Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 29, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
El Wray
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 303030
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Thumbs up Tomioka Racing - LCA Bushings

Took my car into the shop to have the downpipe replaced. While they had it up on the ramp they pointed out a few hairline cracks in my OEM STI front LCA bushings.

Having tried a number of bushing kits - energy suspension, whiteline.. I was not interested in the added NVH (harshness) of going polyurethane or upgrading to race bushings. I didn't want to go OEM, nor ALK. I shopped around for a while, decided I'd stick with hardened rubber. One of the few options out there was Tomioka Racing's TR-CS2000.

When I discovered the cracks the ride on them wasn't that bad. The car was at roughly 40-45K miles. I bought the replacement bushings from Oakos and lagged on install since it wasn't too bad and the install was fairly time consuming. After another 10K miles or so the car's harshness increased and I figured it was time for the stockers to go. I started noticing additional vibration on rough roads, the whole car seemed to rattle more. Braking from speeds of 50-60MPH had kind of an annoying wheel vibration. All of these symptoms felt like the stock struts were going out.

Well, I finally installed the Tomioka's and after a couple hundred miles feel like I can finally give a hearty thumbs up. The car's ride quality has increased tremendously. Wheel vibration on braking is gone. Harsh ride/rattles are now minimal and the ride quality seriously feels better than it did when I first bought the car. Still need to get an alignment since it's been a while, but I would not hesitate to buy these bushings again!

5/5 for Tomioka!
+1 vote for Oakos great customer service and quality products!

Last edited by El Wray; 07-23-2014 at 07:56 PM.
El Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
predavore
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 100709

I have 100k on my car and have the same braking vibration you describe. Along with struts going out (too bouncy to be good struts), I noticed the cracks in the bushings. I'm very interested in the Tomioka bushings. How was the install? Any special tools required?

Thanks!

(yes I know this is an old post. I'm still hoping for a response)
predavore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

You'll need a special tool to press out the bushings. Did not want to deal with that so I took it in to get them replaced.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
predavore
Scooby Newbie

That's what I was wondering. I think it's worth getting a spare set of arms for no downtime.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
predavore
Scooby Newbie

I have ordered a set of these bushings along with a set of STi aluminum control arms. I spoke to a local dealer and they just use a press. Can you show me a link to the tool you used? I think I might use a combination of ball joint press set and shop press to swap bushings.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

I don't know what tool the shop used. They did mention it needed a lot of pressure. Ball joint press should work. Don't forget to get an alignment after.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #7
predavore
Scooby Newbie

Got them done. Much more road noise, but tons better steering response. I agree, I'd recommend these bushings.