Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default TheAnser's 2013 WRX Hatch Journal

First couple of mods in/on - Post 20!

I'm back!

I have missed my '04 WRX since selling it and decided to get back into one. A dealership about 2 hours south of me had one that fit the bill and I went to pick it up last night

A few details; I wanted to get back into a Silver vehicle with a dark interior. In my mind; it's the perfect combo and I am done with dark colored vehicles as a daily driver. So without further ado; a few shots of my new Hatch!

Purchased 10/12/12


First snow - 12/26 and 12/27/12


Suspension & Wheels/Tires - 05/01/13


1 Year Anniversary - 10/19/13 - Wheels sold, suspension going back on again soon.


Winter 2013/2014


More pics on the last page

It's a base model, Ice Silver Metallic, that came with the Blue Footwell Illumination kit, Auto Dimming Mirror/Compass, Security System Shock Sensor, and Wheel Locks.

Modifications so far:
  • Power
  • Cobb AP - Flashed to Cobb Stage 1
  • Torqued Performance Stage 1 Flash - 10/19/13

    Driveline
  • TiC 08+ Super Shift Kit
  • GroupN Trans Mount
  • Killer B Shift Knob

    Suspension
  • 2008+ Koni Inserts
  • 2010 WRX Front Donor Struts
  • RCE Black Springs
  • All new OEM hardware to assemble the suspension

    Wheels and Tires
  • XXR 527 - 17x8.25 +35 with 235/45/17 Dunlops (Stock Tires)
  • Team Dynamics Pro Rally 1 - 15x7 +40 with 205/65/15 General Altimax Arctic Tires
  • Muteki SR48 Lugnuts

    Exterior
  • Flapatax Mudflaps
  • Debadged rear hatch, except for WRX

    To be installed:
  • Invidia Catted DP
  • Magnaflow Catback
  • Grimmspeed Gaskets
  • Rally Armor UR Flaps

Have a good one everybody!
Orion
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by TheAnser; 12-06-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: New photo, added modification list
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
jason6_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308253
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

congrats on the new car man! i picked up a 2012 ice silver metallic hatch at the ed of june and im loving every minute of it. couldnt be any happier with it. the first couple things i did to it was tint and rally armours (which i highly recommend getting) and recently i went stage 1 + cobb sf intake. this really woke the car up and is definatly a lot more fun to drive!
jason6_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
ocdpvw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282232
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2012 TP Stage 2
Bagged SWP

Default

I really like the color. Enjoy!
ocdpvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
chrisbolton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216597
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
PSM

Default

^Agreed looks good man!
chrisbolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
turbosny24
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328866
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Scranton Pa
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

congrats Very nice
turbosny24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #6
maxrocks13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335046
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STi
Black

Default

Sweet ride man, enjoy!!!
maxrocks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
dcorn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 107573
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Looks great, I have basically the same thing in limited. Wish I had the auto dim mirror though.

Any diff between the 12 and 13?
dcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason6_WRX View Post
congrats on the new car man! i picked up a 2012 ice silver metallic hatch at the ed of june and im loving every minute of it. couldnt be any happier with it. the first couple things i did to it was tint and rally armours (which i highly recommend getting) and recently i went stage 1 + cobb sf intake. this really woke the car up and is definatly a lot more fun to drive!
Thanks bud! My first round of mods will be centered around the fact that Winter is quickly approaching. Ordered a set of Husky Liner Weather Beater floor mats last night. Looking at the Flapatax mudflaps (had Rally Armors on my 2004 and thought they were a bit pricey for what you got) and probably going to get some steelies with snow tires.

After that I'll probably grab an Accessport, go Stage 1 and then focus on suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
I really like the color. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbolton View Post
^Agreed looks good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosny24 View Post
congrats Very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrocks13 View Post
Sweet ride man, enjoy!!!
Thanks everyone! It's good to be back in something with boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Looks great, I have basically the same thing in limited. Wish I had the auto dim mirror though.

Any diff between the 12 and 13?
Thanks man, and yeah, I lucked out with the mirror. I don't think I'll ever own another car without one. I'm not aware of any changes between the model years, but, have yet to confirm that. Once I do; I can start spending some more money
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
jason6_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308253
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

[quote=TheAnser;38267433]Thanks bud! My first round of mods will be centered around the fact that Winter is quickly approaching. Ordered a set of Husky Liner Weather Beater floor mats last night. Looking at the Flapatax mudflaps (had Rally Armors on my 2004 and thought they were a bit pricey for what you got) and probably going to get some steelies with snow tires.

After that I'll probably grab an Accessport, go Stage 1 and then focus on suspension.



Sounds like a good plan man, I'm going to have to get some snow tires and steelies soon as well (getting them from subaru as I purchased the wheel and tire warranty).

I would also recommend tuning open source with a tactrix cable and an open source map from torqued performance. It is much cheaper I personally think its better. It is more specific for your car as Eric revises the map based on the data you send him from the logs you do. Whereas with the access port it is just a base map that is the same for everyone's car.
jason6_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
SilverSubie2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136144
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC, UT
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Congrats! Have an ISM 12 myself, been loving every minute! I couldn't stay stock long though. Stage 2 will be here before you know it and really makes commutes a tad more enjoyable.

And agreed on the Torqued Performance tunes. Best $85 you can spend without a doubt!
SilverSubie2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
still.ill
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321355
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: The City of Roses, Pasadena
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
ISM

Default

I have to agree with torqued performance maps. I went stage one with Cobb OTS and was impressed for a little, but then went TP and really noticed the difference. Now I'm stage 2 with TP with Eric revising my map the car is a beast of a machine now.
Nice color choice. I love the silver, it really shows off the body lines.
still.ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason6_WRX View Post

Sounds like a good plan man, I'm going to have to get some snow tires and steelies soon as well (getting them from subaru as I purchased the wheel and tire warranty).

I would also recommend tuning open source with a tactrix cable and an open source map from torqued performance. It is much cheaper I personally think its better. It is more specific for your car as Eric revises the map based on the data you send him from the logs you do. Whereas with the access port it is just a base map that is the same for everyone's car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSubie2.5 View Post
Congrats! Have an ISM 12 myself, been loving every minute! I couldn't stay stock long though. Stage 2 will be here before you know it and really makes commutes a tad more enjoyable.

And agreed on the Torqued Performance tunes. Best $85 you can spend without a doubt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by still.ill View Post
I have to agree with torqued performance maps. I went stage one with Cobb OTS and was impressed for a little, but then went TP and really noticed the difference. Now I'm stage 2 with TP with Eric revising my map the car is a beast of a machine now.
Nice color choice. I love the silver, it really shows off the body lines.
Thanks for the tips everyone! Admittedly; I don't have any experience with a Tactrix cable or the process needed to get a map loaded and revised. I'm assuming I would need to hook up my laptop and log some information for Eric to review, etc. etc. Is it a difficult process?

I like the ease of use of the AP and some of the additional features; but saving $500 sounds good as well...at least for the time being.
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
burnurass
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176557
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
SWP

Default

Nice Pickup! I can't wait for mine to arrive, I preordered a Plasma Blue Premium 5door in september.
burnurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
ColeBerkenbile
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316278
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Muskogee, Ok
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Sedan
WRB

Default

Looking for a USED accessport may be an idea for you to toss around. I got mine for 300 on eBay, you'll be looking for a sub-003
ColeBerkenbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

That's a sick deal. I have never seen a used AP go for that cheap. Someone must have been desperate.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #16
ColeBerkenbile
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316278
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Muskogee, Ok
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Sedan
WRB

Default

It was one of those auctions that ended at 3 AM lol. Think I paid 335 by the time it was said and done
ColeBerkenbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
jason6_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308253
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnser View Post
Thanks for the tips everyone! Admittedly; I don't have any experience with a Tactrix cable or the process needed to get a map loaded and revised. I'm assuming I would need to hook up my laptop and log some information for Eric to review, etc. etc. Is it a difficult process?

I like the ease of use of the AP and some of the additional features; but saving $500 sounds good as well...at least for the time being.
man it is really easy. i am by no means good with computers and i had no trouble. you just have to download a few programs and it literally takes 30 seconds to flash the ecu. and more than likely for just stage 1 you wont have to do any more than 1 log as there arent many variables. When i went stage 1 + the intake i did one log and he said everything was perfect. it is different with stage 2 and other setups because of the differing downpipes, EWG, etc.
it is definately worth saving the money as you can put it towards the car or other mods!
jason6_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurass View Post
Nice Pickup! I can't wait for mine to arrive, I preordered a Plasma Blue Premium 5door in september.
Thanks man, and, congrats to you as well! You are going to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeBerkenbile View Post
Looking for a USED accessport may be an idea for you to toss around. I got mine for 300 on eBay, you'll be looking for a sub-003
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
That's a sick deal. I have never seen a used AP go for that cheap. Someone must have been desperate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeBerkenbile View Post
It was one of those auctions that ended at 3 AM lol. Think I paid 335 by the time it was said and done
That is one helluva deal! If I can find a deal like that I would probably jump on it as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason6_WRX View Post
man it is really easy. i am by no means good with computers and i had no trouble. you just have to download a few programs and it literally takes 30 seconds to flash the ecu. and more than likely for just stage 1 you wont have to do any more than 1 log as there arent many variables. When i went stage 1 + the intake i did one log and he said everything was perfect. it is different with stage 2 and other setups because of the differing downpipes, EWG, etc.
it is definately worth saving the money as you can put it towards the car or other mods!
Sounds like I may have to give it a shot. Gonna get through the "Break In" period first though. Thanks for the advice!
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
jason6_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308253
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnser View Post
Thanks man, and, congrats to you as well! You are going to love it!







That is one helluva deal! If I can find a deal like that I would probably jump on it as well!



Sounds like I may have to give it a shot. Gonna get through the "Break In" period first though. Thanks for the advice!
anytime man, and yes you definatly want to break it in first before any engine mods.
jason6_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default

With Hurricane Sandy supposedly bearing down on our specific vicinity; my timing for weather related mods came in perfectly. Initially; I bought these for Winter, but, I'm sure they will come in handy over the next couple of days!

1. - WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners


Originally bought Husky Weather Beater floor mats, but, they did not fit to my liking...returned those and went back to WeatherTech!

2. - Flapatax Mud Flaps


I had Rally Armors on my 2004, but, felt that they were a bit pricey for the actual part. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the RAs, I just didn't see the need to spend that type of money on a mud flap. Very happy with the Flapatax!

3. - Garage shot for good measure


From left to right - Gixxer 750 tucked in the corner, 2013 WRX, wife's 2011 Forester. We are extremely happy with the current line-up
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
russ9127
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 189531
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Northern California
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatch
Silver w/ STi spoiler

Default

Great looking car! Jealous of the wide body. Do you have any more pictures of the rear of the car with the flapatax? Also, are they the original design? I'm looking to pick up a set for my silver hatch
russ9127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
SJ9ninety
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332137
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Nice! I want those weather tech floor liners for my 13 hatch as well. Still have to wait to get an AP tho, not compatible with the 13s yet.
SJ9ninety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
MaddMax
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9264
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kansas City
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5dr
Ice Silver

Default

Thanks for the pics of the floor mats. I might have to go that route and yank the OEM rubber mats. Yours look a lot better.

ISM is a seriously underappreciated color. Many don't understand just how wicked this color looks in various types of light. It's nothing like the previous silvers. It takes on so many different colors depending on lighting conditions. The color also shows every body angle and bulge of the fenders.

Like many, the OEM taillights aren't great, but thanks to the ISM, you have some other options. I used black vinyl pinstriping and smoked vinyl on my tails. It's a bit different. I like it. Some don't.

MaddMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
TheAnser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Milton,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ9ninety View Post
Nice! I want those weather tech floor liners for my 13 hatch as well. Still have to wait to get an AP tho, not compatible with the 13s yet.
I had a set of WeatherTech's in my 2010 Legacy as well and both sets have fit extremely well in both vehicles. I highly recommend them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ9127 View Post
Great looking car! Jealous of the wide body. Do you have any more pictures of the rear of the car with the flapatax? Also, are they the original design? I'm looking to pick up a set for my silver hatch
I will try and snap a few more pics this weekend and get them posted for ya. Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMax View Post
Thanks for the pics of the floor mats. I might have to go that route and yank the OEM rubber mats. Yours look a lot better.

ISM is a seriously underappreciated color. Many don't understand just how wicked this color looks in various types of light. It's nothing like the previous silvers. It takes on so many different colors depending on lighting conditions. The color also shows every body angle and bulge of the fenders.

Like many, the OEM taillights aren't great, but thanks to the ISM, you have some other options. I used black vinyl pinstriping and smoked vinyl on my tails. It's a bit different. I like it. Some don't.
I had the OEM rubber mats in my 2004 Wagon and they were so bulky compared to the WTs...I recommend switching them out, but, that's your call.

I am loving the color! Completely different than the silver on my wife's Forester.

I will probably be going with the red overlays with cutouts in the Spring. I have always loved the contrast of red on silver. I don't mind the look on your car though. Great color choice by the way!

Thanks again guys!
TheAnser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
Ahh Vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 172456
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Car looks good Orion! When you want to sell let me know, I'll buy this one too! Hah! (Still have the '04)
Ahh Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.