Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
MonsterWRX5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 239847
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
swp

Default fuse for o2 sensor? 08+wrx

just seeing if there is a location in either of the 2 fuse boxes either under the drivers side dash or under the hood in that box where there is a fuse for the o2 sensor. i've read that you should check the fuse before going out and buying a new sensor
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MonsterWRX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
BigSteiner5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 198418
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Hatch
OBP

anybody
BigSteiner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Franko
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193628
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2010 STI
SSM

Just test all the fuses with a test light and see if one of them is blown. If the o2 sensor has 12 volts going to it for the heater or whatever then it would be fused somewhere.. but its probally on the same system as other things as well and would not have its own dedicated fuse.

Your car is a 09.. and your oxygen sensor is gone allready? Warranty should cover that..
Franko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
MonsterWRX5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 239847
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
swp

no i dont know if my sensor is gone already...i had another thread b ut got no response. my rear o2 sensor rubbed on the drive shaft and it wore away the green cover and 2 of the wires ripped..maybe this shorted something. i keep getting codes for the front and rear o2 sensors i think they are 0031 and 0037. i can clear the rear but it comes back, the ap will not let you clear the front. my car has 12000 miles on it so i doubt my o2 sensor went even tho i know i will need a new rear since it tore. i am st 2 so i doubt the dealership would cover this under warranty. any help would be great
MonsterWRX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
Saopaulo54
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 236677

The O2 sensor generates its own current based on the difference in 02 concentration on both sides of the element. There is an atmospheric side and the exhaust side, there is also a heater element but it's only used when the O2 sensor is cold. Rich A/F ratios will generate current because of the difference in O2 concentration (Oxygen present in the atmosphere versus the lack of oxygen in your exhaust). I would imagine that there may be a fuse for the heater element present in the O2 sensor, but if the fuse was blown it would only affect the O2 sensor when the car is cold. the current generated by the O2 sensor itself is very small and I'm pretty sure that it isn't hooked up to a fuse, but I'm not 100%.
Saopaulo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
wuzup76020
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338507

Ive been looking for the same fuse box...ive read some cars have it. the STI for example i read its under and behind the glove box. would it be the same for the WRX? I also have an 08
wuzup76020 is offline   Reply With Quote