Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
K2e2vin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308481
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Default Car stalling during idle

Setup:
-2005 LGT with stock 32-bit ECU+modified tables
-version 9 EJ207 with EJ255 intake cams
-02-06 WRX Air Fuel/O2 sensor

This started happening randomly, though it's now more frequent, but at idle it would sometimes just turn off. Initially it would hesisitate and try to compensate(I'd say the pressure gauge losing vacuum), but still turned off. Today, it started happening while the clutch up and not necessarily at the stop light(happended again today while I was turning and also in a parking lot). Also, on a cold motor I can sometimes feel it hesitating under ~2000rpm and part throttle; so I assume it's related to something during closed loop.

I thought it may be a vacuum leak or something but I couldn't find any(I retorqued the BPV and clamps on the turbo hose to make sure).

I do have a CEL, P0131 IIRC; could that cause it? It's not the sensor itself since I replaced it and am getting the same code; I'm sure it's the ECU that can't read that range(rescaled the table to read that O2 sensor; 32bit ECU). I've ordered an OE O2 sensor but it's still in transit. Though, I've had that code for a while and it never ran this badly.

Please, any suggestions or where to look would help immensely.

Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

get the codes read...post them ALL

and replace the o2 sensor and reset the ecu and see what happens
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Legatron02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 295810
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
98 LGT EJ205 swap
Spruce Pearl

Running lean? check your inlet and post MAF boost lines
Legatron02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
K2e2vin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Thanks!

I'll check the codes again once I get home(I'm still at work right now, left my laptop at home); but last time only P0131 showed up for both(using Learning View).
Old 03-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
K2e2vin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Ok I got P0132 now; P0131 is still in the stored DTC area. So definitely O2 sensor? Also, I tried logging but I noticed the AFR does not change from 14.7(RomRadier Logger).
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

sounds like the sensor is dead or the wiring is or both
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 AM   #7
K2e2vin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Thanks Uncle Scotty. I don't think anything is wrong with the O2 sensor(I bought it off a member that said it has about 100mi or less on there); my "old" O2 sensor that came with the swap did something similar, just not as bad; though these are I guess you can say "16-bit" O2 sensors; the scale for them are over a wider range than the newer sensors. I tried using these since the newer ones have a large flange/washer that wouldn't work with the twin-scroll downpipe. I'm assuming the ECU can't physically read how low or high that sensor is outputting. If you say it's the sensor then I'll definitely swap it out ASAP; but I'm assuming I have nothing else to worry about?

Main reason I started this thread was I don't know how much the O2 sensor(s) affect the engine. My background is in Honda so I'm still learning(with the Hondas a bad or missing O2 only affected CL/while driving; so idle, etc. isn't really affected much).