Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Zaklowery
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 339007
Default 2012 WRX Boost leak. IC to TB hose. Round 2. Help?!

Ok, so I got the car in january. 12 wrx hatch. At about 10k miles in june, it started making a whistleing. I took it to a dealer that was close. They insisted it was the waste gate dumping. I didnt believe them, but extremely hard pressed for time, so Other than making the service manager drive with me and listen to it, i kept listening to it. So i got some time last month, and i was fed up with the whistling, so i took it to a dealer an hour and a half away. I read up online a bit and i told them to check the IC to TB hose... They fixed it in a day; that was the problem. I didnt realize how bad it was till i got it back and the car had ALOT more power. So today, I think the same or another hose malfunctioned.... This time it sounds like a trumpet that is plugged up, massive lose of power. Im sick of this. I honestly love this car, but i do not have time for this at all. What are my options? Why does this particular car keep doing this? Is it making too much boost by some malfunction that hoses cant function? Lemon laws? I am NOT a car guy... Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zaklowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 216362
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

There are a few after market manufacturers that offer a beefed up coupler. I myself am having the exact same problem you are. Some people recommend taking off the rubber inserts that they place on each end as they are designed as a fail safe. However, these are notorious for failing under stock boost pressures. You can purchase T bolt clamps which are stronger than the stock worm clamps so you can get that coupler secured more. Other are recommending to use hairspray to act as a lubricant/sealer when it dries.

I have ordered the tomioka throttle body hose with T Bolt clamps from rallysport direct. Hope this helps. I am pretty much fed up with this issue myself...

http://www.tomiokaracing.com/index.p...legacy-gt.html

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/ATP-...t-Clamp-2-75in

Getting the coupler to line up and sitting proper once it is removed is a real pita btw.

Xluben recommends to stay with the OEM coupler and just use the T bolt clamps and remove the 2 rubber insert things at the end of the coupler. His car is built like a monster and his oem coupler is holding up to upwards of 27psi.

Last edited by OxCitywrx09; 11-26-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added more info.
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
OxCitywrx09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 216362
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

well i guess the you need the 3" t bolt clamp for the coupler. I just got mine in the mail and it doesn't fit ! hahhaha

Last edited by OxCitywrx09; 11-30-2012 at 01:55 AM.
OxCitywrx09 is offline   Reply With Quote