Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
idleaircontrol
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 184665
Default B&B (Billy Boat) catback exhaust

I have used the NASIOC forums for years to determine which car parts to purchase so I wanted to return the favor with a review of my single most favorite car part.

A year ago I ordered the twin-tip B&B catback exhaust for my 02' WRX with a hybrid STI engine. It is a handmade exhaust, made to order direct from Billy Boat in the USA. Turn In Concepts performed the install and said the quality and fitment of this exhaust was better than any they had ever encountered. That says a lot considering they've seen hundreds of other catbacks over the years. The appearance of those 3" twin tips is gorgeous! It tastefully informs you that this is not a stock exhaust without being obnoxious.

Agreeably it is also one of the best sounding exhausts anyone who hears this car has ever heard. That also says a lot considering it's only a 4 cylinder. Mine may be somewhat lower in tone than a 2.0L since my engine is a 2.5L with full 3" exhaust and ported exhaust manifolds and cross pipe, but I cannot imagine it sounding bad on any Subaru 2.0L or otherwise. The WRX exhaust video on the B&B website does not do this catback any justice. It is significantly more aggressive and deeper in person and satisfying at any rpm. It's in the middle of the quiet vs. loud spectrum. My car is a wagon so it's louder inside than any sedan but I got used to it in a month. I also have a high flow cat to quiet things down a bit. It's pleasantly mysterious at idle and feroucious under throttle, inspiring fear or jealousy in innocent bystanders. Next to the 2.5L engine swap, this particular catback has become my favorite adaptation to my WRX. Very highly recommended!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
idleaircontrol is offline   Reply With Quote