Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
sevenstarsfall
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340137
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5
White

Default 2007 Impreza 2.5 System Advice

I'm looking to add components to the front, a sub(s), and an amp(s). I'm new to car audio and am confused due to all of the options available. My information is below and I am open to a new HU, if my current one isn't that great.

Also, should I even bother with replacing the rear speakers? I've seen people suggesting to keep the rears and spend that money on better front components?

As for amp(s) and sub(s), I am completely lost. I know I like to turn my music up loud and would like it to be clear. I'm not a fan of the bass drowning everything else out. I'd like the bass to be more focused, if that makes sense?

Thanks, for any input. And if I need to supply more information, please let me know.

Vehicle-
2007 Impreza 2.5
Current system- Stock besides a Kenwood KDC-HD545U
Music Choice- Metal, Alternative, Pop, Country, and Rap.
Music Style- Loud and clear.
Installer- Myself
Installer experience- Automotive mechanic with some experience installing speakers, I've never installed an amp or subs.
Budget- Around $1000

Edit: I mainly use a USB or ipod/touch to play music.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sevenstarsfall; 12-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.
sevenstarsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
sevenstarsfall
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5
White

So far I've decided to get Polk DB6501s for the front with IA spacers and Metra harnesses. I still need help choosing an amp(s) and sub(s).
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
hickupper
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340857

Hey,

I put in a JVC 735 HU in the stock location, but will be moving it into the clock pod when I can find a housing for it. The deck is nice and has blue tooth as well as USB, so I never have to listen to Local radio again. It also has good power as well as 3 separate pre-outs so I can run amps if I need (which I doubt I will do.) I will add subs in the summer, but for now, the head unit and speakers rock.

My goal was great sound, good thump, stock look (with the exception of the HU), and Blue tooth/USB capable music playing.

My future is going to be sub in the spare tire space and integrate the HU and engine info using my Nexus 7 and torque app. However, I like the stereo enough with just the USB, so the nexus may never actually come into play.

http://www.jvc.ca/www/consumer/model.aspx?m=KD-A735BT

I put some nice 6 kickers component in the door and mounted the tweeters in the existing door grills by the handles. I would have rather had them on the pillars, but I was going for a stock look and this was the best place I could put them. You will need spacers or the windows will not roll down.

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/cate...800&sku=11KS62

Rear doors I put in 5.25 JL coaxials, I had to do a bit of stretching to get the speaker to fit, but nothing a hammer and some persuasion could not accomplish.

http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Cate...sku=JLTR525CXI
hickupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Turbopit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 45400
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX TR
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstarsfall View Post
So far I've decided to get Polk DB6501s for the front with IA spacers and Metra harnesses. I still need help choosing an amp(s) and sub(s).
You don't need teh harnesses. If you are adding an amp to power your Polks you will be running new wiring unless you are going to run new wire from the amp to the stock harness in the dash.
Turbopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
sevenstarsfall
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5
White

I know this is an old thread, but I just got around to purchasing the speakers (db6501s) and don't want to start a new thread.

I am going to install the front speakers for now and eventually piece together the rest of the system over time.

Since I am only doing the fronts, besides the speakers, what will I need for the installation?

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 91212
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstarsfall View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I just got around to purchasing the speakers (db6501s) and don't want to start a new thread.

I am going to install the front speakers for now and eventually piece together the rest of the system over time.

Since I am only doing the fronts, besides the speakers, what will I need for the installation?

Thank you.
Mounting adapters (www.subaruaudio.net) and Metra wiring harnesses. 72-9300 if you want them to be plug-and-play or 72-9301 if you don't mind reversing the polarity as described here: http://www.subaruaudio.net/tools-and-how-to/wiring/
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote