Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 25, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default Perrin two piece downpipe

has anyone use the Perrin two piece downpipe, what do you think of the downpipe?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

anyone?
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
RexRexRex
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (20)
 
Member#: 37389
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton Wa
Vehicle:
2003 gt35r wrx
Built not bought

Default

never had there two piece downpipe but I had there stainless steel downpipe with my vf34 and it put me at 12.75 in the 1/4mile.
RexRexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRexRex View Post
never had there two piece downpipe but I had there stainless steel downpipe with my vf34 and it put me at 12.75 in the 1/4mile.
nice!
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
bebesito21
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (25)
 
Member#: 176128
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: I <3 E85
Vehicle:
5862 ...baby boosted

Default

i have the two piece catted dp. it looks, feels and sounds great. overall A+

i also have the perrin upipe and after these parts i can definitely say i will buy perrin again
bebesito21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

how much power did u gain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebesito21 View Post
i have the two piece catted dp. it looks, feels and sounds great. overall A+

i also have the perrin upipe and after these parts i can definitely say i will buy perrin again
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
texascrewed
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 183902
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default

is the point of a 2 piece just that its easier to install?
texascrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
TeamUnique05
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 180483
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX
WR Blue - Cobb Stage 2

Default

I have the two piece shorties as well. I really really like them! It worked great with my stock cat/and catback. Also worked great once I got the second piece (to replace the factory cat) to my Megan Racing catback. Only thing is the first section coming off the turbo has turned a dark brown/tan color over the past year. Other than that, GREAT pipes! Would highly recommend! Oh and you cant beat the flanges on those either! Really thick!

Oh and I have the catted ones! Sounds great with the Megan Catback!

I wouldn't say it's in pieces for the ease of install. I mean a down pipe is probably the easiest pipe to change out anyway. I just like having the two pieces so you can buy them one at a time! Due to price! Not cheap! But, you get what you pay for!

But Perrin, could you at least include gaskets for both side of the pipe? I mean you spend nearly $300 bucks on a pipe, the least you could do is include the gaskets for both side not just one!

Last edited by TeamUnique05; 07-17-2008 at 11:50 AM.
TeamUnique05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
MrPhiscal
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 47843
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New york
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
silver

Default

great fit nice power gains. Easy to install
MrPhiscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

tried installin mine over the wkend, it didn't fit correctly the rear section pointed up so it was hitting everythin up top.

Last edited by Phoryu2nv; 11-18-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

has anyone else had this kind of problems before, of not fitting?

I sent the downpipe back to perrin more than a month ago, and still have not gotten one back. And don't get any updates on when I will be getting one back unless I email them.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
bebesito21
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (25)
 
Member#: 176128
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: I <3 E85
Vehicle:
5862 ...baby boosted

Default

yeah, i didn't have any problems installing. are you sure you had it oriented correctly? i can't say how much i gained as installed it with a bunch of parts. however, before i finished installing all of the new parts and getting tuned, i installed it on my stock tdo4 and the buttdyno registered a kick in the pants much sooner than with the stock part. i could really sense the turbo was "breathing" better. i can honestly say the perrin upipe and downpipe have given the best feeling in the buttdyno of all the parts i have installed. and the sounds the car makes after the installs are worth the money. take that for what its worth. as for the dyno, i was able to put down 261whp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno on a vf30 with spool coming on at about 3500 rpm.
bebesito21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #13
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

yea it was installed correct, Perrin checked it when I sent it back, and they said it was defected.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #14
PERRIN
NASIOC Manufacturer
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 6776
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Sorry anyone had an issue with the installation or in ^^^^^ case, it might have been mis boxed. I hope we corrected things quickly for you.

Also, we have re-released the single cat one piece as well. I can get a link if they let me.

But the reason for the two piece is emission compliance in some states and countries. Allows removal of each piece, vs. both.

Hope that helps! PLEASE let us know if we can ever help further!



Adam Taft
CEO
PERRIN Performance™
503.693.1702 Ex. 110
WWW.PERRINPERFORMANCE.COM
WebsiteBlogMyspaceE-mailAIM
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #15
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

thanks for addressing the issue adam, but me and christina have worked it out cause I guess you guys havent had any of them for over 2 months, and that's when I sent it back, 2 months ago. So I just use the store credit to buy something else.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
PERRIN
NASIOC Manufacturer
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 6776
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoryu2nv View Post
thanks for addressing the issue adam, but me and christina have worked it out cause I guess you guys havent had any of them for over 2 months, and that's when I sent it back, 2 months ago. So I just use the store credit to buy something else.
CRAP! Sorry about that. Interested in one of the new single piece versions?

Sorry for the concerns.



Adam Taft
CEO
PERRIN Performance™
503.693.1702 Ex. 110
WWW.PERRINPERFORMANCE.COM
WebsiteBlogMyspaceE-mailAIM
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #17
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

pics and price?
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #18
PERRIN
NASIOC Manufacturer
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 6776
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoryu2nv View Post
pics and price?
Will be a vendor announcement etc. in the next day or two. If you PM me your details I can put you on the call / e-mail list for when it hits the web.

Thanks again!
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

Finally my rear section downpipe is in the mail after 5 months of waiting.

Perrin offered me credit for the rear section downpipe and at first I bought 1 Recaro Speed seat with sliders/bracket using my credit+money from my end cause the credit wasn't enough and I went on and bought the rear section from Oakos. Then the water pipe at my house broke so I needed the money back to help with the repairs, I talked to the Rep at Perrin to cancel the seat and I'll just purchase the driver and passenger sliders/brackets. I waited for my refund for my seat, got a refund 2 weeks later, but it wasn't the amount for the seat, call the sales rep at Perrin and she said the manager said I can't use my credit for the sliders/brackets when she said I can when I purchased it, I guess she didn't confirm with her manager when I purchased it and just charged me the full price w/o confirming with me first. I said fine because I didn't want to get into a big argument.

When I got the sliders/brackets, they didn't match, they sent me non-adj sliders with adj brackets , so I couldn't use them and had to find another set. I didn't want to deal with returning it because of the experience I had before. So I'm selling it on my own and take a lost. Sold the brackets already, still looking for someone to buy the sliders.

Last week I emailed the sales rep to see if I can get the rear section downpipe finally, she emailed back after 5 days because I emailed her again when she didn't reply the first time. She told me I didn't have credit left with them because I used it on my sliders/brackets, I called her immediately and she looked it thru her files and it was her mistake. And now 5 months later, I'm getting the replacement for my rear section downpipe. And I'm going to have to sell it because I already bought a replacement from Oakos 3 months ago.

But I'm happy with the power I made with the downpipe. It is a good downpipe. I'd recommend it. And hope they don't go through the hassle I went thru.
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #20
PERRIN
NASIOC Manufacturer
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 6776
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoryu2nv View Post
Finally my rear section downpipe is in the mail after 5 months of waiting.

Perrin offered me credit for the rear section downpipe and at first I bought 1 Recaro Speed seat with sliders/bracket using my credit+money from my end cause the credit wasn't enough and I went on and bought the rear section from Oakos. Then the water pipe at my house broke so I needed the money back to help with the repairs, I talked to the Rep at Perrin to cancel the seat and I'll just purchase the driver and passenger sliders/brackets. I waited for my refund for my seat, got a refund 2 weeks later, but it wasn't the amount for the seat, call the sales rep at Perrin and she said the manager said I can't use my credit for the sliders/brackets when she said I can when I purchased it, I guess she didn't confirm with her manager when I purchased it and just charged me the full price w/o confirming with me first. I said fine because I didn't want to get into a big argument.

When I got the sliders/brackets, they didn't match, they sent me non-adj sliders with adj brackets , so I couldn't use them and had to find another set. I didn't want to deal with returning it because of the experience I had before. So I'm selling it on my own and take a lost. Sold the brackets already, still looking for someone to buy the sliders.

Last week I emailed the sales rep to see if I can get the rear section downpipe finally, she emailed back after 5 days because I emailed her again when she didn't reply the first time. She told me I didn't have credit left with them because I used it on my sliders/brackets, I called her immediately and she looked it thru her files and it was her mistake. And now 5 months later, I'm getting the replacement for my rear section downpipe. And I'm going to have to sell it because I already bought a replacement from Oakos 3 months ago.

But I'm happy with the power I made with the downpipe. It is a good downpipe. I'd recommend it. And hope they don't go through the hassle I went thru.
Thanks for the post and the recommendation for the DP to others. Just to clarify, we couldn't refund the DP purchase price through US, is because the DP was purchased from a PERRIN dealer. So whatever credit was needed, had to come from them, not from us. I don't believe that was realized until late in the game.

Sorry for the headaches, but happy that you got things back on track now!

PERRIN Performance
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #21
Phoryu2nv
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (35)
 
Member#: 30468
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: the Bay!
Vehicle:
2003 EQTuned VF43Bug
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
Thanks for the post and the recommendation for the DP to others. Just to clarify, we couldn't refund the DP purchase price through US, is because the DP was purchased from a PERRIN dealer. So whatever credit was needed, had to come from them, not from us. I don't believe that was realized until late in the game.

Sorry for the headaches, but happy that you got things back on track now!

PERRIN Performance
It's ok, I'm over it. I just hope I can find someone to buy the sliders and downpipe. BTW, the rear section pipe that I got from Oakos because I couldn't wait any longer, one of the bolt still didn't line up, but I made it work.

I made good power considering theres two cats. 285awhp!
Phoryu2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
icudruln
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 197060
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver
Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUnique05 View Post
Only thing is the first section coming off the turbo has turned a dark brown/tan color over the past year. Other than that, GREAT pipes! Would highly recommend! Oh and you cant beat the flanges on those either! Really thick!

Oh and I have the catted ones! Sounds great with the Megan Catback
Mine's done the same. Yet at the same time, awesome DP.
icudruln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #23
PERRIN
NASIOC Manufacturer
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 6776
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

^^^^ Thanks Guys n Gals^^^^^ We appreciate it!

BTW: The color change is NORMAL! Nothing wrong there at all!
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
Zanardi1782
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 89855
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza STI SE
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

I'm glad I've finally found a review on this 2-piece DP, as I've been very interested in buying these as a set to upgrade my current DP set-up.

I do have a couple of questions about the gaskets to use with such a set-up. To mount these, you'd clearly need 3 gaskets: 1 between the turbo and the front piece, 1 between the front and rear piece, and 1 between the rear piece and the cat-back.

From earlier posts, it seems that some of these gaskets are included. Which ones are those and which ones will I need to source myself?

Also, from looking at the pictures on the Perrin web-site, it looks like the DP to cat-back connection does not use a "donut-style" gasket as the factory pieces do? Is that the case or am I missing something?
Zanardi1782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #25
PERRIN_Chris
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 186665
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
2014 BRZ
White

Default

Zanardi,

You do need three gaskets. You will need the turbo to downpipe, first downpipe to second downpipe, and rear downpipe to catback. Our rear section comes with a gasket to connect to the catback, but you will need to purchase the turbo to downpipe gasket, and the gasket that goes between the two downpipes.

The downpipe doesn't use the donut style gasket, but you can use a normal flat gasket that's supplied with the kit. Thanks!
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Perrin two piece catted downpipe! Dubya R Ex Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 7 04-26-2010 03:18 PM
FS/FT perrin two piece up/down pipe caballero1381 Engine/Power/Exhaust 4 05-18-2009 12:55 AM
Borla Divorced Wastegate Two Piece Downpipe synernut SCIC Private Classifieds 14 05-15-2008 01:05 AM
Perrin two piece DP jainuss Newbies & FAQs 0 02-07-2007 10:52 AM
two piece downpipe optimalrage Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 0 08-02-2002 06:26 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.