Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 320039
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

Impreza WRX Turbo XS 3" Catted Turbo Back Quad Tip Exhaust 2012 Sedan

I have a 2012 WRX sedan and purchased my exhaust from a vendor off here for $1297 shipped and it came with all the parts except it didn't come with the O2 sensor plug required due to I only have 1 O2 sensor. It was about $6 on ebay or any other website for the plug. My buddy bought the same one for his '13 sedan and had the same issue. Not sure if it is not supposed to come with it or what. Not really a bid deal. Now to the exhaust its self. It is absolutely beautiful. The huge bell mouth compared to the restrictive stock down pipe and the huge quad 4" blued tips look so mean. I immediately noticed the turbo spooling up faster and at lower rpms not to mention the amazing roar at WOT. The car is much more responsive with this exhaust and love the way it sounds. For the money I don't think you can beat the Turbo XS TBE. I recommend a Cobb AccessPort so you can get the full potential from a Stage 2 tune. If you want a sound clip of my car with this exhaust and a Tubro XS RFL BOV send me a message. Enjoy.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by CookKnowsBest; 02-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
CookKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Wrexflex
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 326301
Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan LR
Stage 2+

I'd like to hear this setup - it's the newer GT quad exhaust from what you described, correct? Catted or non DP?
Wrexflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexflex
I'd like to hear this setup - it's the newer GT quad exhaust from what you described, correct? Catted or non DP?
I'm not sure what model but yes it is quad tipped and has 4" blued tips and it is catted. I'm away for the weekend but when I get back on Monday ill send you the link.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Wrexflex
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan LR
Stage 2+

Any update on this? I'm getting an exhaust soon and it's either this or the Q300.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

I found this video and am still looking for the one with the exhaust added. Sorry about the wait, work has been crazy but I should have it up by the end of today if I can find it.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

Sorry about the wait but here it is. Hope you didn't buy the other exhaust yet.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Wrexflex
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan LR
Stage 2+

Wow, sounds good man. Thanks for puttin that up. I still haven't decided on one yet, esp. with all these new ones potentially coming out soon: Cobb, Greddy, etc. Hows the drone? I'll be buying this for my DD
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

The drone is definitely tolerable. On the highway doing 80 it's kind of loud but unless you travel several hours straight it isn't bad. And I love the sound so I enjoy the drone plus you can hear the turbo spooling at lower rpms. I have no complaints on this exhaust. My buddy with a '13 WRX heard mine and bought it too.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
CookKnowsBest
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookKnowsBest View Post
The drone is definitely tolerable. On the highway doing 80 it's kind of loud but unless you travel several hours straight it isn't bad. And I love the sound so I enjoy the drone plus you can hear the turbo spooling at lower rpms. I have no complaints on this exhaust. My buddy with a '13 WRX heard mine and bought it too.
It is on my dd as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
1an5anity
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 355385
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
13 STi
Black

i recently just got a '13 sedan sti and in the market for an exhaust. you said this is catted right? what u think about those electronic cutouts? does turboxs have one?
1an5anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Hellcat
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 355115
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 Impdeza WRX
Black

I have a 13 sedan with this Turbo Xs TBE and it is absolutely perfect. Only complaint is that on a hard launch or whenever the Tranny moves a decent amount, the pipe knocks the transmission. This is after adjustments to get more clearance, but I will remedy with an aftermarket trans mount. WOT with this system is amazing.
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote