Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
hanta20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320594
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VT
Default Winter Tires 2012 Impreza

I have the limited version with stock 17". After moving to Vermont I know it is probably in my best interest to get snow tires after hearing the poor reviews of the all seasons.

What have people been getting for their 5door 17"? I have heard people often go down a size or two (ie. 16 or 15) for snow tires?

Looking for suggestions. I am thinking if I go down a size or two that steel rims are the cheapest, dedicated option. Though it seems tire rack didn't supply steel rims in 15"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hanta20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Brian Vantana
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314834
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Laval, Quebec
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Metallic Grey

Default

I have just bought 195 65 15. Toyo Observe.

And yes I do not think that Tirerack has the 15 steelies.
Brian Vantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
BoxerSport2.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308400
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Imp Sport Pr.
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanta20 View Post
I have the limited version with stock 17". After moving to Vermont I know it is probably in my best interest to get snow tires after hearing the poor reviews of the all seasons.

What have people been getting for their 5door 17"? I have heard people often go down a size or two (ie. 16 or 15) for snow tires?

Looking for suggestions. I am thinking if I go down a size or two that steel rims are the cheapest, dedicated option. Though it seems tire rack didn't supply steel rims in 15"
I have a '12 Impreza Sport Premium. I got a deal at the dealership ($40 per steelie in 15"), no pun intended because we all know that is never the case. I got TPMS and bought 195-65R-15 Bridgestone Blizzak's I think I'll be all set for the winter now and with a 15" you get even more sidewall than a 16".
BoxerSport2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
hanta20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320594
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: VT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerSport2.0 View Post
I have a '12 Impreza Sport Premium. I got a deal at the dealership ($40 per steelie in 15"), no pun intended because we all know that is never the case. I got TPMS and bought 195-65R-15 Bridgestone Blizzak's I think I'll be all set for the winter now and with a 15" you get even more sidewall than a 16".
No issues with mounting the 15"? Does it make that much of a difference having the extra side over a 16?
hanta20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanta20 View Post
No issues with mounting the 15"? Does it make that much of a difference having the extra side over a 16?
The extra sidewall offers more protection for your steelies or rims, which is great for the winter months.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.