Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #101
junlee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333691
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

So SOA answered both of my emails today saying:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Subaru of America Inc.

I verified that your order is in our system however there is no updated info as of yet. I would recommend staying in contact with your dealership for updates, you are more than welcomed to contact us as well.

Jim Specht

Customer/ Dealer Services
and

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.

We are happy to hear that you have placed an order for a new Impreza. I checked the records and your order has been safely entered into our computer system. At this time, there is no delivery information.

I would recommend that you check back in about 6-8 weeks time to see if there is any new information.

Sincerely,

Kelly Shinault
Subaru of America, Inc.
So, nothing new here.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
junlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #102
EM101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324428
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Got this reply from SOA on our order for two Impreza Sport Limited:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America Inc.

Our system is showing both vehicles are scheduled to arrive to the dealership at the end of October/ beginning of November. I would recommend staying in contact with your dealership, they will be the first to know what the vehicles arrive.

Jim Specht
EM101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #103
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
Gratz man! Post pics! I'm jealous!

Order placed with dealer on 7/16, and submitted to Subaru on 8/15 (date accepted by Subaru). Arrived eactly 8 weeks to the day on 10/15.

Fresh off the truck....











Option list:
Moonroof/Nav
Splash Guards (Aero)
Sport Mesh Grille
Roof spoiler
Front underspoiler
Body Side Molding
Cargo net
Seat back protector
Wheel locks
Homelink
Upgraded speakers
Leather

Last edited by Piper; 10-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #104
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Congrats! Now you can change your vehicle info in your user CP.

I called Grand Subaru again today only to hear that there is still no update on my order. I was told that I was the SECOND person at the dealership to put in a order for a 2013 Impreza. Neither #1 or myself (#2) have received any information or updates about our orders yet, while others down the list have solid delivery dates already.

I was also told that the dealer is now telling customers 4-5 MONTHS for estimated delivery times due to high demand for new Outbacks, Impreza's and of course, the new XV CrossTrek. He admitted that they've lost many customers over this long order time frame. I said that if I knew it was going to take as long as it has I would have never put in my order.

Piper-
I don't know if there is an official 2013 Impreza Pics thread, but you should definitely post your pics there as well... I better not see you in this thread anymore now that you have your car!
I am glad though that one less person will be in this thread. The people in this thread must be among the most angry/frustrated group on the whole board.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #105
junlee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333691
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
I was also told that the dealer is now telling customers 4-5 MONTHS for estimated delivery times due to high demand for new Outbacks, Impreza's and of course, the new XV CrossTrek. He admitted that they've lost many customers over this long order time frame. I said that if I knew it was going to take as long as it has I would have never put in my order.
I wonder if I should email my dealer and tell them that SOA is no where near being able to make the 6-8 week estimate and request my down payment back :|
junlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #106
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334249
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper

Order placed with dealer on 7/16, and submitted to Subaru on 8/15 (date accepted by Subaru). Arrived eactly 8 weeks to the day on 10/15.

Fresh off the truck....

Option list:
Moonroof/Nav
Splash Guards (Aero)
Sport Mesh Grille
Roof spoiler
Front underspoiler
Body Side Molding
Cargo net
Seat back protector
Wheel locks
Homelink
Upgraded speakers
Leather
Soooo drooling right now! Love the DGM color, that was my 2nd color choice. Mine will look like this just MBP instead btw leather wasn't an option you got it with the limited option, lol. Have fun driving it, can't wait to get my 5MT!
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #107
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
Soooo drooling right now! Love the DGM color, that was my 2nd color choice. Mine will look like this just MBP instead btw leather wasn't an option you got it with the limited option, lol. Have fun driving it, can't wait to get my 5MT!
Yep, not sure why I listed leather

Car was well worth the wait. I don't think the dealer or SoA had any idea the car was going to show-up when it did. Tried several times over the past month to get an update, but never had any success. I'm only ~200 miles from the port in Vancover, WA, so I'm sure that helped with the delivery date.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #108
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334249
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Yep, not sure why I listed leather

Car was well worth the wait. I don't think the dealer or SoA had any idea the car was going to show-up when it did. Tried several times over the past month to get an update, but never had any success. I'm only ~200 miles from the port in Vancover, WA, so I'm sure that helped with the delivery date.
Well I am in Spokane, WA which isn't that terribly far from Vancouver, WA either (6 hours of driving, been there). I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said they are expecting there 2013s Impreza orders to show up November 10-14th. Nothing specific on just my car, though. I would love to get shocked with my car coming in sooner though! I have looked and looked and nothing quite matches the Impreza overall for what I want. I started shopping in June, sold my G35 1st week of August and by then I knew I wanted the Impreza. Can't wait to have AWD for the first time.

Btw my first mod right away will be 20% tint all the way around Then I will just drive it! Maybe later if I get bored some 2012/2013 WRX wheels!
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #109
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
Btw my first mod right away will be 20% tint all the way around Then I will just drive it! Maybe later if I get bored some 2012/2013 WRX wheels!
Going in tomorrow for 35/20 tint. Should set the color off very nice.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #110
Imprezasport12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317866
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper

Going in tomorrow for 35/20 tint. Should set the color off very nice.
I did the same I suggest 20 all around.
Imprezasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #111
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee View Post
I wonder if I should email my dealer and tell them that SOA is no where near being able to make the 6-8 week estimate and request my down payment back :|
I should note that my experience should not dissuade you from keeping your order in the system or not. I'm almost in the middle of the country and my dealer may not get as much volume as the dealer you ordered from. Your dealer could get your vehicle within the time frame they quoted you. If I had to guess I'd say to see what SoA tells you and expect that you'll take delivery in the later half of their estimate. If you can't live with that, then you might be better off getting your downpayment back.

I'm too far along to turn back now. Unless it gets to be November and I still do not have a delivery date, I'm going to start looking at other Subaru's or other cars alltogether. I will make sure though to get the deal of a lifetime though. I'm not wasting any unnecessary time at the dealer when my car comes in.

Let's get this thread back on track.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #112
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

Nice pics!!! That makes the wait worth it! I ordered mine 4 door limited color black,and all the feats you got. I ordered on 9/8/12, SOA says Dec, can't wait....ugh!
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #113
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

got passed by a dgm this am on the way to work, made me drool so bad. I
can't wait for mine to come in. Already got everything for it just need to get front license plate bracket and a few odds and ends. Not too worried about when it comes in I already have my g/f 2013 impreza in red so I get my fix on the weekends Also got her tints, upgraded the battery since well winter, and put in the pioneer 4400 touch screen head unit adding in camera this weekend.
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #114
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default Persistence and a record

I called SoA again today not expecting any updates as usual.

I got a vin. JF1GPAD60D180XXXX

I couldn't believe it.

I ALSO couldn't believe what I heard next.

The delivery date.... Wait for it.

November... 26th! OMFG... 110 days... Almost SIXTEEN WEEKS... Jeez Subaru, couldn't you have waited a couple more days just to round it up to the 16 week mark? Or better yet you could have waited 4 more weeks, and I could have had a nice Christmas present! I mean you've had no problem delaying my order this long. Needless to say I'm going to be on the phone with SoA until they can compensate me a bit more than the $250 they already stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
sucks, i know some people on here waited something like 96 days from the day of order to get their car. lucky for me, i bought one on the lot.
Well ans2k, it looks very good that I'm going to beat that 96 day record. Who else is game??

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm relieved that I have a solid date, but still pissed as hell that it's so far away.

Last edited by arsa13; 10-17-2012 at 06:01 PM.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #115
KnitPurl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329348
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Order Date: 8/14
ETA: November
VIN Received: 9/24
Arrived at Dealer: 10/12
Pulled in Driveway: 10/17

2013 Impreza Sport Limited in ISM with Moonroof/Nav and the following features:

Roof Spoiler
Front Underspoiler
Sport Mesh Grille
Aero Splash Guards
Body Side Moldings
Cargo Tray
Rear Seatback Protectors
Autodim Mirror with Homelink

As soon as I got home, I added in the WeatherTech floor liners, so I'm ready for tomorrow's forecasted rain.

Will probably add in the future: strake kit and remote starter

Awaiting beginning of November to get winter shoes on.

Love, love, love my new Subie!


Last edited by KnitPurl; 10-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.
KnitPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #116
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Congrats!

And Subaru had the balls to tell me that orders are fulfilled on a first come first served basis! Yeah, you flat out LIED to me. I don't know what the hell is taking them so long, but they better get their ass in gear. I want my car by the end of this month!
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #117
junlee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333691
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Congrats on those of you who got your cars!

I unfortunately do not have the patience to play the waiting game, and I wish that I had read this part of the forums before I ordered mine

I just got back from a Kia dealership, and they are willing to give me a fully loaded 2013 Optima EX for ~$25,000 after tax and all fees (~$1500 more than the 2.0i limited that I ordered), so I'm gonna go for it. Now I need to convince the Subaru dealership to give me my down payment back...
junlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #118
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee View Post
Congrats on those of you who got your cars!

I unfortunately do not have the patience to play the waiting game, and I wish that I had read this part of the forums before I ordered mine

I just got back from a Kia dealership, and they are willing to give me a fully loaded 2013 Optima EX for ~$25,000 after tax and all fees (~$1500 more than the 2.0i limited that I ordered), so I'm gonna go for it. Now I need to convince the Subaru dealership to give me my down payment back...
Legally, they have to give it back to you.

As for the Kia... Hope your happy with it. IMO, it's all fail because the Subaru beats it on price, AWD, ground clearance, curb weight, Manual Trans (not an option on the KIA), looks, resale value, reliability and MPG- barely if you go CVT. The worst part of my Subaru I'm predicting is the horrendous wait time I've had to endure, that aside it's all WIN.

Last edited by arsa13; 10-17-2012 at 09:34 PM.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #119
junlee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333691
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
Legally, they have to give it back to you.

As for the Kia... Hope your happy with it. IMO, it's all fail because the Subaru beats it on price, AWD, ground clearance, curb weight, Manual Trans (not an option on the KIA), looks, resale value, reliability and MPG- barely if you go CVT. The worst part of my Subaru I'm predicting is the horrendous wait time I've had to endure, that aside it's all WIN.
I think the optima looks a million times better than the impreza personally. It looks like a lexus or something really expensive. I also don't care about the manual transmission, as I ordered a CVT.

With the Optima, I get heated & cooled leather seats, heated rear seats, heated mirrors, panoramic sun roof (2 of them), 200hp engine, mirror mounted turn signals, much nicer overall interior, backup camera and full touchscreen audio system with 8 speakers (infinity), and so much more.

If I even got the moon roof and nav in the impreza to get the rear camera, it would have put the price way over the kia.

As far as I'm concerned, the kia beats it in every possible way except for the rated MPG and AWD, which was the only reason that I ordered the impreza. But I'm willing to just grab a good pair of snow tires and stick with FWD as I have done my entire driving career.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the impreza, but there's not a doubt that I will enjoy the kia more.

Oh..it also beat the impreza in safety ratings too...

Anyway good luck with whatever choice you end up making about yours, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
junlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #120
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334249
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee

I think the optima looks a million times better than the impreza personally. It looks like a lexus or something really expensive. I also don't care about the manual transmission, as I ordered a CVT.

With the Optima, I get heated & cooled leather seats, heated rear seats, heated mirrors, panoramic sun roof (2 of them), 200hp engine, mirror mounted turn signals, much nicer overall interior, backup camera and full touchscreen audio system with 8 speakers (infinity), and so much more.

If I even got the moon roof and nav in the impreza to get the rear camera, it would have put the price way over the kia.

As far as I'm concerned, the kia beats it in every possible way except for the rated MPG and AWD, which was the only reason that I ordered the impreza. But I'm willing to just grab a good pair of snow tires and stick with FWD as I have done my entire driving career.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the impreza, but there's not a doubt that I will enjoy the kia more.

Oh..it also beat the impreza in safety ratings too...

Anyway good luck with whatever choice you end up making about yours, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
While there are some things Kia has going for them they just started making better cars these last few years while companies like Subaru have been doing it much longer. If Kia keeps up the good work I see them being a great car in the future but they need to last and be reliable like brands such as Subaru Honda and Toyota. Until then I will pay extra for my AWD and reliability and be safe in all weather. So have fun with fail wheel drive, lol.

So I get to play the waiting game........
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #121
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
I called SoA again today not expecting any updates as usual.

I got a vin. JF1GPAD60D180XXXX

I couldn't believe it.

I ALSO couldn't believe what I heard next.

The delivery date.... Wait for it.

November... 26th! OMFG... 110 days... Almost SIXTEEN WEEKS... Jeez Subaru, couldn't you have waited a couple more days just to round it up to the 16 week mark? Or better yet you could have waited 4 more weeks, and I could have had a nice Christmas present! I mean you've had no problem delaying my order this long. Needless to say I'm going to be on the phone with SoA until they can compensate me a bit more than the $250 they already stated.



Well ans2k, it looks very good that I'm going to beat that 96 day record. Who else is game??

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm relieved that I have a solid date, but still pissed as hell that it's so far away.
Based on my experience with the info SoA provides, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd be surprised if you didn't have it by the first week in November. One caveat here is your 2000+ miles from the port.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #122
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default My Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Based on my experience with the info SoA provides, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd be surprised if you didn't have it by the first week in November. One caveat here is your 2000+ miles from the port.
Yeah, the SoA rep I spoke with said it would be "in port" by the beginning of November. That's why I was told 11/26 as the date to expect it at the dealer...

I'm VERY suspicious though. I suspect that my dealer doesn't want to give me a courtesy car for 2 measly weeks like they promised. I have some 'proof' to support this claim. The salesman I've been in contact with from day one (and almost 2-3 times a week recently) told me on Tuesday that he was specifically and intentionally checking on my order every Monday, Wednesday and Friday recently. I told him to NOT call me if there were no updates for obvious reasons, mainly to not get my hopes up. Well, guess what? On Wednesday when I called SoA and got a vin, the dealer didn't call. Joe (my salesman) WAS at work. Now, besides the fact that I've given multiple people my cell phone number multiple times at that dealership I still didn't get a call.

Now, I know what you're all thinking, I'm crazy. You're probably right. However, consider this. When I called SoA today a very odd assortment of events took place. I'll start from the beginning.

I called SoA (with my WORK phone) and got a guy named Jim or something. I gave him my von and initially he said there was no info, it was still scheduled for November. I was about to hang up, and I thought what the hell, and asked specifically if there was still no VIN for my order. He then gave me the vin and said the car was going to arrive in the first week of November. Great, I was pleased, and hung up. He called me back within a minute or two on my CELL phone which I had NEVER given SoA. This can only mean that my dealer gave SoA my cell number for some reason...

Now, the plot thickens. When I was on the line with Jim for the second time, I had a ****ty connection (thanks AT&T) and I heard him tell me that he messed up the dates, telling me the date my car is scheduled to arrive in port initially. Then I asked him when it was supposed to arrive at the dealer and that's when he told me 11/26. Then, within seconds, HE hung up on ME. I know this because my cell phone didn't say "call failed" like it does EVERY TIME when stupid AT&T drops my calls. Quickly I called back on my work phone and attempted to talk to Jim again, but surprise, surprise, he was busy... Third time I called back, I got a lady who said I'd need to talk to a guy I spoke with a couple weeks ago about the $250 credit I'd been promised. That wasn't too weird.

So now with this information, I've been looking around the forums here and the average time from vin to dealer is about 1.5 - 2.5 weeks approximately. So, with this information I now suspect that the est. dealer delivery date is somewhere closer to 10/26, not 11/26, which I REALLY hope is true. I don't want to have to wait until 'cyber Monday' for my car to get close enough close enough to me to purchase.

Well, I think that's enough venting for the night. Hopefully I have some good news tomorrow. I'm going to try and get up early to call SoA and sort things out.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #123
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default It's my opinion, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee View Post
I think the optima looks a million times better than the impreza personally. It looks like a lexus or something really expensive. I also don't care about the manual transmission, as I ordered a CVT.

With the Optima, I get heated & cooled leather seats, heated rear seats, heated mirrors, panoramic sun roof (2 of them), 200hp engine, mirror mounted turn signals, much nicer overall interior, backup camera and full touchscreen audio system with 8 speakers (infinity), and so much more.

If I even got the moon roof and nav in the impreza to get the rear camera, it would have put the price way over the kia.

As far as I'm concerned, the kia beats it in every possible way except for the rated MPG and AWD, which was the only reason that I ordered the impreza. But I'm willing to just grab a good pair of snow tires and stick with FWD as I have done my entire driving career.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the impreza, but there's not a doubt that I will enjoy the kia more.

Oh..it also beat the impreza in safety ratings too...

Anyway good luck with whatever choice you end up making about yours, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
First off, I WASN'T arguing with you. As I said, in my post... It's my opinion. You can disagree with me, and you're entitled to your own opinion, but I still stand by my opinion.

You don't care for MT, I need it. Auto & CVT trans's are boring as hell for me to drive. YAWN... I honestly liked the way the Optima USED to look a few years ago, but now it's just fugly in MY OPINION. You can list all the extras you got, but in the end, (in my opinion) it's still a Korean car that doesn't appeal to me. I know plenty of previous Kia owners that have good reasons to never buy one again, and I have yet to see why I should disagree with them...

I could care less about leather because honestly it needs upkeep which I won't do. Leather cracks, scratches, soaks up smells and spills... Too many negatives for me personally. Also, I'm going to start a family soon. Not practical in that sense for me either.

As for the snow... I must politely disagree with you. Honestly, I know from experience. I used to drive a Saab (front wheel drive) with Blizzaks for a dedicated winter tire and I still struggled in the snow. Subaru AWD rapes in the snow hands down, even with junk tires.

Oh, and that turbo needs something that makes that car just a BIT more expensive than the Impreza... Premium fuel. Does it have a turbo? Yes? Check your owners manual. You'll need to run premium. Enjoy! I suffered with my Saab, and I'm never going back unless I turn 40 and get a 'mid-life crisis' car.

As for the safety ratings, I'll let this quote from thecarconnection.com speak for itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarconnection.com
The federal government still hasn't tested the current Impreza, but in IIHS testing the 2012 model earned the group's Top Safety Pick accolade—with top 'good' ratings in every category—and we expect the 2013 model to do the same.

THE BOTTOM LINE:
The 2013 Impreza keeps with Subaru's excellent track record for high safety ratings.
So, I don't know how your claim of the Kia 'beating' the Impreza in safety ratings is valid because the new impreza still hasn't been tested yet.

I honestly took a look at the Kia after you posted about your purchase. I figured you might be on to something. My list of wants for my new car was short and included, manual transmission, all-wheel drive and good to excellent gas mileage. That's it. The Kia had one point for me, the mileage. I really wanted to believe you were on to something, but it doesn't fit me. The Subaru does. I really hope you enjoy your car because you'll be paying for it for a while, just like I will for my Impreza.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #124
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
While there are some things Kia has going for them they just started making better cars these last few years while companies like Subaru have been doing it much longer. If Kia keeps up the good work I see them being a great car in the future but they need to last and be reliable like brands such as Subaru Honda and Toyota. Until then I will pay extra for my AWD and reliability and be safe in all weather. So have fun with fail wheel drive, lol.

So I get to play the waiting game........
When did you put your order in again? I hope you haven't been waiting too long.
I agree with you about all the points you made, especially Fail Wheel Drive. It's better than wRong Wheel Drive in the winter, but that's just about it.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #125
cole70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334033
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SP
SWP

Default

My Impreza is IN! Its at the dealer and I pick it up on Saturday! About a week earlier than what was told. Cant wait to pick it up!

recap: ordered 8/15, told November delivery, got VIN 10/5, told 10/24 for delivery, car delivered to dealer (in Michigan) 10/18

So HOPEFULLY everyone waiting will be getting their cars sooner than what they are being told. Fingers crossed for you guys!
cole70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.