Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default headers for Avo turbo kit

I have a 2010 subaru impreza and installed a Avo turbo kit but I want to know if there is a bearded that works with the Avo turbo kit
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Is this an OEM location turbo?
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport
Is this an OEM location turbo?
This location is on the back of the engine on top next to the firewall, by the abs module
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Is this an OEM location turbo?

YES it is OEM liek location except it is rotated as the EJ253 doesnt have a maifold that a Ej255 inlet would clear. There are no headers for the EJ253 therefore there are NO headers for this kits. Paul and AVO built the kit around the stock EJ253 manifold they have a header in the works , I know because i sent them the mock up, but it doesnt have a date for completion at this time.

This issue goes hand in hand with the EJ253 crying for headers which they won't buy due to price SO the only option would be to have a header built using stock locations (mid pipe flange and oil pan clearances as references)

Couple flanges and few feet of 304 or 321 and he'll be set
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Is this an OEM location turbo?


This is a 2009 Legacy 2.5i with the AVO 2.5i turbo kit installed. and here is the UP notice the stock manifold:



So you make a EJ253 header using stock locations to jump this short hurdle
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
tablesandchairs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294641
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Wow that is nuts!
tablesandchairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE-OTTO

YES it is OEM liek location except it is rotated as the EJ253 doesnt have a maifold that a Ej255 inlet would clear. There are no headers for the EJ253 therefore there are NO headers for this kits. Paul and AVO built the kit around the stock EJ253 manifold they have a header in the works , I know because i sent them the mock up, but it doesnt have a date for completion at this time.

This issue goes hand in hand with the EJ253 crying for headers which they won't buy due to price SO the only option would be to have a header built using stock locations (mid pipe flange and oil pan clearances as references)

Couple flanges and few feet of 304 or 321 and he'll be set
Dam that's what Paul frm Avo turbo world told me too. But hey thanks ill probly build my own hearders
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE-OTTO

This is a 2009 Legacy 2.5i with the AVO 2.5i turbo kit installed. and here is the UP notice the stock manifold:

So you make a EJ253 header using stock locations to jump this short hurdle
My engine is the EJ25
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshaggy4 View Post
My engine is the EJ25
Yes the EJ series 2.5L concept hence EJ25 the variants withing the EJ25 family are as follow EJ25D, EJ251, EJ252, EJ253, EJ254, EJ255, EJ257

ALL non turbo H4 Subarus 06+ have a EJ253 installed from the factory with the exception of the 11 forester (it has a EJ253 phase 3) and the NEW 12' Impreza which has a FB20 engine.

The layout of your IMpreza and the Legacy are nearly identical which is why the kit can be installed on either without worry. The slight difference being clearance near the firewall for the IC piping going into the TB.
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE-OTTO

Yes the EJ series 2.5L concept hence EJ25 the variants withing the EJ25 family are as follow EJ25D, EJ251, EJ252, EJ253, EJ254, EJ255, EJ257

ALL non turbo H4 Subarus 06+ have a EJ253 installed from the factory with the exception of the 11 forester (it has a EJ253 phase 3) and the NEW 12' Impreza which has a FB20 engine.

The layout of your IMpreza and the Legacy are nearly identical which is why the kit can be installed on either without worry. The slight difference being clearance near the firewall for the IC piping going into the TB.
Yea did you have problems installing your kit on your legacy
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #11
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshaggy4

Yea did you have problems installing your kit on your legacy
Which one of those blocks would be good to handle boost?
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshaggy4 View Post
Which one of those blocks would be good to handle boost?
Well you have a EJ253 the engine can handle boost but not 12PSI reliably maybe 8-9 psi max but more like 6-7 psi over the long haul.

Of the engine codes i listed you only need to worry EJ253, EJ255 and EJ257 of those you only need to worry about EJ253 b/c that is the engine in your car from the factory.

OF the engines that best handle boost well that would be the EJ255/7 b/c that is what they are designed for. If you are thinking of getting a EJ255 and rebuilding it for this kit SAVE YOUR MONEY as that would be a waste of money since these engines can handle triple the output of the AVO kit.
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE-OTTO

Well you have a EJ253 the engine can handle boost but not 12PSI reliably maybe 8-9 psi max but more like 6-7 psi over the long haul.

Of the engine codes i listed you only need to worry EJ253, EJ255 and EJ257 of those you only need to worry about EJ253 b/c that is the engine in your car from the factory.

OF the engines that best handle boost well that would be the EJ255/7 b/c that is what they are designed for. If you are thinking of getting a EJ255 and rebuilding it for this kit SAVE YOUR MONEY as that would be a waste of money since these engines can handle triple the output of the AVO kit.
Thanks man you've been helpful all the times . I was Jst curious which subaru engine was able to handle boost, but how much boost can the EJ255 block handle
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
Swagon_Wagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 294424
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NNPTC, Goose Creek, SC
Vehicle:
1998 Spec B. #41
specb silver

Default

the Ej25d is cheap and boostable, just gotta lower the CR, people have ran 17 on it....
Swagon_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagon_Wagon
the Ej25d is cheap and boostable, just gotta lower the CR, people have ran 17 on it....
What's the difference between the EJ25 and the EJ25d
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshaggy4 View Post
What's the difference between the EJ25 and the EJ25d

The EJ25 is a family of engines (EJ25D, EJ251, Ej253...Ej257 being the top)

EJ25d is a phase 1 Subaru engine. However there was a Ej25d revision between 96-97 and 97-98.
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
c0nn0rwils0n
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262203
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

what kind of gains did you experience from putting in the avo turbo kit? i was thinking of doing the same but wondering if it was worth it.
c0nn0rwils0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
xshaggy4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289670
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reno Nevada
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
metalic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nn0rwils0n
what kind of gains did you experience from putting in the avo turbo kit? i was thinking of doing the same but wondering if it was worth it.
You do gain a lot of power you gain 100hp
xshaggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
GEE-OTTO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 201277
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington VA
Vehicle:
2009 Legacy GT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nn0rwils0n View Post
what kind of gains did you experience from putting in the avo turbo kit? i was thinking of doing the same but wondering if it was worth it.

Reliable 200 awhp and torque with room for gains
GEE-OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
SlicksubieSD
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324407
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

so let me get this understood ... the AVO 2.5i turbo kit can work on the FB20 in the impreza's?
SlicksubieSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is what you've been waiting for! AVO Turbo Kits! Rallitek.com Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds 37 03-10-2014 08:48 AM
Need Install for AVO turbo kit in/near Michigan Rallitek.com Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 4 09-19-2006 05:59 PM
Latest Map for AVO Turbo Kit w/ Link ECU Rallitek.com Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain 20 04-08-2005 03:22 AM
AVO Turbo Kit vs TSI Turbo Kit Mechkiller31st Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain 6 12-01-2004 07:02 PM
Header for Ludespeed turbo kit? Elliot Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain 40 10-16-2002 03:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.