Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Chapman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373531
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Bedford MA
Vehicle:
05 STI
WRB

Default Header and Front O2 Scaling

I'm running really lean on idle. Occasional stall.

I have an 05 STI(32 bit) with many mods. Bigger turbo (rotated), 3" exhaust, headers, etc...
I know my MAF needs scaling. But before I do that, im wondering if its a common thing to rescale O2 sensor settings with major exhaust mods. Especially a header where sensor placement may/may not be exposed to gasses the same way as OE manifolds.

I need this thing to idle before I can move on to the other things. I just don't want to move in the wrong direction right off the bat.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
ProfessWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323379
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
2014 Diesel Cruze
Yamaha R6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman View Post
I'm running really lean on idle. Occasional stall.

I have an 05 STI(32 bit) with many mods. Bigger turbo (rotated), 3" exhaust, headers, etc...
I know my MAF needs scaling. But before I do that, im wondering if its a common thing to rescale O2 sensor settings with major exhaust mods. Especially a header where sensor placement may/may not be exposed to gasses the same way as OE manifolds.

I need this thing to idle before I can move on to the other things. I just don't want to move in the wrong direction right off the bat.

The maf should be job #1.


Sent from my iPad using NASIOC
ProfessWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
quazimoto
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 70395
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Da-boonies,Va
Default

So you are saying you have not tuned anything? I mean, could you be more vague?
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Chapman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373531
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Bedford MA
Vehicle:
05 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessWRX View Post
The maf should be job #1.


Sent from my iPad using NASIOC
Thanks, I did that on your recommendation and im in the ballpark now. Runs good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimoto View Post
So you are saying you have not tuned anything? I mean, could you be more vague?
I dont think its so vague. I was specifically refering to o2 scaling and exhaust mods. Is anything tuned? Well... its hard to tune a car that wont make it down to the street.

O2 scaling isn't a common tuning parameter. Ive never seen it anywhere but on this car. Its pretty neat actually...

Last edited by Chapman; 01-31-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #5
ProfessWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323379
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
2014 Diesel Cruze
Yamaha R6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman View Post
O2 scaling isn't a common tuning parameter. Ive never seen it anywhere but on this car. Its pretty neat actually...

It's because the way it's coded in the ECM forced us to define the table as the only way to change the target afr.


Sent from my iPad using NASIOC
ProfessWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.