Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
pinkparrot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 113303
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default My Pro-tune experience with IAG

Well I finally got it done. I chose IAG based off the feedback here from the forum to do this task. First off a huge thanks once again to Rick, Drew, Mike and Jorge and the many other members at IAG. They were always there to answer questions and offer insightful feedback before anything was done.

One of the main reasons that made my experience so enjoyable is how much care they put into each step of the way. The pre-dyno inspection they took my car apart and performed their compression tests. They even caught my oil low and changed at cost of only the Motul oil at the shop. The next day Jorge even gave a little insight to me about how he goes about tuning his cars. Long and short of it is, he will take care of your car and get it done right (this was a major plus for my experience). Lastly, in-between everything Mike also had a chance to look at my car where it got keyed and walked me through what needs to be done and how the shop could help.

If anyone is curious about before and afters, I was running on the COBB Stage 2 OTS map for a year prior to my tune. The difference is literally night and day. Before Jorge even touched my car he talked with me about my expectations from the tune in which I was looking primarily for daily drive-ability. Jorge certainly worked his magic on my car in that department because it is the easiest thing to drive now throughout the entire RPM band.

TL;DR
-IAG was worth the 2 hour drive
-Protune by Jorge responds with my car CLEARLY better than the Cobb OTS Map
-Westminister unless you like Texas Roadhouse or Fast food there isn't much to do there. ( I didn't get to check out "Legends" bar )
-I'll even be back there eventually for Mike to do my body work

Thanks again! Will definitely be back for future work IAG

Dyno Squiggly-line chart:
http://imgur.com/YSLtE

Last pull:

304whp / 336tq

Modlist:

Cobb AP
Grimmspeed ECBS
Cobb SF Intake
Invidia Downpipe with High flow cat
Agency Power Cat-back
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pinkparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
tommyboy34
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 156548
Vehicle:
2011 STi

Great numbers man! Nothing like hanging out there all day (I was the sti getting tuned when you left last night).
tommyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
CamaroFS34
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6850
Vehicle:
2 LT1 Z28s
& '06 IAG WRX (ForSale!)

Figuring out where to take your car is a lot like choosing a doctor you trust your health with. I don't trust my cars with just anyone, and I think this post sums up why I trust my car with IAG.
CamaroFS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
pinkparrot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 113303
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy34 View Post
Great numbers man! Nothing like hanging out there all day (I was the sti getting tuned when you left last night).
haha, hey Sleepin I think we did everything you could there Friday including a Thanksgiving dinner. Great numbers by the way I talked to Jorge in the morning. Glad to hear you met your goals.
pinkparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
tommyboy34
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 156548
Vehicle:
2011 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkparrot View Post

haha, hey Sleepin I think we did everything you could there Friday including a Thanksgiving dinner. Great numbers by the way I talked to Jorge in the morning. Glad to hear you met your goals.
Thanks ended up better than I expected! Couldn't be happier with the experience I had with Jorge.
tommyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
ERL2011wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268931
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
ice silver

Looks good man! It was between Agile and IAG for me as both seemed great. I ended up going to Agile because it fit my schedule better.
ERL2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
IAG Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 158123

Thanks again Anthony, Tommy and others from this weekend's session!

Rick
IAG Performance is offline   Reply With Quote