.

Where the hell is Justy? Someone explain to this guy what the Baja really was and why it's no longer offered by Subaru. Just reading his posts remind me of how presumptuous ignorant people are.
OMG you have no reading comprehension skills at all. My response about wealth was solely a response to YOU bringing up income. Which was completely irrelevant. The original context below. Again, i'm saying you're wrong and completely irrelevant to my original text, you went off on some weird tangent and i followed up.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggplaya

Also, try doing winter sports of kayaking without a roof rack.

Quote:
People with enough money don't need to cart around that kind of equipment when it's already at their winter and summer houses. That doesn't mean that people with that kind of money wouldn't buy a Subaru. It just means that they prioritize money differently.
Also, i believe you're wrong, very few people with that kind of money buy a subaru. Upper middle class maybe. Demographic wise, you're talking a very very small percentage.

Also, the baja was aimed at a larger demographic whos income falls in the 99%. The income of the 99% is millions of americans vs thousands.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #1136
chet24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315018
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Kamas, Utah
Vehicle:
09 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
This is about information on the 1014 Forester.
chet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #1137
Jumpem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 89383
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggplaya View Post
I use my roof rails all the time. We have a roof basket for our Rav 4 and having a baby and a dog, we use it anytime we go on a trip. It's the only place we can put our luggage and we carry our bikes on the back at the same time.

Also, i've used it for large furniture boxes that won't fit inside the vehicle. I simply lay the box flat on the rails and ratchet strap it in place.

I have a feeling you don't own a house yet or have a family. The roof rack becomes essential.

Also, try doing winter sports of kayaking without a roof rack.
I have a house and kids. I would never use the roof rack. As was mentioned, it is too likely to scratch the paint.
Jumpem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #1138
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet24 View Post
That's what Justy drives to work in.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #1139
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet24 View Post
Yes! The 1014 Forester!

Funny.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #1140
Palnick
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337201
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

I have a forester and do use the roof rails occasionally. That being said, it is an SUV. U for utility. Why buy a SUV as strictly a performance vehicle?? No roof rails?, lower the car? Just get a sports car
The forester looks way more rugged and aggressive with rails.
Palnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #1141
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palnick View Post
I have a forester and do use the roof rails occasionally. That being said, it is an SUV. U for utility. Why buy a SUV as strictly a performance vehicle?? No roof rails?, lower the car? Just get a sports car
The forester looks way more rugged and aggressive with rails.
Everyone has their own taste. Just because it's a CUV (more accurate) doesn't mean it can't be sporty or a performance vehicle. Porsche knows that as does Subaru.

I have roof rails and my Forester XT came with the aero cross bars. I never use them though because I always go to the slopes by myself. Some people like how it looks lowered and others like how it performs lowered. I personally like the ground clearance since blizzards aren't uncommon in Colorado. And I don't like having to go 5 MPH over a speed bump or through a dip.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1142
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
That's what Justy drives to work in.

That probably had more HP than my Justy.


Sorry. Off topic.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1143
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post

I don't think there will be any sort of roof rack delete option for the new Forester(premium and up). To keep on topic .
Not official from Subaru obviously. Aftermarket and whatnot with modifications, yes, as someone always finds a way. Don't doubt ricer desires.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #1144
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 139444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpem View Post
I have a house and kids. I would never use the roof rack. As was mentioned, it is too likely to scratch the paint.
Not if you're careful, if you like to ramrod everything on top then yes. Same can be said for the top of the rear bumper.

I have no scratches on my roof and use the roof rails all the time. You're not using the car to it's full potential. However, if you have a larger vehicle in the family, or drop the kids off at home and make 2 trips, or like to pay delivery fees. Then you don't need to use the full potential.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1145
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggplaya View Post
Not really since the XV doesn't offer a base model. i helped my father buy a car last year, the salesman kept trying to upsell him with what he had in stock but the only things my dad cared about were an automatic transmission and air conditioning.

Given the choice between an XV or Forester, it would be a no brainer.

Of course it is. How can you compare a base to a premium? Might as well compare a limited to a base at that point. Compare the premium to premium.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #1146
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

All gggplaya's saying is that a '14 Forester can be had for cheaper than a '14 XV Crosstrek, which will apparently be true. Why would he compare Premium to Premium when he's looking at a Base Forester? It's not his fault there's no equivalent XV Crosstrek offered.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #1147
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpem View Post
I have a house and kids. I would never use the roof rack. As was mentioned, it is too likely to scratch the paint.
Where do you put your Christmas tree? Inside the vehicle?
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #1148
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepclam View Post
Where do you put your Christmas tree? Inside the vehicle?
well, yes actually. i do have roof rails and racks and use them. but i buy the the plastic/metal/synthetic tree. fits nicely in a box that fits inside the car.
ans2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #1149
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
well, yes actually. i do have roof rails and racks and use them. but i buy the the plastic/metal/synthetic tree. fits nicely in a box that fits inside the car.
That's practically un-American.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #1150
Brahmzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3293
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CO
Vehicle:
'14 FXT-T
'15 WRX? '15 STI?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet24 View Post
LOL! Ooops. Needs a hood scoop.
Brahmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.