Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #101
scx89
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 269388
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal SD / LA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
obp

Default

Video of the el headers!

How did u crack the flex joint? I scraped mine, dont think its a big deal
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #102
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx89 View Post
Video of the el headers!

How did u crack the flex joint? I scraped mine, dont think its a big deal
The next week !! I'm waiting my catback ,,, because im from Chile bro... patience.

Gregor91 !! How did that happen? :/
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #103
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

I have no idea guys I made trip out to dinner with my girl the other night and I noticed at the restaurant that I had an exhaust leak. But it sounds like the flex pipe. Ill know for sure what it is tomorrow though
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #104
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
I have no idea guys I made trip out to dinner with my girl the other night and I noticed at the restaurant that I had an exhaust leak. But it sounds like the flex pipe. Ill know for sure what it is tomorrow though
oh that's bad bro!! take a picture of your flex joint or flex pipe ..
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #105
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Catback installed !!! tomorrow a new video with invidia n1 dual and tomei equal lenght.
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #106
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #107
scx89
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 269388
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal SD / LA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowrx11 View Post
wow.. best sounding elh's ever... it's still deep and rumbly!
scx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #108
nhat
#Belieber
Moderator
 
Member#: 140163
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 3MI Racing
Vehicle:
03 STi
hellaflunctional

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx89 View Post

wow.. best sounding elh's ever... it's still deep and rumbly!
It can't be both equal length and rumbly...
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #109
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhat View Post
It can't be both equal length and rumbly...
in low rpm is like "rumbly" ( a little of course....) in high rpm the sound is awesome... invidia is a great product !! in person is way better. New videos soon.

This sound is much better that any other equal lenght . ( in my opinion )
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #110
nhat
#Belieber
Moderator
 
Member#: 140163
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 3MI Racing
Vehicle:
03 STi
hellaflunctional

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowrx11 View Post

in low rpm is like "rumbly" ( a little of course....) in high rpm the sound is awesome... invidia is a great product !! in person is way better. New videos soon.

This sound is much better that any other equal lenght . ( in my opinion )
I'll put my Fujitsubo with B&B catback up against it.
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #111
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhat View Post
I'll put my Fujitsubo with B&B catback up against it.
video!
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #112
yudangorgor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 151107
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

if i have the q300, is it possible to just change the axle back to the dual N1's?
yudangorgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #113
scx89
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 269388
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal SD / LA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudangorgor
if i have the q300, is it possible to just change the axle back to the dual N1's?
Yes, but ull have to find someone to trade with you.
scx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #114
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #115
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #116
scx89
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 269388
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal SD / LA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowrx11 View Post
40mph 3 gear.

invidia dual n1 exhaust cat-back - YouTube

a little turbo lag..
sounds freaking awesome. your setup might make me reconsider ELH's

how's the drone on it?
scx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #117
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx89 View Post
sounds freaking awesome. your setup might make me reconsider ELH's

how's the drone on it?
Thanks bro !! the sound is nice, not an anoying noise... equal lenght is more quiet....
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #118
DRail750
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304646
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

Just put mine on this past weekend. To be honest it sounds ever so slightly louder than the SPT Exhaust at idle. Sounds about the same as the SPT up to 3K rpms, after that you get a slightly higher pitched subie rumble over the SPT sound.

Really easy to install, took maybe 20 minutes. Looks really good, I was worried about the potential ricer look going the the SPT Quad tip catback that came on the car when I bought it. I'll post up some pics tomorrow
DRail750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #119
scx89
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 269388
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal SD / LA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRail750
Just put mine on this past weekend. To be honest it sounds ever so slightly louder than the SPT Exhaust at idle. Sounds about the same as the SPT up to 3K rpms, after that you get a slightly higher pitched subie rumble over the SPT sound.

Really easy to install, took maybe 20 minutes. Looks really good, I was worried about the potential ricer look going the the SPT Quad tip catback that came on the car when I bought it. I'll post up some pics tomorrow
:/ maybe inside the cabin. Outside is def louder than SPT.
scx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #120
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

That's what I thought until I had my brother drive it down the street. The invida is louder all the way through. It's hard to tell the difference inside the cabin though
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #121
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
That's what I thought until I had my brother drive it down the street. The invida is louder all the way through. It's hard to tell the difference inside the cabin though
yes! but the EL is more quiet.. inside the cabin and outside.
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #122
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowrx11 View Post

yes! but the EL is more quiet.. inside the cabin and outside.
Oh gotcha. Yea I was going to start building the Wrx but instead I did the opposite and wet back to stock. Might be parting out actually for a different ride
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #123
toeveryhour
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328256
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Sorry to be all n00by, but I ran a search and can't figure it out. Will this exhaust work if I keep my stock midpipe? I know the midpipe is 2.5 and this exhaust is 3. I was wondering if tapers to 2.5. Thanks.
toeveryhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #124
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeveryhour View Post
Sorry to be all n00by, but I ran a search and can't figure it out. Will this exhaust work if I keep my stock midpipe? I know the midpipe is 2.5 and this exhaust is 3. I was wondering if tapers to 2.5. Thanks.
No it's 3 inch all the way and it works fine with my stock down pipe
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #125
toeveryhour
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328256
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

ok wonderful. did some more research. i may just pick up a 3 to 2.5 reducer.
toeveryhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.