Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday June 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
Abacus06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384493
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default 2010 impreza 2.5i 4eat - ABS and TC lights

Turned my car on this morning and my ABS and TC lights turned right on, and the car did not want to shift out of park. Turned the car off/on again and was able to get my car into reverse.

The lights went off but came back on right down the street. Turned the car off at a light and couldn't get it back in to drive for a few seconds. Stopped for coffee and the lights didn't come back on shifted out of park just fine - made it to work without the lights coming back on...

Car accelerates and brakes fine... I had the lights turn on once last winter and turning the car off then on again fixed the issue. We've had some pretty dramatic temperature shifts in Boston. It was in the high 20's 2 mornings ago and it's almost 70 this morning. I did read that the car may do this if the brake fluid is low, which i'll need to check at lunch, and may have something to do with the temperature shifts.

Any ideas???
Abacus06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
blue wrench
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349542

Do your brake lights come on? Have someone step on the brake pedal with varying rates of speed and force while you watch the brake lights, the brake light switch may be starting to intermitently fail. Not super common i think but they do fail.
blue wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Abacus06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Im pretty sure the brake lights come on... but I'll check.

I also checked my break fluid and it's basically topped off. Turned the car on at lunch and no ABS or TC lights, and shifted out of park just fine. Hopefully it was just a freak thing.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
Skillcrusher
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431420

When I was shopping for my impreza a similar thing happened with an 09 I test drove but it was a manual. The hill assist, Trac control and abs lights all came on any time I got the car over 40. Stealership owner said it was a sensor on one of the rear hubs.
Skillcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Abacus06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

I went 3 days without it happening, then it happened again this morning. I'm almost at 58k so It's time for a trip to the dealership anyways.